Drop Rates for IG11 and Kuiil

Replies

• Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »
    Don't answer this (which is why I remove pinging you)

lol

Thanks. I didn't see the typo until you quoted me. Also, either please leave my apartment or scratch Banjo's belly.
  • TVF
    36759 posts Member
    Options

lol

Thanks. I didn't see the typo until you quoted me. Also, either please leave my apartment or scratch Banjo's belly.

I wasn't laughing at a typo.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

lol

I wasn't laughing at a typo.

I'm pretty aware of why you post on the forums. I bet if you practice some abstract thinking skills, you could determine why I posted my exact statements above in the way that I chose to. You'd also realize that your "lol" is off topic but aligned with why you post on these forums in the first place.

But the apple doesn't fall from the tree if you're only able to think in concrete terms and unable to see other people's perspectives ;)

To be on topic about using official statements linked to inaccurate assumption, Doja's carefully worded post adds as much to this conversation as your "lol" and your yawning cat on another.

But you do you :shrug: And I know you will. You can't help yourself.
  • Options

But the apple doesn't fall from the tree if you're only able to think in concrete terms and unable to see other people's perspectives

I'm really curious how you thought this expression was applicable.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

But the apple doesn't fall from the tree if you're only able to think in concrete terms and unable to see other people's perspectives

We all know that TVF is Crumb's son, and also that Crumb is Ultra. Some of us also suspect that Ultra is TVF, but that's another story.
  • Options

We all know that TVF is Crumb's son, and also that Crumb is Ultra. Some of us also suspect that Ultra is TVF, but that's another story.

Truly you have a dizzying intellect.
  • Options
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

A stable genius if ever I saw one. ;)
  • Options

Rath_Tarr wrote: »

A stable genius if ever I saw one. ;)

Thank you! It feels good to get the recognition I so clearly deserve! Many people have said that my intellect is second only to Einstain himself.
  • chuckrambo
    85 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Thank you! It feels good to get the recognition I so clearly deserve! Many people have said that my intellect is second only to Einstain himself.

heh EinSTAIN

• Options
    chuckrambo wrote: »

heh EinSTAIN

Bet you never noticed that it's always been the EinSTAIN Bears in this darkest of time lines.
  • Options
    So after 10 pages, the conclusion is the drop rates are 1% per Energy per Character?

• Options
    Thee are 18 more days left
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Thee are 18 more days left

People want it at 7* in a day

and even if they do get that, I'm sure they'll still find a way to complain about it
  • Options
    Today's results:

IG-11: +6
    Kuiil: +0

Attempts 33, node: 16 energy

Shards per attempt = 0.182
    Rate per energy = 1.14%

(Running total: 37/97 + 6/33 = 43/130 = 33% per attempt = 2.07% per energy)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I just received 85 shards of each by 6 clicks.....on weekly shipments......100% drop rate.....
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    People want it at 7* in a day

I don't think that is what people are saying.

I think they are saying you have 0%-ish chance of pulling off 7* even if you farmed 6 refreshes a day the entire time.

So really, what is the point of blowing the crystals.

I thought the point was they were doing this so there would be interest in doing the event first time around & they didn't bother to release the characters in enough time.

From what I can see, the only way anyone is participating in the event is if they had 10's of thousands of crystals banked or they are dropping $100's into buying the character.

I'm all happy to get the free shards, but, this isn't even close to being doable by "farming" for this event, even if you had the gear saved up.

Now, if they had dropped the % chance down to 3% instead of 1%, then sure, maybe they would get some interest as it would be possible to get to 7* in time doing 3x a day for 3 weeks.

They would still have to gear them but at least the base **'s would have been possible at that point.

• Options
    I thought the point was they were doing this so there would be interest in doing the event first time around

The write up on the event in the State of the Galaxy post said it goes to the Journey Guide “immediately and forever,” and Kuiil and IG-11 go immediately to hard nodes after the additive drops end, so people getting it the “first time around” is a moot point.
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options
    he's right

there is no such thing as a "second time around"

Only difference is that you want it done before hard node farming them (since you are ok with taking 3 weeks to farm the toons), which basically boils your complaint down to wanting two toons at 7 stars for free while the "giveaway" is going on, and I use the term free because you are just farming what you normally would, instead of a specific node

And the gear argument doesn't hold well since you don't even have to gear both toons to g10

You can do it with a lot less to unlock BMA
  • Options
    I use the term free because you are just farming what you normally would, instead of a specific node

Yeah, but your use is erroneous nonetheless. I would happily farm the same nodes I normally would but spending 700 crystals/day if the drop rates were high enough that the average cost cost per shard on 200-crystal refills was in the low-50 crystals. Since I wouldn't normally spend more than 200 crystals per day (and often not that much), it would still be spending 500-600 crystals per day for 20 days or 10k crystals total. I've even got enough crystals stockpiled you might catch me spending 400 crystals for the next refresh if the drop rate was high enough to make shards cost 50-55 crystals each on the 400-crystal refresh. That would be 900-1000 crystals per day, a far cry from "free".

I simply don't need the number of signal data that would pour in if I were spending that much on Cantina energy refreshes. And I don't need anything else in the Cantina either.

