Why don't people ever use Juhani in JKR squads?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Got it. I won't open up an complain threads. In fact, If I lose to a full JKR all non OR jedi exepting JKR team (ex. JKR, GMY, Hoda, General Kenobi, Barris Ofree, ect.) I will personaly made a apolagy thread, apologizing to you, Saada. But if I can win with my dream JKR team, I will make a boasting thread where I talk about how Juhani is good and you, Saada was wrong about the amazing, possibly meta team. Sound good? Resond to me if you will. I have two friends in my bubble. One is my cousin, one is my friend they both play SWGOH. My cousin has my dream team, so I will use it and you will weep over his great Juhani. Resond to me if you agree with this deal. (p.s in my apolagy thread, if I lose I will talk about how I lost and how Juhani is really trash, and not to farm her or gear her at all, because she is good for nothing). (If I win, hoo, boy. You gonna see some bragging).

But that isn't really the point... The question is not "is it possible for one JKR team to beat the other?" Fighting on offense gives you a huge advantage because the AI is dumb. The question is "Which of those JKR teams is more effective at beating all other teams, on offense and defense?"
    I understand your Juhani argument, she is a jedi and OR, but her kit is just too underwhelming for her to perform better than the alternatives. Hoda is a much better option, GK is a much better option, Old Ben is a much better option. When I use JKR on offense, Ezra is a much better option; on offense you don't even really need a tank most of the time. Juhani just doesn't add much utility to the team compared to other Jedi. Her taunt can be easily circumvented and then she just sits there for 3 slow turns. She has a mass dispel but it's only situationally useful since the team can handle debuffs pretty well without her. She doesn't do anything else except an occasional stagger and 1 turn stun, plus she hits like a noodle. I guarantee that if you used the JKR team w/ Juhani and then switched out Juhani for Hoda and fought against the same team (a stronger team than yours), you yourself would see why Juhani is not the most effective option. Against the vast majority of enemies, the only noticeable benefit Juhani will provide is the team stat boost from JKR's lead, that stat boost is not as good as putting a better Jedi in the slot.

This☝
    @Fett_Kenobi80

Win or lose doesn't change that there are better options then juhani and you want to keep arguing. She can fit that role cause as Schwartz said the other 4 do most of the work but that doesn't change the fact the juhani us an underwhelming character and shouldn't be used in that squad unless you have no other options.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    You have Juhani? I must have missed her. I'm trying a dark side playthrough and kill all the NPCs when I get the chance, didn't even know she was a possible party member.

ecu4afg4fxt7.jpg
  • Options
    You have Juhani? I must have missed her. I'm trying a dark side playthrough and kill all the NPCs when I get the chance, didn't even know she was a possible party member.

ecu4afg4fxt7.jpg

We are talking about SWGOH, not KOTOR or KOTOR 2
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Woosh
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Saada wrote: »
    Got it. I won't open up an complain threads. In fact, If I lose to a full JKR all non OR jedi exepting JKR team (ex. JKR, GMY, Hoda, General Kenobi, Barris Ofree, ect.) I will personaly made a apolagy thread, apologizing to you, Saada. But if I can win with my dream JKR team, I will make a boasting thread where I talk about how Juhani is good and you, Saada was wrong about the amazing, possibly meta team. Sound good? Resond to me if you will. I have two friends in my bubble. One is my cousin, one is my friend they both play SWGOH. My cousin has my dream team, so I will use it and you will weep over his great Juhani. Resond to me if you agree with this deal. (p.s in my apolagy thread, if I lose I will talk about how I lost and how Juhani is really trash, and not to farm her or gear her at all, because she is good for nothing). (If I win, hoo, boy. You gonna see some bragging).

But that isn't really the point... The question is not "is it possible for one JKR team to beat the other?" Fighting on offense gives you a huge advantage because the AI is dumb. The question is "Which of those JKR teams is more effective at beating all other teams, on offense and defense?"
    I understand your Juhani argument, she is a jedi and OR, but her kit is just too underwhelming for her to perform better than the alternatives. Hoda is a much better option, GK is a much better option, Old Ben is a much better option. When I use JKR on offense, Ezra is a much better option; on offense you don't even really need a tank most of the time. Juhani just doesn't add much utility to the team compared to other Jedi. Her taunt can be easily circumvented and then she just sits there for 3 slow turns. She has a mass dispel but it's only situationally useful since the team can handle debuffs pretty well without her. She doesn't do anything else except an occasional stagger and 1 turn stun, plus she hits like a noodle. I guarantee that if you used the JKR team w/ Juhani and then switched out Juhani for Hoda and fought against the same team (a stronger team than yours), you yourself would see why Juhani is not the most effective option. Against the vast majority of enemies, the only noticeable benefit Juhani will provide is the team stat boost from JKR's lead, that stat boost is not as good as putting a better Jedi in the slot.

This☝
    @Fett_Kenobi80

Win or lose doesn't change that there are better options then juhani and you want to keep arguing. She can fit that role cause as Schwartz said the other 4 do most of the work but that doesn't change the fact the juhani us an underwhelming character and shouldn't be used in that squad unless you have no other options.

