The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Schwubb wrote: »
    We had some trouble today in p3. Till we managed to fix it and get everything going ppl sit there for about 20 mins with their phones locked in this raid and w8ing. Some ppl can't check discord because the game could die so they just sit there and checked ingame messeges every few mins. Wasnt a fun time for anyone I think...

We almost didn't make ours yesterday because we had several people post in p4 when they were told not to.

<sarcasm>Best game mode ever!</sarcasm>

To be fair, people that can't follow directions don't belong in high-end guilds anyway.
    To be fair, a mobile game with a semi-casual, global player base shouldn't require this level of coordination from its players.

Also to be fair, an event which requires mass participation should not "reward" the lowest scorers with 1/11th the key loot of the highest scorers.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    We had some trouble today in p3. Till we managed to fix it and get everything going ppl sit there for about 20 mins with their phones locked in this raid and w8ing. Some ppl can't check discord because the game could die so they just sit there and checked ingame messeges every few mins. Wasnt a fun time for anyone I think...

We almost didn't make ours yesterday because we had several people post in p4 when they were told not to.

To be fair, people that can't follow directions don't belong in high-end guilds anyway.
    To be fair, a mobile game with a semi-casual, global player base shouldn't require this level of coordination from its players.

Also to be fair, an event which requires mass participation should not "reward" the lowest scorers with 1/11th the key loot of the highest scorers.

None of which relates to my point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

To be fair, some people make honest mistakes. We aren't going to boot anyone over 1 honest mistake (probably not 2 either). Which means we have potentially 50-100 raid-ending mistakes.

Those people making that 1 honest mistake are probably also TM loading your TW battles.

Also no one should be making these mistakes after the first few runs, at most. Holding damage and using airplane mode is not that difficult.

Now now, I've seen how upset you get when others make accusations unrelated to the task at hand. Where are your scurples?

To address the accusation, no. Because TW has had the same rules for years and the battles are tired and predictable, we do not have an issue with preloaded TW losses.

Scruples lol.

You shouldn't need years and years to learn how follow instructions. My point stands.

An entire raid run shouldn’t be completely ruined by one honest mistake. That denotes a terribly flawed structure of the raid itself.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

To be fair, some people make honest mistakes. We aren't going to boot anyone over 1 honest mistake (probably not 2 either). Which means we have potentially 50-100 raid-ending mistakes.

Those people making that 1 honest mistake are probably also TM loading your TW battles.

Also no one should be making these mistakes after the first few runs, at most. Holding damage and using airplane mode is not that difficult.

Now now, I've seen how upset you get when others make accusations unrelated to the task at hand. Where are your scurples?

To address the accusation, no. Because TW has had the same rules for years and the battles are tired and predictable, we do not have an issue with preloaded TW losses.

Scruples lol.

You shouldn't need years and years to learn how follow instructions. My point stands.

An entire raid run shouldn’t be completely ruined by one honest mistake. That denotes a terribly flawed structure of the raid itself.

Also not my point.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    @Sewpot I am genuinely curious. I can't remember if you said this before. If so, it's been lost from my memory and 40+ pages of other posts.

What is your position on the mechanic? Do you like it? Are you neutral (i.e. don't care either way)?

Also, regardless of your personal preference, do you understand why others would not like it and are justified to feeling so?

For my part, I hate it (obviously). But I totally get why a group of super hardcore players with complementary schedules would enjoy the added element of coordination. And if CG comes out and gives a straight answer as to whether the impact of this mechanic is what they had in mind, I'll accept it (even if it doesn't go my way) and decide from there whether this game is still worth playing for me.

It truly baffles me that someone either doesn't understand or doesn't care why most people don't like the mechanic and want some actual feedback on the matter form CG is baffling to me.

