Why can we still not leave Grand Arena and rejoin again?!

Bl4ckDe4th
169 posts Member
edited December 2020
Just wanted to go to the current event and hit that GA button instead and hit join instead of the enter button for the event. I'm missing mods on my Sith Empire, which has my best mods equipped andI watned to gear up Gideon before joining. Now it's all messed uzp, because there's still no leave option implemented! Just how?!?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Q: Will you add a confirmation button for the gac registration or the chance to cancel and register again like it is with the TW registration?

A: CG_Miller - We've looked into this in the past, and the task is bigger than most players realize. Once you register for the GAC we start the process of building the matchups immediately, and you can imagine the havoc one would wreck if players could drop in and out and in and out of the GAC while the game is trying to do some matchup heavy lifting. That said, it's oft-requested, so we'd like to find time to give the players some agency over this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/225031/developer-q-a-02-27-2020/p1
  • Options
    A simple confirmation button would do the job, if a join-and-leave option would really cause so much problems. A simple "Do you really want to do this" confirmation, as it actually should be as well before every ingame purchase, no matter if the real money or the crystal purchases.
  • Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Thanks for the quote @chionophile. I haven't seen that before

Happy to help. I believe that's the most recent (and most comprehensive) answer we've had to that question. I don't necessarily think it makes a lot of sense, though. And adding a confirm button should be relatively easy, and wouldn't interfere with the process established in that Q&A answer.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Or, once you do it one time, you could just remember how it works.
  • Options
    A good hero of the galaxy should never have to move mods around :)
    That must be true while you are still working on your g8 Phoenix.
  • Options
    That must be true while you are still working on your g8 Phoenix.

Most of my Phoenix is still at g8.
    Is that a bad thing?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Is this really that hard to do?
    6jif49kd929s.png

• StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Find an intern, tell him to implement that, done

They can't. They gave up on doing QoL updates a couple years ago. Anything that makes the interface better and easier to use cannot be done.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    because it's like that, and that's the way it is.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Very funny. Sounds like you don't contribute much to your guild's TBs

Absolute right @chionophile. Sure, they'd need to consider people dropping out in their code and it's a much larger number of matchups than for TW, but people leaving and rejoining shouldn't cause more than an additional 10% load, which I think is already a high estimate

Tb was a week ago. If you didn't have your mods fixed from that then that's on you.

And I don't move mods for tb and contribute just fine.
  • Options
    On a more serious note. It'd be nice to have but not a priority.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    They can't. They gave up on doing QoL updates a couple years ago. Anything that makes the interface better and easier to use cannot be done.

Not 100% true. The last major QOL update was in 2019, so it wasn't "a couple years", but I can see why 1.5+ years since the last does make it feel that way.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197857/version-update-3-13-quality-of-life

With all the updates they are planning to release later this month, it *ALMOST* sounds like the 2020 QOL update. Almost.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    A good lazy hero of the galaxy should never have to move mods around :)

...and I'm fine with that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    A: CG_Miller - We've looked into this in the past, and the task is bigger than most players realize. Once you register for the GAC we start the process of building the matchups immediately, and you can imagine the havoc one would wreck if players could drop in and out and in and out of the GAC while the game is trying to do some matchup heavy lifting.
    While "the process of building matchups" may start at join it does not end there.

I have tested this myself:
    * joined at the start of a 24hr signup window
    * claimed a feat about 30 mins from the end of the window which promoted me to the next league
    * ended up in a bracket full of players from the higher league

Ergo I was assigned to my matchmaking bracket only after promoting myself, about 23 hrs after clicking join.
  • Options
    Just went in to check the rankings after the last GAC... The button said "Join" instead of "Enter"... my mods are all over the place for TB... this is long over due
  • Options
    Just went in to check the rankings after the last GAC... The button said "Join" instead of "Enter"... my mods are all over the place for TB... this is long over due

Why’d you click it if it said join and you weren’t ready?
  • Options
    I honestly can't believe this is still happening. Both, that people still join GAC when they're not ready, and that people still make these kinds of threads. I know that not having a "leave" button or a confirmation button is not ideal, and devs can (and should) act upon it, especially since a confirmation button is something easily implemented and wouldn't mess with the matchmaking process.

But honestly, how hard is it NOT to press a button? GAC is now what, 1 year, 1.5 years old? If you keep making the same mistake after over 1 year(!), then you are, in all honesty, the only one to blame. Like seriously, it's not a new thing anymore. Things like muscle memory or slip-ups aren't even an excuse anymore. If you're still struggling with that then it should be muscle memory by now to stay the heck away from the GAC button/screen until you are 100% ready. I simply can't have sympathy for people who keep doing it at this point. During the first 5-10 GACs it was kinda understandable (maaaaybe 15 if you really want to stretch it), but people who still don't get it only have themselves to blame.
  • Options
    🤦‍♂️
    Do you even understand, what muscle memory is?! Your brain is not involved in, that‘s why it‘s called MUSCLE memory and not BRAIN memory
    When I touch the stove and burn my finger, I tend to stop doing it after the first time... 😉
  • Options
    This is absolutely still needed. Good suggestions above re: 1) quick and easy fix = "Confirm" Button, and 2) a true join and re-join, doesn't see like it would really affect the matchmaking workload much, and/or 3) why not do all the matchmaking once everyone has joined?

I am often whipping in and out of different modes in the game and this is very easy to do. And, this one quick click can ruin 4 weeks of a GAC season (by wrecking one whole cycle and thus severely hindering your chances to hit a top score/Kyber). Pretty unacceptable, CG - please just add the confirm button ASAP.
  • yasonfyehald
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    You know what? This was a blessing in disguise - gives me a great excuse to skip this round of GAC and not spend any time on this over the holidays this week/early next week!! Perhaps I'll just set a full D with toons I still have good mods on!! Thx, CG :-)
  • Options
    Q: Will you add a confirmation button for the gac registration or the chance to cancel and register again like it is with the TW registration?

A: CG_Miller - We've looked into this in the past, and the task is bigger than most players realize. Once you register for the GAC we start the process of building the matchups immediately, and you can imagine the havoc one would wreck if players could drop in and out and in and out of the GAC while the game is trying to do some matchup heavy lifting. That said, it's oft-requested, so we'd like to find time to give the players some agency over this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/225031/developer-q-a-02-27-2020/p1

Then get rid of the phrase "player lock" until you figure it out so people stop thinking that is when "player lock" occurs? It just all seems so easy.

• Options
    GIJippo wrote: »

Then get rid of the phrase "player lock" until you figure it out so people stop thinking that is when "player lock" occurs? It just all seems so easy.

One thing I still wonder to this day is why CG_Miller never addressed the part about a confirmation button. It was either forgotten or glossed over.

Add the confirmation button (and ship squads feature) to the the never ending list of QOL requests...
  • Options
    Man, forums are getting harder to read the older I get.

This issue is old, and it's definitely solvable, if that's even a word. It's just a BIG ask to have it done. They can do it, they just don't have the resources. That's what's been communicated. It can be done though, at least that's the thinking they SHOULD have because nothing's impossible, it just requires resources.

We may get it, we may not. Even the most experienced players still miss joining from time to time so lay off the complianers because it's a totally valid complaint.

Matchmaking is hard, sure, we've gotten to a place where matchmaking is the best it's been so far so why not tackle the other 800lb gorilla and get this change done. It would be a brilliant stroke of enginuity to accomplish it, until then expect complaints. Expect them.