Places of Power challenge tier 3

Prev13
Is there a team that can win?

Replies

• Options
    I did it last time with EP, Vader, Badstilla, DR, DM all relic 7 except Badstilla who is relic 5. Haven't had chance to run today.
  • Options
    This is the way
  • Options
    Slkr kru and 3 random trash and hit auto. Problem solved for t3
  • Options
    Sith Eternal Emperor can’t beat it
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Dobregt wrote: »

No.
    I died in wave 1 with auto and in wave 2 with manual (R7 SLKR with ultimate, R7 KRU, R7 Malak, R7 DR, R5 Badstila).
    When each enemy has 5-8 turns before your SLKR, the moment to use the ultimate simply never comes!
    Post edited by AleSahnDroh_1979 on
  • Ryanh1315
    122 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Dobregt wrote: »
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

Not true. I just finished tier 3 with him
    Res non verba
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

Do you have SLK? If so put him under a triumvirate team
    Res non verba
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I did it last time with EP, Vader, Badstilla, DR, DM all relic 7 except Badstilla who is relic 5. Haven't had chance to run today.

EP lead for the win.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Bora wrote: »

Do you have SLK? If so put him under a triumvirate team

Useless... the whole team died in wave 1
  • Options
    EP R4, Vader R6, BadStilla R6, DRevan R7, Malak R7.
    Manual, and this time I lost EP and DR in last wave but still won.
  • Options
    I one star it but it takes half hour.

SLKR lead, Kru with 115k ish health and decent armour.sith trooper as my 3rd then 2 poorly feared low level sith as last 2 who die to aoe in first 10 seconds.

Hit auto except for.......phase 4, stab anakin and play manually until he’s dead ( if he lands healing immunity on Kru you can be screwed. )
    Only ever basic during this phase with Kru so. You don’t loose taunt.
    Then stick on auto.
    Play manually on phase 8 purely to speed things up , constant pokes on GK and basics with Kru again to not loose taunt and hopefully keep sith trooper alive longer.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing better in a game then being a punching bag for 30 min for a sprinkle of reward. Time well spent lol
  • Options
    I got wiped out pretty quickly in tier 3, but the EP lead tip helped me get through tier 2 for the first time, cheers.
  • Options
    Bora wrote: »

Not true. I just finished tier 3 with him

What did you use?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Not me but someone else might have said git gud.
  • Options
    I tried:

EP(L), vader, badstila, DR, malak, all R7
    [Cant make it past round 7, get wiped every time]

EP(L), Nihilus, badstila, DR, malak, all R7 except nihilus that is R5
    [Can make it to round 8, but get halfway wiped before I take a turn]

Also tried a few different comps with SEE but can't make it past round 6 and sometimes not even pqst round 5.

God mods on all.

Sadly the youtube videos are all old videos before they buffed the challenge tier 3. It used to have no protection on the AI enemies, but now it does, makes it a lot harder...
  • Options

He can, it’s just slower and not as easy. I used zzEP lead, DM, BSF, SEE, and OG sith trooper. With EP’s stacking max protection, you can make him really hard to kill.

That being said, I did it last time with Vader and KRU in place of SEE and sith trooper. SEE doesn’t add much to the team for this.
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    I tried:

Also tried a few different comps with SEE but can't make it past round 6 and sometimes not even pqst round 5.

God mods on all.

Sadly the youtube videos are all old videos before they buffed the challenge tier 3. It used to have no protection on the AI enemies, but now it does, makes it a lot harder...

Make sure you end each round with debuffs on the last enemy and have abilities on cooldowns. This will give you turn meter to start off the next wave. It takes longer than before, but the strategy remains the same. Focus on crowd control.
  • Options
    SLKR, KRU, ST +2 is definitely faster but harder than dropping ST. He assists most of KRU's counters and kills the TMR Jedi too fast for KRU to tank up. You can enter Wave 4, get Healing Immunity right off the bat and KRU dies.

This time around I dropped ST. Did waves 2-8 with just the Kylos. Took over 40 minutes but by wave 4 KRU was untouchable even with healing immunity. Rex's basic keeps adding to his health pool, so I killed him last.

Wave 8 he was healing for 3+ million each hit he took.

kkvkobufmrbu.png
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    maf153g717yf.png
    SEE’s has some usefulness in tier 3, retribution, protection and call assist helped. My investment has worth!!!!! Lol
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    SLKR, KRU, ST +2 is definitely faster but harder than dropping ST. He assists most of KRU's counters and kills the TMR Jedi too fast for KRU to tank up. You can enter Wave 4, get Healing Immunity right off the bat and KRU dies.

This time around I dropped ST. Did waves 2-8 with just the Kylos. Took over 40 minutes but by wave 4 KRU was untouchable even with healing immunity. Rex's basic keeps adding to his health pool, so I killed him last.

kkvkobufmrbu.png

Which lead?
  • Options
    Just to add to the slkr/kru/st+2 teams: use auto basic for waves 1-7, not regular auto. I'm sure people can clear it on auto, it just gets a lot easier (though time consuming) when you use auto basic.

The trick is to make the stealthing jedi aoe as many times as possible. They aoe, reduce KRU's tm, and then he gains health. Since he heals for 8% of his health every time he's attacked, he eventually becomes invincible.

As long as you survive the first two waves with slkr and kru, you're golden. Make sure KRU has over 100k health to start with so he can survive early and ramp up quick. I want to note that I dont think slkr's ult is required, but it'll definitely make wave 8 easier.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

kkvkobufmrbu.png

Which lead?

Looks like slkr is leader in the picture
  • Options
    The thing I hate about T3 (and T2 to some extent) is that they are very RNG dependent. If you get to the final phase with the right TM setup in your toons, you can beat it. If not, that's 15 minutes of work that goes down the drain in 15 seconds.
  • Options
    Treya Lead, SLKR, KRU,

Hit Auto they will kill themselves eventually. I will normally Manual Tier 8 Cause they can be stupid and focus on Kenobi when they don’t need to and stalemate things longer than needed.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @scuba I use SLKR lead for the constant forced Taunt on KRU.
  • Options

Yes.

I did it with g12 palp lead (both zetas), r7 DR, r7 malak, r5 bast, g12 nihilus
  • Options
    If Nihilus Annihilates the tanks or "special" toons each wave he'll be unkillable by the end.
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    I tried:

God mods on all.

You must have mods wrong on your ep team then. I have r7 ep, r7 vader, r7 dr, r4 badstilla, and an r5 malak and beat it pretty easily.

I have ep and vader modded for potency. Vader and darth revan are modded for speed. Badstilla and ep are also pretty fast but not as much as vader and dr. Malak is modded mostly for health.

Ep's unique with shocked jedi combined with damage over times from vader deal a lot of your damage. So potency to land dots with vader and shock with ep, dr, and badstilla are important. Mine is high enough on all of them that they land pretty good. My malak was resisted a lot but th ef others weren't.