Put QGJ in my arena team to bring my power up to 27,200. Got ROCKED in the GW

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
I've read lots of conflicting posts about this. Some say the GW is based on the most powerful arena team you've ever used, and other say it's based on the power of your current arena team.

Can any one confirm if I use a weaker arena team if the GW will get easier again, or will it always be based of the 27,200 team I just used?

I got a level 68 team on the second node, and every node after was 70. Luckily I was able to get 400 tokens and some RP shards but it can't continue like this. I'd like to get RP starred up but I also need arena tokens for Savage.

Replies

• Options
    No, it's your highest ever power team that you have won with on offence in arena.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Have you tested it out or is there an official statement? I've heard people say theirs got easier when they changed their arena team but I'm afraid to try it out if it doesn't work.

If I'm stuck like this I guess I guess I'll have to put everything on hold until I get more powerful B and C teams. Once Lumi and JC are killed the GW is pretty much over for me since I don't have any other decent healers.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I guess I'll have to work on Barriss. Currently I'm trying to get Ben up to 7* for the Yoda event.

I had no idea a 300 increase in power would make it this much harder. I'm hoping it was just a really bad day or I may have ruined the game for myself since it's the only way to make enough credits.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've beaten GW every day for the last 2 months, and have recently added QGJ to my lineup. Now I only need a couple of retreats a day becaseu half of their team is dead before they can move with all the speed. I run QGJ 7*, lumi 7*, Rey 6*, GS 7*, JC 5*. When my arena team went from around 25000 to 27500 in a couple of days because of a few characters going up in stars, I noticed very little difference in GW. That was probably because my arena squad is the same as my GW other than I use dooku instead of JC for arena.
  • Options
    I created an account here specifically to ask about this (gw scaling) then I found that thread that basically already answers it :)

So the key to beat it constently is to have a deep roster rathen than a roster of high levelled top 5 with not much else? (well, that and retreating, I guess)
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I created an account here specifically to ask about this (gw scaling) then I found that thread that basically already answers it :)

So the key to beat it constently is to have a deep roster rathen than a roster of high levelled top 5 with not much else? (well, that and retreating, I guess)

Apparently that's where I made my mistake. I made it to the 7th node today and JC and Lumi were 2 and 3 turns each away from being able to heal and the rest of my main squad was low on health. Since I didn't have another team powerful enough to deal with a geared up level 7 team there wasn't a lot I could do. I tried my next most powerful team and they were just picked off.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The good news is that with the level cap increase, 27,200 will no longer be a very high number. If you level up some GW guys and leave your arena team at a lower value, eventually you will become more powerful than your GW enemies.
    In theory.
    At any rate, this phenomenon is exactly why when people talk about easily clearing all 12 nodes on auto-play or whatever, and other people talk about having to use suicide squads from node 7 on, the difference is not that the first player is awesome and the second sucks.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The good news is that with the level cap increase, 27,200 will no longer be a very high number. If you level up some GW guys and leave your arena team at a lower value, eventually you will become more powerful than your GW enemies.
    In theory.
    At any rate, this phenomenon is exactly why when people talk about easily clearing all 12 nodes on auto-play or whatever, and other people talk about having to use suicide squads from node 7 on, the difference is not that the first player is awesome and the second sucks.

As long as I can stay below 200 in the arena I'll be happy doing that for a while. I guess I'll keep working on Ahsoka, Ben, RG, Savage, and a couple others. Even at 4* RG did help me beat the 7th node with his auto taunt. 8th node I just gave up. I couldn't touch anyone with my next best toons.
  • Options
    You all are forgetting what the GW is about. It is not a daily task or a LS battle, GW is ment for you to use your entire roster, depth to s the key to completion. It was not ment to be completed with one squad, even though it came be, it was ment for you to focus on your entire line up. That's why players say that(when your starting out) you should either focus on your arena team or GW team. Focus on just 5 characters to get higher in the arena or all your characters for the GW. It has nothing to do with your arena teams power rather the power of your servers average arena team power.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @LeoRavus
    I am around 23,000 power and I am currently rank #88. It's very possible. My GW's are pretty easy too since I purposely dont add any more power to my team. When I get Bariss and QGJ to a reasonable * level, I will dump more into PVP.

