Yoda Event Post Patch

2Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Exactly. And then take that same logic months from now and past the 80 cap when the cap eventually goes to 90 or 100. So new players have to push to 90 / 100 and go gear 10+ before passing the Yoda event? I just don't see that happening.

Lack of logic hasn't stopped them before.
    Clearly they are doing something, or why remove the timer and then refuse to answer a simple question when asked by dozens of people whose plans are now in limbo?

They want it to be a SURPRISE!!!! ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I have a feeling that the difficulty will be raised! Why? If they leave him at l70, in a month or two you could have 5 jedis at l80 etc, it would be a cake walk to defeat him.

Reason #812 they shouldn't have raised the cap yet.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree with the OP. The event shouldn't (hopefully won't change). Yoda should be the same level and abilities that he was pre patch. He should still be beatable by a 7* level 65 team as long as you have the right one. Other challenges and events don't change just because the level cap gets raised, why would Yoda

This.......

It really makes no sense to scale the event. Plus like it or not there was the droid event, my guess is they don't want people complaining about needed to farm Jedi and droids for two events running at the same time.

Further I would guess events like Yoda will eventually be every 3 months? But we will have an event every month for one week.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    While I don't believe they ever claimed he was on a monthly schedule, they did say he would come for a while and be back awhile later (or something like that). So, while technically it wouldn't go against what they say if it doesn't come back for a few months.... it should at least be communicated. Especially since the count down timer showed up right away for the second release which led you to believe it was monthly.

The quote here is: This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc.

The quote on the iOS app store is: It's the only way to get the powerful Grand Master Yoda, who will be available for one week each month.

The first quote is consistent with the second quote.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that the difficulty will be raised! Why? If they leave him at l70, in a month or two you could have 5 jedis at l80 etc, it would be a cake walk to defeat him.

The point of the event is to make people farm 5 Jedi, not make it impossible to get him. Devs do not want people to get frustrate and leave the game. They eventually want even f2p to be Abel to get everything. And they want people to pay for early access. They have what they want. Now they will allow everyone access to him. but they want to have another event lined up for the week before or the week after so that the non f2p will have something to farm. And of course they will wait till after the level cap raise has had a couple weeks so that you won't be able to race to 80 and get 'scoundrels - if that is what the next event is' at the same time.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Exactly. And then take that same logic months from now and past the 80 cap when the cap eventually goes to 90 or 100. So new players have to push to 90 / 100 and go gear 10+ before passing the Yoda event? I just don't see that happening.

Lack of logic hasn't stopped them before.
    Clearly they are doing something, or why remove the timer and then refuse to answer a simple question when asked by dozens of people whose plans are now in limbo?

They want it to be a SURPRISE!!!! ;)

Yea, as in Bend over and receive your SURPRISE!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    EA's goal is to get people to spend money. That's why it's only open once in a while, so when people see it open they'll rush to get their Jedi starred and buy Chromium packs and crystals for energy refreshes and shards in the store. I don't see what they'd have to gain by making him impossible for lower level players to get as long as they have the proper amount of starred Jedi.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It appears to me they will scale him. Why else would he be unavailable?

I hope they don't but it only makes since they would or he would be way too easy.
  • Options
    The major challenge is getting 5 7☆ jedi....it doesn't much matter if he is easier. Just my 2 cents.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    It's exceptionally challenging when you spend 2 months starring and leveling 5 Jedi and then the event doesn't show up when it is supposed to.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I really hope I don't have to bring Koth and Barris up to 80 for this, I never have used them, never needed to, they're just for the event, Barris will eventually be worth it though it seems, at least got GW
  • Options
    It's exceptionally challenging when you spend 2 months starring and leveling 5 Jedi and then the event doesn't show up when it is supposed to.

Yeah that will definitely irritate me. I've been leveling and buying Jedi (*cough Ahsoka) instead of other characters only for this event and if they don't bring him back I will be a little ****. I don't want to wait until my 5-Jedi are 80, crazy.
  • Options
    Come on devs.. can you guys please answer the Yoda question?

@EA_Jesse , @CG_JohnSalera, @CG_AaronNemoyten, @CG_RyDiggs , @CG_LucifersDaddy , @CG_Method
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    Really glad I was finally able to get Mace to 6*...

I feel ya man, he was the only one I could grind that made sense (thinking that we had a month to figure out/plan our Jedi for Yoda) and he is a 6* blue geared waste of space.

I happened to pull a 4* from bronzium. I already had a few mid-level Jedi and was sick of being left out of the only content to be dropped. He fell in to my lap. He's actually fun to use in GW, though. Max gear, level 70, 6* with his powers nearly maxed tossed into a Jedi squad is at least something new to try.

There is the conundrum. I opted to take Ima-Gun Di to 7* because I thought he would have future use. I knew the grind would be longer and I would only be able to get 6* yoda the second time around. I was OK with that. But if I knew he wouldn't be coming back I might have finished Mace instead to get 7star yoda earlier. I guess patience is a jedi trait unless you want yoda then screw it you only get 2 shots at it.

