Why don't people ever use Juhani in JKR squads?

Prev1
Hello, everyone. I've been wondering this question for a long time and I thought I might as well ask now. I'm currently farming for JKR, 2/5 at 7 star. I'm trying to plan ahead and get my squad set up. I'm wondering, why wouldn't you use Juhani with JKR? She is needed for Darth Revan, has both OR and Jedi tags, her zeta allows her to recover protection for each OR/Jedi ally, and she can taunt for up to 4 turns. I know there are other Jedi/Jedi tanks, but they go in other squads. Kenobi goes to Padme. Hermit Yoda goes with Jedi Knight Luke,etc. I feel like Juhani is just the best filler. Maybe I'm missing something?

Replies

• Options
    Jolee is vastly superior.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Assuming you're discussing GA:

If you are using JKR + jedi on offense you rarely need a tank.
  • Options
    Because you often don't have a slot for her. The average JKR squad has all slots taken by vastly superior jedi to make use of.

JKR - Bastila - Hermit Yoda - Jolee - GMY

JKR - Bastila - Hermit Yoda - GAS - JK Luke

Those are the usual lineups, former more likely for offense and latter for defence / Arena. Neither has any use for Juhanni. She's a good tank, but she's very sub-optimal for JKR team building.
  • Options
    because she's bad
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I'm actually trying to find her a spot with GL Luke. Her mass dispel is tempting, but not enough to g13 her just to give her a shot ;)
  • Options
    Because JKR is lame, synergized with all jedi so theres no spot for her.
  • Options
    I use juhani on my jkr squad.i probably wouldn't use her there if my hermit yoda was zeta or geared higher.used to use gk,but he is with padme now
  • Options
    Sadly, Juhani is pretty useless. She only has marginal use in an all OR squad as a second tank and cleanse.

JKR doesn't really need another cleanse. JKR doesn't often even need a taunting tank. When JKR was meta, taunting tanks weren't even useful since JKR goes around taunt and Jolee has a "you have to kill me first" taunt.

Ultimately, her 4 turn taunt is dispellable and then she sits there useless, though. That is her downfall.

In this game there are precious few tanks that get used that aren't a pre-taunt or triggered taunt. Only one I can think of off the top is St Han, and he is fairly niche. I guess Old Ben also, but he is mainly used for his Mind Tricks and not for his taunt.
  • Options
    I've often found Juhani to be useful under Bastila lead in 3v3. She has sneaky high physical damage, and combined with Bastila lead's 35% extra damage, Juhani's extra damage against debuffed enemies, and offense up, she can do some decent damage. If you mod her for health and defense she will also be thicc.

I've gotten holds with squads like Bastila, Juhani, Ezra/Hermit Yoda/Barriss/etc.

The only other time I use her is when my Revan is a bit slower than an opponent and I need that extra 5 speed from the dual OR/Jedi tags.

In retrospect I wish I had geared Canderous, but I do get some utility from Juhani on occasion.
  • Options
    Jolee is vastly superior.

I already plan to have Jolee in my team. The lineup would be JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, and Juhani.
  • Options
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Because you often don't have a slot for her. The average JKR squad has all slots taken by vastly superior jedi to make use of.

JKR - Bastila - Hermit Yoda - Jolee - GMY

JKR - Bastila - Hermit Yoda - GAS - JK Luke

Those are the usual lineups, former more likely for offense and latter for defence / Arena. Neither has any use for Juhanni. She's a good tank, but she's very sub-optimal for JKR team building.

For Grand Arena though, I'm trying to avoid taking key characters from other teams. So I really wouldn't want to take GAS away from 501st, and JKL makes a good team on his own. I was going to put Hermit Yoda with my JKL team as well.
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Maybe I misunderstand you, but Juhani is a jedi. She has both Jedi and Old Republic tags, so she is perfect for Jedi Knight Revan's lead of Jedi and Old Republic.
  • Options
    Sadly, Juhani is pretty useless. She only has marginal use in an all OR squad as a second tank and cleanse.

JKR doesn't really need another cleanse. JKR doesn't often even need a taunting tank. When JKR was meta, taunting tanks weren't even useful since JKR goes around taunt and Jolee has a "you have to kill me first" taunt.