People are willing to spend. they just aren't willing to spend more than 80 crystals per shard because at that point you can buy them from shipments. The math happens to work out that only the 100-crystal refresh is "worth it" when you're comparing to shipments.

They could have made the math work out differently. Or they could have made the shards scarce or non-existent in shipments so that the current cost (which is only a little above 80 crystals per shard on a 200 energy refill) would still seem attractive.

But they didn't. So people like me who would have been happy to spend 900 crystals / day over and above our normal 1-3 refreshes for continuous signal data farming are now spending no more than 200 crystals/day above that. For me that's well within my daily crystal budget, even including the farming I'm still doing on TIE Bomber & Cara.

I'd have been happy to spend down my hoard. Instead it grows because the incentives simply aren't worth it.
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options
    How is it erroneous. The two units are not tied to a specific node, nor are they replacing any drops from a node

That makes them free. Getting them to 7* with only 100 crystals a day isn't free, The shard drops are free, the farm to 7* isn't free but CG never promised that everyone would get a 7* toon during additive drops

I could spend zero crystals on energy refreshes and still get drops for both toons, making them free
  • Options
    How is it erroneous. The two units are not tied to a specific node, nor are they replacing any drops from a node
    That makes them free.

I'll assume that you meant to put a question mark after that first sentence.

It is erroneous because if you spend a resource that you would not otherwise have spent solely because you want those shards, then you spent on those shards and they can't be said to be "free" in the sense that we're talking. (Of course they're still "free" in terms of real-world, meatspace, cash money, but that wasn't the part under discussion.)

You're accusing people of wanting the 7* toon "free".

I'm pointing out that people are willing to spend on the characters things that they wouldn't be willing to spend on Cantina nodes otherwise.

If you must, you can simply rethink this: the reason people might be willing to spend 700 or 1100 crystals per day is the shards... so that's what the shards cost, but the signal data + miscellaneous is "free".

I point this out because your characterization of people being unwilling to spend to get these toons to 7* is just false. We are willing to spend. We've just done the math and realized that spending more than 300 crystals per day won't help.

Please don't characterize other people's motives -- or at least if you do, make sure you're quoting their own statements about their motives instead of your erroneous assumptions.
  • Options
    That makes them free.

I'll assume that you meant to put a question mark after that first sentence.

It is erroneous because if you spend a resource that you would not otherwise have spent solely because you want those shards, then you spent on those shards and they can't be said to be "free" in the sense that we're talking. (Of course they're still "free" in terms of real-world, meatspace, cash money, but that wasn't the part under discussion.)

You're accusing people of wanting the 7* toon "free".

I'm pointing out that people are willing to spend on the characters things that they wouldn't be willing to spend on Cantina nodes otherwise.

If you must, you can simply rethink this: the reason people might be willing to spend 700 or 1100 crystals per day is the shards... so that's what the shards cost, but the signal data + miscellaneous is "free".

I point this out because your characterization of people being unwilling to spend to get these toons to 7* is just false. We are willing to spend. We've just done the math and realized that spending more than 300 crystals per day won't help.

Please don't characterize other people's motives -- or at least if you do, make sure you're quoting their own statements about their motives instead of your erroneous assumptions.

Yup, it's all about cost/benefit. At the point it costs similar to shipments, it gets into spender/hoarder territory (who would get it that way even if not for the supposedly gifted shards). Then some people are willing to go for even 800 crystal refills with incredibly low cost/benefit and because the early benefit outweighs the cost for them (they could have better done that with crystal shard packs earlier, but they didn't know the droprates of supposedly gifted shards to be so low, so made an uninformed decision to wait for this)
  • Options
    I got 5x as many shards for Kuill as I got for IG11. That doesn’t really help

You should stick to the argument at hand. Complaining about RNG does not help.

As of today it’s 6x as many Kuill shards as IG11 shards. That still doesn’t help farming IG11.
  • Options
    I got 5x as many shards for Kuill as I got for IG11. That doesn’t really help

You should stick to the argument at hand. Complaining about RNG does not help.

As of today it’s 6x as many Kuill shards as IG11 shards. That still doesn’t help farming IG11.
    Don’t understand why this is a problem? You’re presumably not going to finish them during the additive drops, so when they go on hard nodes you can farm them individually until you finish them?
  • Options
    Been doing 2 refreshes daily, still not unlocked either one. Sitting at 23/25 on IG and 16/25 on Kuiil.
  • Options
    This is what happens for being lazy. Instead of linking to a third-party site, they should have written an announcement themselves.
  • Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Been doing 2 refreshes daily, still not unlocked either one. Sitting at 23/25 on IG and 16/25 on Kuiil.
    Did you not get the first 60 shards from Galactic Challenges?
  • Options

When was that and what were the requirements? I only came back to the game just over a week and a half ago.
  • Options

When was that and what were the requirements? I only came back to the game just over a week and a half ago.

You just missed it then. They were released in galactic challenges where you can them to 3* with 10 shards extra. This was pretty similar to marquee events where characters you get to unlock and 3* new releases. They just wanted it to be nested inside a gc's low tiers.