Bingo. As stated I lucked in to him a few weeks ago. Figured I could score a 6* Yoda and built a Jedi "C" team as a side project. At least the effort has proved useful for galactic wars!
  • Options

I feel ya man, he was the only one I could grind that made sense (thinking that we had a month to figure out/plan our Jedi for Yoda) and he is a 6* blue geared waste of space.

I happened to pull a 4* from bronzium. I already had a few mid-level Jedi and was sick of being left out of the only content to be dropped. He fell in to my lap. He's actually fun to use in GW, though. Max gear, level 70, 6* with his powers nearly maxed tossed into a Jedi squad is at least something new to try.

There is the conundrum. I opted to take Ima-Gun Di to 7* because I thought he would have future use. I knew the grind would be longer and I would only be able to get 6* yoda the second time around. I was OK with that. But if I knew he wouldn't be coming back I might have finished Mace instead to get 7star yoda earlier. I guess patience is a jedi trait unless you want yoda then screw it you only get 2 shots at it.

Bingo. As stated I lucked in to him a few weeks ago. Figured I could score a 6* Yoda and built a Jedi "C" team as a side project. At least the effort has proved useful for galactic wars!

Yeah he's a solid C team leader I actually won my final round with him today, with Mace, Eeth, Vader, and St Han.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Phern wrote: »
    Just give me a date so I know when to take barriss jc and koth from 6 to 7*. Don't care if it's June 22nd just let me know a date

+1.
    I just need to know when I shall start farming the last 70 Mace shards needed.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

Yeah that will definitely irritate me. I've been leveling and buying Jedi (*cough Ahsoka) instead of other characters only for this event and if they don't bring him back I will be a little ****. I don't want to wait until my 5-Jedi are 80, crazy.

I bit the bullet and farmed Ahsoka for this too. I won't be putting her in the arena but she'll be useful in the light side battles. I'll have her at 6* soon and was hoping to get Yoda to 6* this month...this game takes so much patience.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    It's obvious that Yoda not returning has everything to do with the cap increase. I just do not understand, why don't they just start the Yoda event tomorrow on schedule, and raise the cap next Thursday when Yoda event expires. what's the **** rush to raise cap anyway ...
  • Options
    I can probably just get 7* Yoda if they don't change anything. Once the challenge restarts, do you have to do the first few tiers again?
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

I bit the bullet and farmed Ahsoka for this too. I won't be putting her in the arena but she'll be useful in the light side battles. I'll have her at 6* soon and was hoping to get Yoda to 6* this month...this game takes so much patience.

Ahsoka with Barriss leader is pretty good. Definitely a fun and balanced toon in GW. Adds some good damage and decent healing to a Jedi team. I don't regret farming her.
  • Options
    Spent all my farming the last 2 months to get to 7. Could of farmed Rey or Dooku but there was this thing called the Yoda Challenge. Have. 5 star useless Yoda right now. Pretty disappointing that they can't just come out and say something regarding the date.
  • Options
    Spent all my farming the last 2 months to get to 7. Could of farmed Rey or Dooku but there was this thing called the Yoda Challenge. Have. 5 star useless Yoda right now. Pretty disappointing that they can't just come out and say something regarding the date.

No kidding! A couple character I would rather have put arena shards and cantina shards into, but I want a 7 star Yoda.
  • Options
    I still don't have Yoda. :( But I plan to have 5, 5* Jedi by the time Yoda events are brought back in the game. He is fun to play with but so so soooo squishy! I can one-shot him with call for an assist so he does not seem like the most viable character to me. But I do love Yoda...gotta have him!
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I still don't have Yoda. :( But I plan to have 5, 5* Jedi by the time Yoda events are brought back in the game. He is fun to play with but so so soooo squishy! I can one-shot him with call for an assist so he does not seem like the most viable character to me. But I do love Yoda...gotta have him!

I face 7* Yoda pretty frequently. He's not a complete demon to beat, but he's a large pebble in your shoe. He's a pest who's good at being a pest.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Just got my 5th Jedi to 7* but I'm not when I'm even going to use them now
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options
    I have a whopping 1 7*, 2 6*, and 3 5* Jedi (finally!), having spent nearly every point of energy to farm them. I have almost enough Barriss shards for her 6th star, and Mace isn't far behind (can't get QGJ shards fast enough to advance him...). Pretty much every other character has been put on hold to get me this far, and I haven't even had the change to advance my Cantina, LS, and DS battles.

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I simply don't see how they can't bring Yoda back in April. It clearly states "one week per month" in the App Store. I guess it wouldn't be the first time they lied to us, but it may be the last. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired....
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    I simply don't see how they can't bring Yoda back in April. It clearly states "one week per month" in the App Store. I guess it wouldn't be the first time they lied to us, but it may be the last. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired....

Maybe the surprise is that he'll be back in April but he'll be level 80 while we're all still trying to get there