Did they forgot to add JKL event back?

2Next

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Twi wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Consider that if you didn't have these two finished long ago, you are a new player and your roster is not ready for JKL anyway.

Why the hostility? Why? And who are you to say how the game is supposed to be played?

Not to mention my roster is ready for JKL, is ready for JML (once JKL is released). I have gear for them both to R7 them.

(Also a month 1 player, with 4.3 million GP and SKLR already).

I don't get why you are attacking anyone on this forum for asking questions about release of an event that isn't following the release cadence stated by the developer...

All of us that are asking questions are showing support, are looking forward to content within the game, and are looking for clarification... Why attack that?

@CG_Doja_Fett is this really how such questions should be handled?

I'm not sure how you read hostility into that statement. It's true that people have flexibility in how they do their rosters, but most older players farmed Wampa right away when he was released, and one of the reasons being there were guesses he would be needed for JKL who was expected in 2018.

This goes with Kyno's point that if you didn't start farming Yoda and/or Wampa until JKL was announced, you weren't being diligent. It's of course your perogative to choose what to farm. But CG is under no obligation to change the event releases because some people didn't have a start on the requirements, whereas many people had them finished for a while.

I will go so far as to agree with you though, that they did not give the promised 1 week's notice before the event returning the second time. On the other hand, it did last for 12 days, which is longer than the normal week's cadence.
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    The difference that everyone seems to not notice .... is that JKL is REQUIRED to obtain a GL.... so the standard should be different for him.

This is probably exactly why they would wait LONGER to bring him back the third time. They threw us a bone by bringing him back on the early side of things because he was required for JML. But now they want JML owners to feel like their investment was validated. If you didn't get him the second time around, that's on you.

If we get him for Christmas that will be very generous. Based on other cadences and the aforementioned reason of keeping JML owners happy, it wouldn't be unexpected to get him back mid-January.

You're clearly out of your mind to say that.
    They teased us in the trailer. The cadence is beginning to feel off. And I can guarantee you that I would dump a lot of money to get this character and JML.

Instead we have to wait a dumb cooldown that makes no sense. No one is happier that other people aren't getting JKL for 90+ days. This is just absurd.

Also, I'm still looking for a CG answer because @CG_Doja_Fett seems like a pretty chill and decent guy, unlike you mods that want to dictate how people play CG's game.
    I'm asking a simple question. When he will return? They can say 30 days, I don't care.. I just want to know when.
  • Options
    Deflaimun wrote: »
    The difference that everyone seems to not notice .... is that JKL is REQUIRED to obtain a GL.... so the standard should be different for him.

This is probably exactly why they would wait LONGER to bring him back the third time. They threw us a bone by bringing him back on the early side of things because he was required for JML. But now they want JML owners to feel like their investment was validated. If you didn't get him the second time around, that's on you.

If we get him for Christmas that will be very generous. Based on other cadences and the aforementioned reason of keeping JML owners happy, it wouldn't be unexpected to get him back mid-January.

They teased us in the trailer. The cadence is beginning to feel off. And I can guarantee you that I would dump a lot of money to get this character and JML.

Instead we have to wait a dumb cooldown that makes no sense. No one is happier that other people aren't getting JKL for 90+ days. This is just absurd.

Also, I'm still looking for a CG answer because @CG_Doja_Fett seems like a pretty chill and decent guy, unlike you mods that want to dictate how people play CG's game.
    I'm asking a simple question. When he will return? They can say 30 days, I don't care.. I just want to know when.

It doesn't really matter how it feels to you. 3 to 4 months is 90 to 120 days. It's been just over 90. At 120, you have a gripe.

And there are plenty that think they should be the only ones to have a hard to get character.

For full disclosure, I don't have jkl and I'm currently not ready. I won't be ready in 30 days either. I chose to go for see since I knew I wouldn't be ready for jml in time. I now have see but I don't have the resources to get jkl that quickly.

