Forum slang and such talk

I know someone had kindly written up a glossary regarding the meaning of all the terms like nerf, buff, DOT AOE etc Now I do know what these terms are from reading about them but the newer people may not. Is there any way of pinning the glossary to the top of the discussion forum or is there a link that can be posted?
Ally code 797-111-992

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You can start one here. Maybe it'll be pinned.

AoE - Area of Effect: Damage to all characters
    DoT - Damage over Time
    HoT - Heal over Time
    Nerf - To reduce in power
    Buff - To increase in power
    RNG - Random Number Generator: anything that involves a random chance for effect
    PvP - Player vs Player: currently refers to Arena though no actual real time opponent controlls the oppsing units.
    AI - Artificial Intelligence: things controlled by the computer
    GW - Galactic Wars
    Meta - Current popular characters/teams
    F2P/FTP - Free To Play: To play without spending any money in the game.
    P2P/P2P - Pay To Play: To play by spending some amount of money in the game.
    Whale - Spenders of large amount of money (usually hundreds or thousands)
    Dolphin - Moderate spenders (usually less than $100)
    Guppy - One time small purchase ($10 or less)

What else am I missing?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    You can start one here. Maybe it'll be pinned.

AoE - Area of Effect: Damage to all characters
    DoT - Damage over Time
    HoT - Heal over Time
    Nerf - To reduce in power
    Buff - To increase in power
    RNG - Random Number Generator: anything that involves a random chance for effect
    PvP - Player vs Player: currently refers to Arena though no actual real time opponent controlls the oppsing units.
    AI - Artificial Intelligence: things controlled by the computer
    GW - Galactic Wars

What else am I missing?

Top man thank you
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Options
    Meta, FTP, PTP, Whale...
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't think this will ever get pinned unless a moderator, perhaps, reposts this him/herself.
    Post edited by thecuriousocelot on
  • Options
    Meta, FTP, PTP, Whale...
    Meta I believe is the optimal set up for maximum effect
    FTP and PTP are free to play and pay to play respectively
    A whale is a big spending player who buys his way through the game
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Meta, FTP, PTP, Whale...

Updated.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    OP - Over Powered or Original Poster
  • Options
    I know someone had kindly written up a glossary regarding the meaning of all the terms like nerf, buff, DOT AOE etc Now I do know what these terms are from reading about them but the newer people may not. Is there any way of pinning the glossary to the top of the discussion forum or is there a link that can be posted?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21078/glossary
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21078/glossary

lol or that.

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Meta - most effective team available
  • Pizzathehut
    37 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When playing GW there is:
    OMG, B$, FU Dooko, F that, WT$......etc, etc.
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Meta - most effective team available

It's usually most effective tactic available. Team works for this great though.
  • Options
    good job @yudoka and @minkywinkster

I know I could have done with this when I first saw the forum. Maybe tag a moderator - see if they will help pin it?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Pinning would be great. for thinks like terminology or game mechanics guides, or known bug list.

To bad they don't do that here so the same questions could be asked over and over again.
  • Options
    Or.. You could use the guides sub forum. There are so many things that could be "pins" that the first page ou led be nothing but. :|
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    CG?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry if I am hijacking but..
    I am not talking guides on how to achieve something which is mostly opinion based and can have 100's of different ways of doing it. I am talking FAQ's on mechanics of the game, how allies work. Conversion rate of Character drop that you already have. etc.

The forum does have a search function which is, horrible IMO, most will not use it.

So answers to common questions that are asked over and over again get lost and new threads just keep popping up, example the daylight savings time thing. Happened couple weeks ago in the use and the thread went to die, then DST hits on the other hemisphere and same questions over and over about when if the server time are going to change.

There should be a posted, updated and pinned known bug list and a FAQ.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Test

Says thread is closed... Weird
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    9r33d0 wrote: »
    CG?

Not sure. GG is General Grievous.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    People who develop the game maybe ?
  • Options
    What's up with the AI in ships battles? It is becoming alot like the arena battles. My team clearly out powers my opponents yet they kick my ****. I get one attack and they get 5 or more, how is this fair and level playing? Is someone cheating?