I absolutely agree the mechanics are bonkers for what we are required to do and for what we get as rewards. My international guild has figured the raid out and how to coordinate it with people from around the world to only worry for p4 that only takes 12 min of participation. Total raid completed in 43 min. I get every and all frustrating comments and complaining. We are a single, top level guild of players (for the most part) that enjoys TW and such. We agree the raid is a mess but instead learnt how to do it well and have created bots to help us add %. Take screen shots and vid to help make it even easier for others. And soon enough of us will have r8 characters that will require less and less of us to contribute to beat it. People complaining falls on deaf ears with these devs and they only seem to change things when it benefits us. Only excitement I get is GAC and I actually hate GAC lol. And this raid. Trying to do a great damage run in 10-15 min intervals is fun and challenging. I have an over 8 mil account so hence my fun. People that are just barely able to scrape one team together I can see being upset. People not able to coordinate the guild together because of -take your pick of reasons, I also understand the frustration. This isn’t by a long shot a “casual raid” like we have had in the past. People want to play every and all aspects and when they can’t then out come the complainants. We faced this from haat, STR, and now more so pit challenge. The game is always trying to find a new way to encourage spending. Free to play, casual players, sandbaggers, hoarders are the ones who suffer and in turn the guild suffers. This raid does not need everyone to play for hours or all from the same country. It does have a stupid airplane mod that is required that opens the door for mistakes. I actually don’t even think the devs thought about airplane mode when they developed it and more so thought that people would have to ingame chat and hold % and calculate on paper or something stupid like that. This does really boggle my mind but it is what it is.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Scruples lol.

Also not my point.

But splitting hairs on what was your point and what wasn't is largely irrelevant because the raid is all of those concerns/points combined. Unless, of course, you are simply being like CG and ignoring the 90% that is valid and focusing, instead, on the other 10% simply to be pedantic. :shrug:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Scruples lol.

Also not my point.

Then what is your point? You’re saying that players shouldn’t be making mistakes in TW, TB or the raids. However it’s a game and mistakes happen. Nobody in this entire game has not messed up a battle or run before.

Point being, mistakes happen, and as it’s been alluded to, exhaustingly at this point, that a single mistake should not make the raid exponentially more difficult for the next person, arguably unbeatable for some.

Bottom line, the raid mechanics are trash for the challenge rancor and the tone deafness of @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat @CG_Doja_Fett speaks volumes.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Scruples lol.

Also not my point.

Then what is your point? You’re saying that players shouldn’t be making mistakes in TW, TB or the raids. However it’s a game and mistakes happen. Nobody in this entire game has not messed up a battle or run before.

Go read some more.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Scruples lol.

Also not my point.

But splitting hairs on what was your point and what wasn't is largely irrelevant because the raid is all of those concerns/points combined. Unless, of course, you are simply being like CG and ignoring the 90% that is valid and focusing, instead, on the other 10% simply to be pedantic. :shrug:

Someone said something. I responded to it. Now people keep quoting me and saying things that are unrelated to the thing I said. If they want to talk about something other than what I said, they can stop quoting me at any time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Scruples lol.

Also not my point.

Someone said something. I responded to it. Now people keep quoting me and saying things that are unrelated to the thing I said. If they want to talk about something other than what I said, they can stop quoting me at any time.

Agreed. Which is why I quoted you - so you'd know what I agree with. Glad we agree.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Scruples lol.

Also not my point.

Agreed. Which is why I quoted you - so you'd know what I agree with. Glad we agree.

fine.gif
  • Options

Scruples lol.

Also not my point.

Go read some more.

What’s to read? You’re saying people who make mistakes don’t belong in high end guilds. People make mistakes at times in this game, even the absolute best players.

You said that in response to someone mentioning the mistakes almost cost them completing the raid, which completely overlooks the 💩 mechanics of this raid.

So if you don’t want people quoting what you say or rebuking your statements...perhaps don’t post?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Read again.
    no one should be making these mistakes after the first few runs, at most. Holding damage and using airplane mode is not that difficult.

• TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    So if you don’t want people quoting what you say or rebuking your statements...perhaps don’t post?

Bolded the important part.
    If they want to talk about something other than what I said, they can stop quoting me at any time.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    no one should be making these mistakes after the first few runs, at most. Holding damage and using airplane mode is not that difficult.

Did you know, people can occasionally screw up things that they do without screwing up on a regular basis? It's actually pretty common.

For instance, when I worked in a restaurant, the same one I had worked as a cook for 3 or 4 years, I would still occasionally screw up someone's order? Now, I understand you think that once you've done something more than 3 times it's impossible to make a mistake doing that thing, but you are wrong.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Did you know, people can occasionally screw up things that they do without screwing up on a regular basis? It's actually pretty common.