Right now I'm hoarding to decide what to do next. I may do jkl and jml, I may do SLKR next, or I may just focus on some raid teams that are easier and pick up mando if he's good.
  • MikeFireman911
    354 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    # of days between JKL Event 1 (6/18) and Event 2 (9/9) = 83 days. Today we're just hitting 94 days (12/11) for event #3. Event could drop any day. B)
    Post edited by MikeFireman911 on
  • Options
    We usually see a lot of events in the holiday period. Great chance that he will return then, between Christmas and New Years time frame.

But any answer you hear is just a “best guess”. Those who know won’t tell. Anyone who answers doesn’t really know.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    We usually see a lot of events in the holiday period. Great chance that he will return then, between Christmas and New Years time frame.

But any answer you hear is just a “best guess”. Those who know won’t tell. Anyone who answers doesn’t really know.

That and end of their fiscal year...
  • Options
    sonofwos wrote: »
    Thank you Twi for standing up to this. I 100% support you
    The elitist attitude around this game disgusts me

I feel the same about whining. I was joking before, but now I'm semi-serious that they should delay it each time it gets asked, you guys are that annoying.

You do realise that you don't have to come to this thread?

As for this whole saga, I would love for him to be back asap so I can go jkl into jml but it's no huge issue and I can wait. They obviously have a plan of when he is going to return and nothing we say is going to change that but I get that the at least "knowing" would make things nice but that's not what they've done previously.

As for my prediction I think he will return just after galactic bounties 1 finishes so people can maybe get the last shards for wampa and then people can get jkl for xmas.
  • Options
    JKL is for life, not just for Christmas
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Also, I'm still looking for a CG answer because CG_Doja_Fett seems like a pretty chill and decent guy, unlike you mods that want to dictate how people play CG's game.

That's great that you want him to answer you, but he is not likely to, as this is not an issue that is not addressed by the posts that has been referenced several times here.

They will not state, even vaguely when it will return, because the release cadence is here to answer your question. It's great that you want to know, but that's not how this works, it works according to the way its stated in that post.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    “Attacks”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I just don’t understand how forum users can’t click “discussions” to see the most recent threads rather than just “general discussion” threads. It is literally one click away.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thank you Twi for standing up to this. I 100% support you
    The elitist attitude around this game disgusts me

I feel the same about whining. I was joking before, but now I'm semi-serious that they should delay it each time it gets asked, you guys are that annoying.

Thanks for proving my point!

Not all of us sit looking at the forums all day, and for most of us the landing page is the general discussion. We don’t see anything about it (because the mods move each thread) so we have no idea it is asked before.
    So we make a new thread and it begins again.
    People like you get annoyed because you are here all the time, and then make nasty, judgemental comments about something that people want an answer to

Why is it so wrong for people to be interested in when an event is back? The original poster asked a view point question and didn’t whine, but the attacks started

I started a thread the other day to get viewpoints on if it would be back before the start of LS Geo - not asking the developers, just the people that play the game - apparently though that is verboten

You all need to just take a minute and think why someone might be posting and don’t leap to the conclusion that they are whining/moaning/ demanding

We could all take a minute and use the search function, its very helpful on any forum. There is also something to be said for looking for a sub that is dedicated to a subject you wish to discuss, as that would be the most likely place to find the information you are looking for.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    So did we ever get confirmation they forgot to bring back jkl?

I can ping all the devs if that would help.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    When does Jedi Knight Luke come back? Hasn’t it been over 90 days?
  • Options
    Riciblake wrote: »

If you're going to post in the thread, read it first.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

@Riciblake what is the significance of being over 90 days?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

@Riciblake what is the significance of being over 90 days?

An arbitrary anger marker
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I took Riciblake's comment to be a joke.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I took Riciblake's comment to be a joke.

Based on what?
  • Options
    So did we ever figure out when JKL is coming back?
  • Options

Event ended yesterday. Did you miss it?
  • Options

Well, probably this week.. If it's not comming this week, then probably only next year.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Well, probably this week.. If it's not comming this week, then probably only next year.

1 in 3 chance of being right, nicely done