Ultimately, her 4 turn taunt is dispellable and then she sits there useless, though. That is her downfall.

In this game there are precious few tanks that get used that aren't a pre-taunt or triggered taunt. Only one I can think of off the top is St Han, and he is fairly niche. I guess Old Ben also, but he is mainly used for his Mind Tricks and not for his taunt.

I did think Old Ben might be a good sub, since he has a special mechanic with this taunt that it comes back for a turn after it's dispelled, but he only has Jedi tag and not OR tag.
  • Options
    If you dont have Hermit yoda but have Wampa, You can use Juhani on JKR team with bastila jolee yoda also wampa in OR team.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    I tried her for jkr mirrors ages ago when jkr was my arena team (didn't have hoda so I was experimenting). And found her to be useless, dies pretty quick, taunt gets dispelled so I found using ezra was more beneficial and even old ben worked better. She fits in nicely with Jkr's lead but she's not a great toon in general. If you have no other choices then go for it but there are better toons for that final spot and you can experiment for yourself to check if you like
  • GroggY
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I have her at r4.
    Works pretty good with my jkr jolee bastila and gmy
    Not for arena but easy full wins against gg padme and other threads in gac and tw.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Because Juhani is bad. Mystery solved.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Explain your reasoning. Why is Juhani bad?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Explain your reasoning. Why is Juhani bad?

She has an active taunt that is easily dispelled and has a long cooldown, and she can't do any significant damage. She has hardly any other utility - just a conditional stagger which isn't exactly earth shattering. Her kit is just too threadbare to be of use as anything other than "welp I've already used all my good characters" filler.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I run Juhani with JKR because I don't have Hermit Yoda and I use Kenobi with padme.

Juhani isn't the best but I can still use my JKR team with her to beat a lot of B teams in GAC and TW
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Maybe I misunderstand you, but Juhani is a jedi. She has both Jedi and Old Republic tags, so she is perfect for Jedi Knight Revan's lead of Jedi and Old Republic.

Yes, because JKR works with all jedi, so when you have many tier S and tier A to choose from, why bother on a tier B?

I like Juhani, I have her at R7, but sadly her usefulness for now is limited, carth OR team is outdated, and an OR-jedi is not for JKL team too.
  • Fett_Kenobi80
    155 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I've read enough. What is with you people? Juhani is a jedi and OR! She and Jolee and Bastila all synergize with JKR! My dream squad for JKR is : JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Juhani and T3-M4. An OR team with all the jedi and a really good droid! JKR specifically gives bonus to OR and jedi, and Juhani is both! Juhani would be what ties the team together with a tank to absorb the hits and Jolee to heal her back up! When I get JKR, that's what I am going to do. Thank you, jawa7778 for realizing this too. I am glad I am not alone in this (terrible) Juhani-hating world!
    Fett-Keobi-80
  • Options
    I've read enough. What is with you people? Juhani is a jedi and OR! She and Jolee and Bastila all synergize with JKR! My dream squad for JKR is : JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Juhani and T3-M4. An OR team with all the jedi and a really good droid! JKR specifically gives bonus to OR and jedi, and Juhani is both! Juhani would be what ties the team together with a tank to absorb the hits and Jolee to heal her back up! When I get JKR, that's what I am going to do. Thank you, jawa7778 for realizing this too. I am glad I am not alone in this (terrible) Juhani-hating world!
    Fett-Keobi-80

Then do so. No one is going to stop you. Just do us all a favor and don't open up 2-3 complain threads when your team gets demolished by other teams like a propper JKR, Padme or GG.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Fett-Keobi-80

Then do so. No one is going to stop you. Just do us all a favor and don't open up 2-3 complain threads when your team gets demolished by other teams like a propper JKR, Padme or GG.