Fine. Juhani is not good enough to fit that role unless all other jedi have been used. Does she not give buffs to all Jedi (pretty good if you ask me). Maybe it's because I'm new to the game, maybe I think that all OR AND Jedi charecters are amazing under JKR's lead. But it does not change the fact that we really are pointlessly arguing over a nothing fact. Juhani can be very useful - or very terrible. I did three fights with my dream team and won two. The one I lost was because they dispelled Juhani's taunt and went after Jolee, then Bastila, than the droid. I sat helpless there as Juhani could not taunt them off. She is an amazing charecter - under the right circumstances, that is. I will conclude with the fact that neither of us were right, or wrong. Juhani is a good charecter - just not good enough - she CAN be replaced by a different taunt and be the same, only with less bonuses and different , usually stronger moves. Sorry, Saada, but we both lost.
    Fett-Kenobi-80
  • Options

ecu4afg4fxt7.jpg

Also you can only unlock Juhani in KOTOR if you are light side, so you can unlock the second star map, then unlock and complete all personal dialogs avalible at that point ( dark side charecters can not do that), then become a dark side and unlock Juhani. Or, in dark side, you can only get Juhani after the Star Forge, which is during the post-game. You can't get her in a normal darkside playthrough before post-game. Sorry dude.
    Fett-Kenobi-80
  • Options

This☝
    @Fett_Kenobi80

Fine. Juhani is not good enough to fit that role unless all other jedi have been used. Does she not give buffs to all Jedi (pretty good if you ask me). Maybe it's because I'm new to the game, maybe I think that all OR AND Jedi charecters are amazing under JKR's lead. But it does not change the fact that we really are pointlessly arguing over a nothing fact. Juhani can be very useful - or very terrible. I did three fights with my dream team and won two. The one I lost was because they dispelled Juhani's taunt and went after Jolee, then Bastila, than the droid. I sat helpless there as Juhani could not taunt them off. She is an amazing charecter - under the right circumstances, that is. I will conclude with the fact that neither of us were right, or wrong. Juhani is a good charecter - just not good enough - she CAN be replaced by a different taunt and be the same, only with less bonuses and different , usually stronger moves. Sorry, Saada, but we both lost.
    Fett-Kenobi-80

This is the problem with Juhani right there. Her taunt is extremely easy to get around, and then she is mostly useless. Other Jedi tanks have taunts which are much more difficult to deal with (GK, Old Ben), Hoda adds significant defense and offense stats to your team as well as healing them up, Ezra or another high damage dealer lets you take down the opponent's attackers before they can kill your Jolee. I would argue that you lost that match because you used Juhani, since a different Jedi could very well have prevented the problem which you say caused the loss. In a JKR mirror match, you should win 100% of the time on offense unless they have much better gear and mods.
    It's totally cool for you to use your dream team instead of what other people are running, but you have to understand that there's a good reason why almost nobody uses her in the JKR team instead of other Jedi, it's not just because they don't like the character. If she was the best option, even if she was a good option (in terms of relative performance), more people would be using her.
  • Options
    She hits like a wet noodle and she is a "tank" that stealths and there is very little control over when that happens. Aside from some of the old GR Jedi she is one of the worst Jedi in the game. Aayla, Qui, Ezra... even Plo is vastly superior.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    The correct question is "why would anyone?"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

This☝
    @Fett_Kenobi80

Fett-Kenobi-80

This is the problem with Juhani right there. Her taunt is extremely easy to get around, and then she is mostly useless. Other Jedi tanks have taunts which are much more difficult to deal with (GK, Old Ben), Hoda adds significant defense and offense stats to your team as well as healing them up, Ezra or another high damage dealer lets you take down the opponent's attackers before they can kill your Jolee. I would argue that you lost that match because you used Juhani, since a different Jedi could very well have prevented the problem which you say caused the loss. In a JKR mirror match, you should win 100% of the time on offense unless they have much better gear and mods.
    It's totally cool for you to use your dream team instead of what other people are running, but you have to understand that there's a good reason why almost nobody uses her in the JKR team instead of other Jedi, it's not just because they don't like the character. If she was the best option, even if she was a good option (in terms of relative performance), more people would be using her.

Yes, I get that now. Thank you a lot @Kookermader. But even though I will still use Juhani (the other battles went so well, whe taunts - they can't dispell - they attack - and she can't die - Jolee and T3-M4 heals her, and takes off the debuffs). It's a lot of fun with Juhani, actually, when you get the right circumctances. The best part about her taut is that she counter-attacks really easily, and even though it's like a wet noodle, 20 hits on her = 20 wet noodle attack, which can rack up to quite a lot. Thanks again,
    Fett-Kenobi-80
  • Options
    All players with Juhani and JKR use Juhani in the squad.

Then they never do it again.
  • Options
    That's some powerful lovegoggles you're wearing. Don't worry, we've all been there. Just give it time.
  • Options
    I would argue that the biggest reason to not do it is because she doesnt need to be geared for the Darth Revan event, I did it with a gear 1 lvl 1 juhanni, took about 30 min to RNJesus through it and havnt regretted it, as the people above have pointed out, her taunt isn't reliable enough to make her a strong tank, and the utility she brings beyond that is okish but Jedi Revan teams already have a ton of what she is already bringing. She isn't that strong on the old republic team ether. Currently her kit is just a little to outdated and unreliable to make her a character I personally would ever want to gear up, that coupled with the fact you don't need to touch her to unlock Darth Revan helps a lot.