Rerolling Roster idea

Matu
46 posts Member
edited October 2020
Wish there was roster reroll option, let's say for 200 crystals and each next time it adds 50 crystals!? So it wipes out all your roster and there is new tab what stores all your shards, zetas, other skill mats, mods etc. And you could then relevel/gear/mod any toon you had so you could fix any mistake you may have done - wrong zeta etc. And you could select reroll all toons or select toons out who you would not like to reroll.

Replies

• Options
    that would be so op
  • Options
    Not a chance. And definitely not at such a low starting price.

It's a resource management game, and this would just allow players to regain all their gear and get everything straight away each time a new meta rolls in.
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Starts whit 1000 and adds 250 each time then?
  • Options
    Matu wrote: »

Less than 50 Stun Gun salvage? Not a chance. A vault's worth (~15,000) and then add some. Not that it matters, they'd never do this.
  • Options
    Try to start with 200k crystals and maybe it becomes a realistic expectation.
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Or you can do it only 1 time then?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Less than 50 Stun Gun salvage? Not a chance. A vault's worth (~15,000) and then add some. Not that it matters, they'd never do this.

Gotta agree, if they were to do this (which they won't), the lowest I would ever expect it to be would be 10k.

So many things would go sideways if they tried to do this.
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe 1 time event then? I have
    many toons what i did to 7* before we got gac, would be nice to reroll them and maybe even reset a few zetas. So i would be div2 again and no trash toons.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    many toons what i did to 7* before we got gac, would be nice to reroll them and maybe even reset a few zetas. So i would be div2 again and no trash toons.

It will never happen, no matter how many concessions you try to make.

What you are talking about is literally the point of the game. Decision making based on the long term of your roster development. Some choices are always going to feel more important that others ,but they will all have an effect over time.

I'm sure a lot of players would retune their rosters towards GAC, they would love to do that. The problem there is that some would then be stepped down to face newer players who dont have the depth built in or the (now stored resources) to build those perfect teams. That is no good for the health of the game.
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

What you are talking about is literally the point of the game. Decision making based on the long term of your roster development. Some choices are always going to feel more important that others ,but they will all have an effect over time.

I'm sure a lot of players would retune their rosters towards GAC, they would love to do that. The problem there is that some would then be stepped down to face newer players who dont have the depth built in or the (now stored resources) to build those perfect teams. That is no good for the health of the game.

Yes, but many years we didint even know about gac, me and i assume many other players leveled alot of trashy toons what now, when gac is out, makes thier gac experience worse. Let's say they would be back to div2 from div1 but no trash toons.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes, but many years we didint even know about gac, me and i assume many other players leveled alot of trashy toons what now, when gac is out, makes thier gac experience worse. Let's say they would be back to div2 from div1 but no trash toons.

And since the inception of GAC, you and every other players have had time to work on making sure that the only toons in your top 80 are useful.

Once you do that the rest of the trash tokens dont matter, at least not in a GAC match.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options
    The only way I could see anything like this being even considered would be if each purchase of the re-roll only affected a single toon. It would still have to be expensive to prevent abuse, though I'm not sure what the actual cost would or should be, and there might be a purchase limit per account. Still potentially useful, but not as destructive as 1000 day one players redistributing 5 years of resources all at once. Still don't see it happening even in such a limited way. As others have pointed out, it is a resource management game.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    IcyPaleBorer-max-1mb.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yeah I don't see this as a viable idea. Even at 10k crystals.

Want the next gl?

Reset and gear the requirements.

Repeat for every meta.

10k is far cheaper than buying enough gear for a GL.

• Options
    If you find your competition too tough in d1, by lowering your GP outside of top 80 (I assume that's your goal by trying to get back in d2) you'd put yourself in a situation where you'd get even more difficult fights.

The focused top of division 2 is likely worse than whatever you are facing now.
  • Options
    If you find your competition too tough in d1, by lowering your GP outside of top 80 (I assume that's your goal by trying to get back in d2) you'd put yourself in a situation where you'd get even more difficult fights.

The focused top of division 2 is likely worse than whatever you are facing now.

It's not just get back to div2 or what ever, you can delete all these trashy toons you geared pre gac and maybe get some zetas back you regret doing.
    Let's set it to 1 time event then for let's say 50k crystals.