Places of Power challenge tier 3

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    scuba I use SLKR lead for the constant forced Taunt on KRU.

So the protection add from the tmr brought back that much of kru protection?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    zEmp lead works well with high relic sith (4 of Malak, Nih, Bast, DR, Vader). The trick is managing the debuffs so that you are always taking a turn. It's extremely important that you manage the last jedi in each phase to have as many debuffs as possible when they die so that you have 100% TM on most of your sith to start the next phase (especially 4 & 8, but all of them can be dangerous). Culling blade is the most reliable way to do this. Debuffs are hard to land so having Bast helps Palp land debuffs, and your should use Malak's basic as much as possible to spread tenacity down (when he's not using drain, basically).

This assumes you can survive the initial P1 attacks with all 5 standing, of course. If not, T3 may not be for you.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    @scuba, yes. The 10% becomes so high that he'll have tens of millions of protection by the final waves. They can't even make a scratch in it. Each TMR event adds more total P than they can remove with their 50+ turns per wave.
  • Options
    I use zEP lead, Vader, Bastilla, Malak, and Nihilus. All are at least G13 R6 except for for my G12 Nihilus. Took me a couple retries for no one to be defeated on the opening wave 1 salvo, but after that it's not too bad. You control them with the TM train and save Nihilus insta kill for the Jedi leaders.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba, yes. The 10% becomes so high that he'll have tens of millions of protection by the final waves. They can't even make a scratch in it. Each TMR event adds more total P than they can remove with their 50+ turns per wave.
    Thanks. it is crazy. I am running it now.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    Sith Eternal Emperor can’t beat it

Not true. I just finished tier 3 with him

What did you use?

Traya lead triumvirate plus SEE and Malak. Only SEE and Malak are R7, the rest goes as low as R3. Traya provides health recovery, SEE prot recovery plus retribution and keeps enemies debuffed so that every time malak or sion counterattack they heal up the whole team. Nihilus kills one or two toons per wave, so by the final wave he's unkillable. Just to be sure link yoda and mace and kill them with SEE ultimate so that mace can't inflict expose.
    Basically you can auto the whole thing should you like so and it only works because of SEE retribution so yeah, I agree he needs a touch up but stop crying like he's garbage, he's not. In the meanwhile, try to be patient and find a way to get the job done with what you have.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    Did it first try today with EP BSF DR Malak Nihlus
  • Options
    zj1uhvm34m68.png
    Maxed out at 4mil
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    SLKR, KRU, ST +2 is definitely faster but harder than dropping ST. He assists most of KRU's counters and kills the TMR Jedi too fast for KRU to tank up. You can enter Wave 4, get Healing Immunity right off the bat and KRU dies.

This time around I dropped ST. Did waves 2-8 with just the Kylos. Took over 40 minutes but by wave 4 KRU was untouchable even with healing immunity. Rex's basic keeps adding to his health pool, so I killed him last.

Wave 8 he was healing for 3+ million each hit he took.

kkvkobufmrbu.png

This is the way.
    Thanks @Vendi1983 !
  • Options
    tzj37l2nownj.png

all R7 excep Dooku R6
  • Spixx1109
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @Vendi1983 hey, do you mind telling me what im doing wrong? My kru just dies off on p1
  • Options
    The key with this poo fest (and most of the the tier 3’s) is to perfectly time the last kill on every wave so you have nearly everyone ready to go and beat the uber stoopid turn meter.

Not exactly the pinnacle of game difficulty design but that’s what we have I suppose.
  • Options
    Palp, Vader, DR, DM, BSF and did it 3 star. Pretty easy, just take out leader first each time.
  • Options
    Finally I did it too 😅
    EP (R7), Vader (R4), Malak (R7), Badstila (R5), Nihilus (R1).
  • Options
    Ahh got too 8/8 and only got one shot before being rolled.
  • Options
    Dobregt wrote: »
    Slkr kru and 3 random trash and hit auto. Problem solved for t3

No.
    I died in wave 1 with auto and in wave 2 with manual (R7 SLKR with ultimate, R7 KRU, R7 Malak, R7 DR, R5 Badstila).
    When each enemy has 5-8 turns before your SLKR, the moment to use the ultimate simply never comes!

https://youtu.be/PR-WNGnGzFs

This is a link to a guide that i just made for the SLK + KRU,watch it maybe it will help,and don't forget to have some mods that do not give you too much ten or nit at all
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Spixx1109 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 hey, do you mind telling me what im doing wrong? My kru just dies off on p1
    There is a video somewhere.
    KRU you want High health 100k
    SLKR lead KRU and 3 of the weakest (they are going to die anyway)
    DO NOT kill the jedi that stealhs in the first 3 waves till last (These are the ones that reduce TM)
    DO NOT kill Rex till last in wave 4 (his basic does TMR and is really going to boost it)
    Safest play is in wave one put it on auto basic and control the targeting till they are dead, Yes it can get dicey if the enemy crits a lot, however KRU will die qucik if that happens and you can restart
    I had mine healhing for around 100K by the end of wave 1 when he took attacks.
    When you feel comfortable he has a good enough health pool put it on full auto
    I did Wave 1-3 on auto basic just conrtolling the targeting to not kill the enemy TMR units
    By wave 4 I had about half protection and was healing for over 1mil per hit.
    Need to kill JKA first because of his BI (protection was so high and rex TMR added so much protection HI was not an issue)
    Saved SLKR cleanse for when KRU got buff immunity.
    Once JKA is dead put it on auto and walk away.
    It is a very long battle like this but does work.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    yeah i started doing auto for the most part

i kept losing for an hour even with full health modded KRU because he kept resisting the TMR from the stealth jedi in wave 1 and wave 2

very tedious method but as long as i can auto most of it i don't mind other than how much battery is being drained because of how long the game is running
  • Options
    I managed with this. RP lead, Nihilus, Malek, BSF and SEEP. Don’t pull his ultimate. His protection regen is priceless here. bcf1fwzlaqw4.jpeg

