Jedi Knight Luke returning...

Prev134
YetiYeti
434 posts Member
edited November 2020
Alright, you guys teased the JKL event in your anniversary promo video, and its been 3 months since the last event.

Im hoping we can expect him back this week. You've locked Master Luke behind this shiny new character that has only been out for six months.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Crazy to me that they wouldn't have brought him back during the anniversary.
    Still not on the calendar or showing in game.
  • Options
    Swgoh events predicts Wednesday. It’s been 82 days IIRC.... really sucks that they put a non journey guide legendary road block in the way of a GL.
  • Options
    I'm all ready to go and I also can't fathom the fact that he still isn't back.
    We just had 2 JML unlocks in my Guild, and I can't even do the same without JKLS which has only been available for what, 10 days?
    Come on already!
  • Options
    Every time somebody creates one of these threads, they reset the timer back to 3 days.
  • Options
    Every time somebody creates one of these threads, they reset the timer back to 3 days.

I'd believe that. Don't wanna make the community happy or anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »

There's your problem right there, you think this community can be "made happy"
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It helps to have the cadence on something pretty standard.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

It helps to have the cadence on something pretty standard.

It is pretty standard. About every 90 days or so. It should be soon.
  • Options

Yeah, it's probably been far too many years of intentionally doing the exact opposite...
  • Options

Yeah, it's probably been far too many years of intentionally doing the exact opposite...
    More like trying to please those that cannot be pleased.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options

Come now let’s keep this thread positive for the return of JKL!!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Twi wrote: »

I just want to point out, he has a point. Even when events return, someone isn't happy about it.....
  • Options

I just want to point out, he has a point. Even when events return, someone isn't happy about it.....
    Yep.

- Events return too early or too late*
    - 4 days of double drops is not as good as guaranteed drops, or 5 days of double drops
    - There is both too much and not enough to do
    - Matchmaking was unfair both before and after the change

* The best ever example of this was that forum legend @PeterBahama / @BaldingHead90 , who proclaimed that the return of one event (Malak, I think) should perfectly coincide with when he finished the requirements for it.
    Any earlier, and CG were evil stooges. More than a few days later, and hundreds of players who met the requirements slightly later than him would undeservedly activate Malak.

When the forums contain vocal contributors with that sort of logic, they are impossible to please!
  • Options

Yep.

- Events return too early or too late*
    - 4 days of double drops is not as good as guaranteed drops, or 5 days of double drops
    - There is both too much and not enough to do
    - Matchmaking was unfair both before and after the change

* The best ever example of this was that forum legend @PeterBahama / @BaldingHead90 , who proclaimed that the return of one event (Malak, I think) should perfectly coincide with when he finished the requirements for it.
    Any earlier, and CG were evil stooges. More than a few days later, and hundreds of players who met the requirements slightly later than him would undeservedly activate Malak.

When the forums contain vocal contributors with that sort of logic, they are impossible to please!

I'm not ready for jkl though. It should be delayed by another 3 months. Lol.
  • Options
    You need to claim that you represent “the average FTP” whilst doing that 😉
  • Options

I am ftp by any definition of the word. So I could add that. I find it hilarious when people say they used to spend and are now ftp. Basically "I bought top arena rewards but I know what it's like to grind my way up"
  • Options

I am ftp by any definition of the word. So I could add that. I find it hilarious when people say they used to spend and are now ftp. Basically "I bought top arena rewards but I know what it's like to grind my way up"
    I’ve found the thread.

No one thread could sum up the lunacy of that forum user, but this one comes close.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1927278#Comment_1927278
  • Options

I’ve found the thread.

No one thread could sum up the lunacy of that forum user, but this one comes close.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1927278#Comment_1927278

An oldie but a goodie. I remember that one. Even commented at the time.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Haha ok I yield to your argument!
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Just saw the post about Moff... I am guessing that JKL event will be the opposite week if Moff. So if the new marque drops this week, JKL maybe next. Or opposite.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    JKL most likely will be right after Christmas.

Last year it was GAS, the year before it was Chewie's return. Given that all other legendary/journey characters are already in the journey guide, as well as the precedent of an event character's return around Christmas, the date of JKL's return quite likely narrows down to that period of the year.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    You take that back!! 😆

That’s good insight. I’m hoping it falls in the event low period before the holidays per the December calendar. But I can see after Christmas occurring too.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

The most famous hoarder here always claimed he was f2p after previously proclaiming himself a spender. I won't name names but it rhymes with "Bedward."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Last year it was GAS, the year before it was Chewie's return. Given that all other legendary/journey characters are already in the journey guide, as well as the precedent of an event character's return around Christmas, the date of JKL's return quite likely narrows down to that period of the year.

That would be such a cruel move by CG. They get locked the character in a manner they said they would never ever do.

Then they used this new getlocked character to lock a galactic legend, 3 months after the release of their shiny new hard-getlocked character, without putting this information in the first "reqs drop" of it. So, I was already pot-committed on JML.

I'm ready for both Lukes now. Ive been ready on JKL for 70ish days, and I should be ready for the ticket farm immediately with JML. All just hinging on JKL's return where he had a cadence of 83 days from first return... and we're past that now.
    Post edited by YetiYeti on
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options

That would be such a cruel move by CG. They get locked the character in a manner they said they would never ever do.

Then they used this new getlocked character to lock a galactic legend, 3 months after the release of their shiny new hard-getlocked character, without putting this information in the first "reqs drop" of it. So, I was already pot-committed on JML.

I'm ready for both Lukes now. Ive been ready on JKL for 70ish days, and I should be ready for the ticket farm immediately with JML. All just hinging on JKL's return where he had a cadence of 83 days from first return... and we're past that now.

I hear ya man... been ready for JKL since 2 weeks following his second appearance, all due to farming wampa which I had never intended to get. (But kind of glad to have him cause he is a cool character to play!!)

But I am fully ready to for when JKL drops to R7 him and get the train rolling on JML... have his gear ready for R7 too! XD
  • Options

I hear ya man... been ready for JKL since 2 weeks following his second appearance, all due to farming wampa which I had never intended to get. (But kind of glad to have him cause he is a cool character to play!!)

But I am fully ready to for when JKL drops to R7 him and get the train rolling on JML... have his gear ready for R7 too! XD

We're in the exact same situation, then.
  • Options
    So imagine how I am with him ready a week after he left for the second time, since just reading it caught me in grade 3.
    Obviously I already left Lando, C3 and Chewi in the relic for master Luke, so I am not in the mood to hunt a lot of RNG in this event.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like it won’t be this week...

Fingers crossed for next week? (At least cyberpunk comes out next Thursday to dull the disappointment that will occurs when JKL again isn’t released xD)
  • MigLightyear
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I find it bizarre that the way people reply or post in forums affects the cadence of events.