For instance, when I worked in a restaurant, the same one I had worked as a cook for 3 or 4 years, I would still occasionally screw up someone's order? Now, I understand you think that once you've done something more than 3 times it's impossible to make a mistake doing that thing, but you are wrong.

I've never TM loaded a TW battle. Not once.

I'm pretty sure I'll never accidentally post in rancor once, and if I do, I'm certain I won't do it twice.

It's not difficult.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure I'll never accidentally post in rancor once, and if I do, I'm certain I won't do it twice.

Congratulations! That's so awesome that you are better than the rest of us! Well done!
    It's not difficult.

Neither is cooking a burger, but sometimes mistakes happen. There is literally a saying to that effect.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Congratulations! That's so awesome that you are better than the rest of us! Well done!

Thank you.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    I just lost 3,4% due to app restart on my phone. We actually are stuck at 2,6% or so. The restart of course happened because I had to switch airplane on and off and wait to post damage.

Oh, so your 'mistake' was nothing of your own doing, just the fact that you had to switch apps and CG has made a game that can't reliably do that? Interesting.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    I just lost 3,4% due to app restart on my phone. We actually are stuck at 2,6% or so. The restart of course happened because I had to switch airplane on and off and wait to post damage.

Oh, so your 'mistake' was nothing of your own doing, just the fact that you had to switch apps and CG has made a game that can't reliably do that? Interesting.

Being aware that this is an issue and having seen it firsthand myself, I recommend not switching apps mid-run.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Being aware that this is an issue and having seen it firsthand myself, I recommend not switching apps mid-run.

Well, how else are you supposed to get back to Discord to know when it's ok to post?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Well, how else are you supposed to get back to Discord to know when it's ok to post?

I use a second screen. I also take my run off airplane mode when I have a good run that i stopped short of dying on, so i can also see the in-game notice. By the way i'm able to stop short most of the time, so airplane mode is just a failsafe.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

I use a second screen. I also take my run off airplane mode when I have a good run that i stopped short of dying on, so i can also see the in-game notice. By the way i'm able to stop short most of the time, so airplane mode is just a failsafe.

So, basically, a mobile phone game designed to run on a single device now requires a second device of some kind to access communication to complete the current end-game content? And this is ok?
  • Options

So what do you suggest.

Two devices? That may work for some. But not everyone has two devices or the money to buy another one for this raid.

Staying in airplane mode the entire time? Pretty hard to tell your guild how much damage you have while in airplane mode.

• TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

So, basically, a mobile phone game designed to run on a single device now requires a second device of some kind to access communication to complete the current end-game content? And this is ok?

1) I pointed out how you can do it with one device if necessary, though it's not as safe. If I had to rely on this I would be more careful about ending my run, and I'm already pretty careful about it.
    2) Nowhere did I say this is ok, despite everyone acting like I did. The mechanic is dumb, I've never said otherwise.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

So what do you suggest.

Two devices? That may work for some. But not everyone has two devices or the money to buy another one for this raid.

Staying in airplane mode the entire time? Pretty hard to tell your guild how much damage you have while in airplane mode.

No, he suggests telling everyone else in the in-game chat what your % is. You know, the same in-game chat that everyone else in airplane mode can totally access.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

So what do you suggest.

No, he suggests telling everyone else in the in-game chat what your % is. You know, the same in-game chat that everyone else in airplane mode can totally access.

Still not what I said.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

1) I pointed out how you can do it with one device if necessary, though it's not as safe. If I had to rely on this I would be more careful about ending my run, and I'm already pretty careful about it.
    2) Nowhere did I say this is ok, despite everyone acting like I did. The mechanic is dumb, I've never said otherwise.

If you agree it's dumb, why do you keep arguing and pointing out ways that we're all just **** for not being able to do this without the game crashing or accidentally posting?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

If you agree it's dumb, why do you keep arguing and pointing out ways that we're all just **** for not being able to do this without the game crashing or accidentally posting?

You do realize that TVF can think the mechanic is poor design AND think he's the smartest poster on the forums at the same time, right? ;)