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    yeah i started doing auto for the most part

i kept losing for an hour even with full health modded KRU because he kept resisting the TMR from the stealth jedi in wave 1 and wave 2

very tedious method but as long as i can auto most of it i don't mind other than how much battery is being drained because of how long the game is running

Memu to the rescue!
  • Options
    I managed with this. RP lead, Nihilus, Malek, BSF and SEEP. Don’t pull his ultimate. His protection regen is priceless here. bcf1fwzlaqw4.jpeg

its so sad how activating SEE ult makes him 10x worse
  • Options
    Beat T3 with G12 EzPz (L), R7 Vader, R7 Malak, R5 DRevan, and R5 BSF. Lost EP last wave.
  • Options
    Did it first try today with EP BSF DR Malak Nihlus

For me EP lead at R2, BSF R4, Vader at R4 Malak R5 and DN g12+5. If you survive the initial barrage, and annihilate is ready for the leader of the next wave, you're good to go. Use Vader's culling blade to finish off the last toon of a wave if possible so he starts the next wave at full TM.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Gave it another shot, epL, dr, bsf, vader, malak. All r7, gold mods. Completely wiped at stage 5/7.

What are the CC mechanics people are talking about? How do you "time" the last kill so you have TM? I guess im not understanding
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Gave it another shot, epL, dr, bsf, vader, malak. All r7, gold mods. Completely wiped at stage 5/7.

What are the CC mechanics people are talking about? How do you "time" the last kill so you have TM? I guess im not understanding

Vader's culling blade grants 100% TM on a finishing blow. If you use it to kill off the last toon of a phase, Vader will start the next phase with 100% TM. Throw dots, use MM, ability block everyone (almost) throw dots again. Annihilate the leader with DN, use abilities, etc - but as you start to get near the end of the phase (and things are under control) use basic attacks, reset cool downs and set up one target for culling blade. Rinse, repeat.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Vader's culling blade grants 100% TM on a finishing blow. If you use it to kill off the last toon of a phase, Vader will start the next phase with 100% TM. Throw dots, use MM, ability block everyone (almost) throw dots again. Annihilate the leader with DN, use abilities, etc - but as you start to get near the end of the phase (and things are under control) use basic attacks, reset cool downs and set up one target for culling blade. Rinse, repeat.

Ok i think maybe then my problem is im OVERGEARED on evrerone else, maybe why people with lower relics can beat it but my full r7 cant. My other heros just always do too much damage and end up killing the last guy left before it's vaders turn. Sometimes i get lucky and vader gets that last kill in but its not consistent enough
  • Options
    Dobregt wrote: »
    Slkr kru and 3 random trash and hit auto. Problem solved for t3

No.
    I died in wave 1 with auto and in wave 2 with manual (R7 SLKR with ultimate, R7 KRU, R7 Malak, R7 DR, R5 Badstila).
    When each enemy has 5-8 turns before your SLKR, the moment to use the ultimate simply never comes!

6medxfwczzbw.jpg

Its a moding issue, not a toon issue. If ur KRU dies then it is game over. Mod ur KRU and try again, it's doable (40min)
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Ok i think maybe then my problem is im OVERGEARED on evrerone else, maybe why people with lower relics can beat it but my full r7 cant. My other heros just always do too much damage and end up killing the last guy left before it's vaders turn. Sometimes i get lucky and vader gets that last kill in but its not consistent enough

Vader doesn't have to have the last kill. But having a bunch of debuffs stacked so that everyone under ep lead gains tm and starts with some overflow certainly helps.

And not all gold mods are created equally. Are you modded for offense or potency?

Modding for offense will result in you killing them with few debuffs and not getting enough tm. The tenacity is also quite a bit higher than in other phases so you need more potency to compensate.
  • Options
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Is there a team that can win?

Yes.

I did it with g12 palp lead (both zetas), r7 DR, r7 malak, r5 bast, g12 nihilus

Thanks! This also worked for me, same gear levels only with R7 Bast. Last phase ended up being DN and DM vs 4 Jedi, DN tanked crazy amounts of dmg like a boss.

• Options
    Bottom line is the rewards aren't worth the gamble of spending 1, 3, 5, 10 hours depending on your RNG experience on this one, same as any other assault battle Tier 3. (Chirrut lead for the bogus defense!)

They need to completely redo all these tier 3s, or increase the rewards substantially for the amount of time and effort you have to put into them. And STOP JUST ADDING 1000% TM and 800 Speed to every **** AI character! 500K health and 500K protection isn't so bad, it's the fact Jedi Guardian and Jedi consular can wipe out an R7 team because they take 45 turns before I can even move.