Right now QGJ is 4* and Bariss is 4*, but they are just too squishy at the moment to use.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Yes. With a deep and well rounded roster you have enough powerful-ish heroes to form suicide squads, and a few secondary teams that can go in, take out one or two enemies and clear the way for your A team - or at least buy time for healing, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    You are all way over thinking this with suicide squads, team a, team b. It's pretty commonly knowledge that GW battles are predetermined. If you don't win or lose a toon, reroll that battle with one different toon and continue until the RNG works in your favor. Until I had a deep enough roster, I was still clearing GW with 9 or so viable characters, but it took 2 or 3 hours and countless retreats or app restarts in the olden days(2 months ago?). With the roster I have now, when a hero dies, I just roll my eyes and substitute. RNG is far more important in GW that any team makeup or synergy.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Devour wrote: »
    You are all way over thinking this with suicide squads, team a, team b. It's pretty commonly knowledge that GW battles are predetermined. If you don't win or lose a toon, reroll that battle with one different toon and continue until the RNG works in your favor. Until I had a deep enough roster, I was still clearing GW with 9 or so viable characters, but it took 2 or 3 hours and countless retreats or app restarts in the olden days(2 months ago?). With the roster I have now, when a hero dies, I just roll my eyes and substitute. RNG is far more important in GW that any team makeup or synergy.

Only if you don't mind spending 2 or 3 hours doing it. If you have a good synergy, suicide squads, etc. you can always rip through it in an hour. And it's more fun that way.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @LeoRavus
    I am around 23,000 power and I am currently rank #88. It's very possible. My GW's are pretty easy too since I purposely dont add any more power to my team. When I get Bariss and QGJ to a reasonable * level, I will dump more into PVP.

Right now QGJ is 4* and Bariss is 4*, but they are just too squishy at the moment to use.

After I get Ahsoka to 6* I'll work on Daka in cantina shipments, and Barriss after Ben. I'm not crazy about OD but really need a dark side healer besides Talia.
  • Options
    I was able to auto GW most days when my arena team was in the 27000s.

When I put in a maxed Yoda, I crossed 28000.

I still complete every day but that was a HUGE jump in difficulty.
  • Options
    I just jumped from 26k to 27.5k arena power. Haven't done GW today with the new power level but now I'm nervous...
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    droctane wrote: »
    I just jumped from 26k to 27.5k arena power. Haven't done GW today with the new power level but now I'm nervous...

Let us know your results. I'm curious if I just had an awful day or what. Before when I'd hit a level 70 team around the third node it would fall back down on the fourth. This time it stayed 70 all the way through.
  • Options
    Yuup, this happened to me (jumped from under 24k to above 24k.) I got two toons to 7* and geared up another to 9gear - and all the sudden GW is 7* groups from a couple before the half all the way through to the end just about - with some variety at times of 68 level.
    Sucks because I don't even regularly use the person for Arena (bariss - always use in GW), just wanted to try another option.
    It wouldn't really be AS horrible if every team was not almost identical. Sid/Dooku on a team is like 80-90% of the match-ups. EA should really make/create teams to vary it up, checking out different synergies or playing around with YOUR squad to match some different combos would be more exciting than endless Sid/Dooky.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Devour wrote: »

Only if you don't mind spending 2 or 3 hours doing it. If you have a good synergy, suicide squads, etc. you can always rip through it in an hour. And it's more fun that way.

^Yes.
    What @Devour described works but it's a miserable way to play the game - it's what you do in GW when you don't have a choice. The 2-hour grind is what made my finger hover over the uninstall button a few times. Now that I've added some depth to my roster I'm enjoying the game again.
    Everyone is correct here.
    We will find out if the changes to GW matchmaking really worked very soon as the P2Winners race to 80.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~