This ☝

Cause she's trash
  • Options
    Got it. I won't open up an complain threads. In fact, If I lose to a full JKR all non OR jedi exepting JKR team (ex. JKR, GMY, Hoda, General Kenobi, Barris Ofree, ect.) I will personaly made a apolagy thread, apologizing to you, Saada. But if I can win with my dream JKR team, I will make a boasting thread where I talk about how Juhani is good and you, Saada was wrong about the amazing, possibly meta team. Sound good? Resond to me if you will. I have two friends in my bubble. One is my cousin, one is my friend they both play SWGOH. My cousin has my dream team, so I will use it and you will weep over his great Juhani. Resond to me if you agree with this deal. (p.s in my apolagy thread, if I lose I will talk about how I lost and how Juhani is really trash, and not to farm her or gear her at all, because she is good for nothing). (If I win, hoo, boy. You gonna see some bragging).
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Is it possible to block users on the forum?
  • Options
    Got it. I won't open up an complain threads. In fact, If I lose to a full JKR all non OR jedi exepting JKR team (ex. JKR, GMY, Hoda, General Kenobi, Barris Ofree, ect.) I will personaly made a apolagy thread, apologizing to you, Saada. But if I can win with my dream JKR team, I will make a boasting thread where I talk about how Juhani is good and you, Saada was wrong about the amazing, possibly meta team. Sound good? Resond to me if you will. I have two friends in my bubble. One is my cousin, one is my friend they both play SWGOH. My cousin has my dream team, so I will use it and you will weep over his great Juhani. Resond to me if you agree with this deal. (p.s in my apolagy thread, if I lose I will talk about how I lost and how Juhani is really trash, and not to farm her or gear her at all, because she is good for nothing). (If I win, hoo, boy. You gonna see some bragging).

But that isn't really the point... The question is not "is it possible for one JKR team to beat the other?" Fighting on offense gives you a huge advantage because the AI is dumb. The question is "Which of those JKR teams is more effective at beating all other teams, on offense and defense?"
    I understand your Juhani argument, she is a jedi and OR, but her kit is just too underwhelming for her to perform better than the alternatives. Hoda is a much better option, GK is a much better option, Old Ben is a much better option. When I use JKR on offense, Ezra is a much better option; on offense you don't even really need a tank most of the time. Juhani just doesn't add much utility to the team compared to other Jedi. Her taunt can be easily circumvented and then she just sits there for 3 slow turns. She has a mass dispel but it's only situationally useful since the team can handle debuffs pretty well without her. She doesn't do anything else except an occasional stagger and 1 turn stun, plus she hits like a noodle. I guarantee that if you used the JKR team w/ Juhani and then switched out Juhani for Hoda and fought against the same team (a stronger team than yours), you yourself would see why Juhani is not the most effective option. Against the vast majority of enemies, the only noticeable benefit Juhani will provide is the team stat boost from JKR's lead, that stat boost is not as good as putting a better Jedi in the slot.
  • Options
    I already plan to have Jolee in my team. The lineup would be JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, and Juhani.

I'll be the one to chime in & say that I actually DO use this exact line up.

I won't say Juhani is great, she isn't. But it works well enough for GAC/TW when I'm using my entire roster.

I specifically stopped adding abilities to her early at Lvl6/7 so that she wouldn't get that "Go Invis" ability that many complain about.

I've never used it in Arena, and rarely in raids, strictly when I need a full roster performance like TW/GAC.

Prior to her my tanks were Kanan in the early days followed by Old Ben, then General Kenobi, then back to Old Ben after I got padme up & running. And since Old Ben is a Rebel I'm often using him in some squad for that faction. Or I just didn't have a tank in my JKR squad.

So when Ezra/Kanan are with Phoenix.
    When GK, Anakin, Ahsoka, & QuiGon are with Padme
    When Old Ben is with Rebels.
    Etc etc.
    Then it comes down to a Jedi that isn't wallowing at G7 or lower unused. (IE Mace & every other GR Jedi)
    And in that case, THAT is when my G12 Juhani comes in & is my 5th on my JKR team in TW/GAC.

What it really came down to for me is who was in better shape on the Drevan event team to move on to the Malak fight.
    In my case my Juhani was like G10 v/s a G7 Canderous.
    So who would get to 17.5K faster? And that was easy, Juhani.

So if you want to use her, use her, just be aware that she isn't the most ideal choice, but the 5th in JKR is kind of a filler spot anyway. Its the other 4 doing most the work.
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »
    Is it possible to block users on the forum?

You can Ignore them which "hides" their posts. I have not seen the ability for complete block though.
    Click user name, select ignore from upper right. You need to be on the full site for this, I think.