Simmable AAT confirmed and bronziums fixed

Prev1
mariogsh
786 posts Member
edited November 2020
CG is listening?
What is going on guys?

The problem with the bronziums will be fixed (with them not dropping double shards) and AAT will be simmable

Omg, HSTR rewards bump up next please?

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Now we need gold ball challenge gear back in tank raid reward pool
  • Options
    Fair well, Tank Raid. I will miss you. The guild as a whole will benefit from this change. At least I got to know the joy of using Piett Troopers to crush the tank with all those stacks of Emperor's Trap.

Overall, great job on listening to community feedback and acting on it, CG.
  • Options
    Good news about HAAT. Well done for listening and reacting on that one CG
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Can we get a confirmation on improvements to rewards?
    @CG_Doja_Fett
  • Options
    I wouldn't say bronzium is fixed. Characters aren't dropping double shards if I'm reading this right. Thats a large percent of our shards. Id wager over half. It's improved, but not fixed.
  • Options
    Now give good rewards for HAAT and all is good:)
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    In fact I'd say full drops are the majority of shard shop income and this barely changes anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    In fact I'd say full drops are the majority of shard shop income and this barely changes anything.
    I wouldn't say bronzium is fixed. Characters aren't dropping double shards if I'm reading this right. Thats a large percent of our shards. Id wager over half. It's improved, but not fixed.

I agree - not fully fixed. Unless the probability of character drops is increased? Character drops come very few and far between (particularly the larger ones), and when they do show up, we'll still be getting 50% of the shard shop currency.
    Ahch-To is recruiting! Say hi, and find yourself a new home with us: https://discord.gg/KTeUgyTeZD
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I agree - not fully fixed. Unless the probability of character drops is increased? Character drops come very few and far between (particularly the larger ones), and when they do show up, we'll still be getting 50% of the shard shop currency.

10s show up frequently and there's zero reason to think the probability of a full drop has increased to compensate.
  • Options
    still lip service on ea/cgs part. unless they address full character drops in bronziums the only thing i am going to remember about the 5year anniversary is that ea/cg nerfed a primary source for gear.
  • Options
    Retroactive for the 50 Heroic attempts I hope?
  • Options
    Just so I understand....

right now, if a toon drops from bronzium pull, such as the Royal Guard, I will get 10 shards for that toon. Those 10 shards will then get converted to 150 SSC.

After the update, if a toon drops from bronzium pull, such as the Royal Guard, I will get 10 shards for that toon.
    Will I get 150 SSC or 300 SSC for those 10 shards?

With everything in the store costing twice the price:
    If its 150, then it sounds like the issue with the bronzium pulls has not been fixed at all.
    If its 300, then everything sounds about right.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Just so I understand....

right now, if a toon drops from bronzium pull, such as the Royal Guard, I will get 10 shards for that toon. Those 10 shards will then get converted to 150 SSC.

After the update, if a toon drops from bronzium pull, such as the Royal Guard, I will get 10 shards for that toon.
    Will I get 150 SSC or 300 SSC for those 10 shards?

With everything in the store costing twice the price:
    If its 150, then it sounds like the issue with the bronzium pulls has not been fixed at all.
    If its 300, then everything sounds about right.

You will get 150 SSC, no change
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Then why post that it is going to be fixed if its not? I'm certain that I am missing something.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Then why post that it is going to be fixed if its not? I'm certain that I am missing something.

What they fixed was single shard drops. Where you normally would've gotten 1 Biggs shard, you now get 2, or the equivalent of 30 SSC to make up for double drops or double currency everywhere else. However if you would've normally gotten 25 Biggs shards, you'll still only get 25, effectively cutting that source in half.

So they did fix something. It was just the smaller thing that doesn't add up to much lost currency anyway. It's appreciated that they looked into it though, they just obviously didn't listen that much beyond surface level when they heard people were complaining about the Bronzium nerf.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

It is a partial fix (not even the biggest part)
    Shards that drop, currently as 1 shard, will give 2 shards, they where going to stay as 1 shard
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What they fixed was single shard drops. Where you normally would've gotten 1 Biggs shard, you now get 2, or the equivalent of 30 SSC to make up for double drops or double currency everywhere else. However if you would've normally gotten 25 Biggs shards, you'll still only get 25, effectively cutting that source in half.

"Original Rate characters have their conversion doubled (1 Shard > 30 SSC)."
    10 x 30 = 300, if my math is correct.

So if I pull 10 Royal Guard shards (an "Original Rate" toon), why would I get 150 instead of 300?
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

So if I pull 10 Royal Guard shards (an "Original Rate" toon), why would I get 150 instead of 300?

Because Original Rate does not mean old characters. Original Rate refers to farming rate. All legacy toons are Accelerated Rate. They have a list on the initial post announcing the update, but basically all 33 toons from Bronziums are not going to be worth double, so theoretically to balance out, they should drop twice as much.

So not trying to be mean, but no, your math isn't correct because 10 Royal Guard shards are not Original Rate shards. 10 x 15 = 150.
  • Options

The list at the bottom is your friend.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest

Royal Guard (I presume that was just an example) is not an original rate character, just like others in the bronziums. Which is why the whole issue came about in the first place. Before they announced the changes to the changes, if you got a Royal Guard, you get 10 shards which amounts to 150 (10x15). After today's post...you still apparently get 10 shards.
  • Options
    I think I understand what all the issues all. Thank you all for explaining it.
  • Options
    What is the consensus that players should be doing once the update happen and the toon bronzium issue isn't corrected? Spend it all before the update and hoard until its fixed?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Lol "fixed".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    What is the consensus that players should be doing once the update happen and the toon bronzium issue isn't corrected? Spend it all before the update and hoard until its fixed?

Yes.
  • Options

It wouldn't surprise me at all, in light of their past, if this isn't fully intended to be a stealth nerf to the **** currency of end game players. It's utter garbage, still, and saying it's fixed is another of their misleading statements..
  • Options
    If the 'full character drop' represents about half the shard income, i guess changing 'double drop' to 'triple drop' in the bronzium packs would even things out.
  • Options
    Well, it’s definitely a good start. Doubling the full unlock chance would round it out nicely.

Although I’m slightly peeved that this was addressed in a week when there’s a certain month old, 1.5k post thread waiting for answers...
  • Options
    They can easily fix the bronzium issue of character drops by increasing the star level. 1* gives 10 shards but if they make those characters 2* we would get 25. That’s a little over double i know. But 4* drops give 80 and 5* would give 145 so not exactly double. Same for 3*, we would get 80 instead of 50 which is less than double. But it’s better than not doing a change. Or they can double the character drop rates so we get them twice as often.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, so the nerf is definitely intentional and the "technical issue" is just that they don't want us to get as much gear. There's absolutely no way anyone can honestly believe that this fixes things.
    Thanks for the HAAT sim, though. Assuming the rewards aren't nerfed to the ground...