Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think it just seems like a shaft because people expected galactic chase drop rates for them individually, which I don't think was ever implied. I don't know where the "two refreshes" quote came from, but it sounds like either wishful thinking or poor intra-office communication.

This came from the Galactic War Report, which was linked by CG in their official announcement. Maybe no one at CG read/watched it, but it still seems misleading to have a an official CG post link to misinformation.

The author of the post there, said:
    The additive drops are said to work like Galactic Chase events where the drop rate will scale based off the energy spent on a cantina node.

To explain the energy scaling.

And
    This is assuming a 4% drop rate like Galactic Chases.

Which seems to clearly be an assumption made by the writer.

It is in no way misleading, just using common references to explain certain aspects of the "event".

Assuming this meant anything more than an assumption (as stated) is on the reader.

That is not to say CG couldn't have stated the drop rate, but you can't (I mean you can, but its baseless) blame then for assumptions made by the reader.

There's no author in the article stated. You just click from the announcement and get introduced to it as a direct statement which starts with telling you what will happen.

Correct, and what they are telling you is that they are not and this is not a direct statement from the dev team, just what they learned from a conversation with them.

Maybe a direct statement from the dev team about the change in drop rates BEFORE people have hoarded/spent thousands of crystals would have helped? Communication. Just a thought.

Too late for that now. Maybe an acknowledgement that they should have done that and will try to in the future.

We wouldn't believe them if they said that anyway... :D

Probably not. But there isn't much else to be done on this particular topic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    RTS wrote: »
    I think it just seems like a shaft because people expected galactic chase drop rates for them individually, which I don't think was ever implied. I don't know where the "two refreshes" quote came from, but it sounds like either wishful thinking or poor intra-office communication.

This came from the Galactic War Report, which was linked by CG in their official announcement. Maybe no one at CG read/watched it, but it still seems misleading to have a an official CG post link to misinformation.

The additive drops are said to work like Galactic Chase events where the drop rate will scale based off the energy spent on a cantina node.

And

It is in no way misleading, just using common references to explain certain aspects of the "event".

Assuming this meant anything more than an assumption (as stated) is on the reader.

That is not to say CG couldn't have stated the drop rate, but you can't (I mean you can, but its baseless) blame then for assumptions made by the reader.

There's no author in the article stated. You just click from the announcement and get introduced to it as a direct statement which starts with telling you what will happen.

Correct, and what they are telling you is that they are not and this is not a direct statement from the dev team, just what they learned from a conversation with them.

Maybe a direct statement from the dev team about the change in drop rates BEFORE people have hoarded/spent thousands of crystals would have helped? Communication. Just a thought.

I'm relatively new to posting (read longer) but have they EVER made an official statement on drop rates, other than to say they were not manipulated etc?

No. Ironically, the only "official" statements we've gotten about drop rates is that they DON'T change. Until now. So who knows. When people presumed drop rates were changed, they were reassured that they don't. Now we are being told not to presume drop rates will be consistent with previous events of the same type.

So apparently, moving forward we should presume nothing and ask the question that the guys on SWGOH EVENTS asked Doja in the podcast - going into every event, game mode, etc. we should simply think "What's the catch?"

I love playing a game where I feel like the development team is trying to "trick" the players into wasting premium currency. Ahh, the Mark of integrity!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Cg is not stupid, but at least they should say that the drop rate is not official, then everybody knows...they are very quick in removing unwanted posts but in this case there is no reaction...that stinks a little bit...nevertheless I will do three refreshes per day and will see beginning of January but would really appreciate if cg improve their communication..,it looks like they are on a better way now...they need to adjust the communication to let us believe
  • Options

And

I'm relatively new to posting (read longer) but have they EVER made an official statement on drop rates, other than to say they were not manipulated etc?

No. Ironically, the only "official" statements we've gotten about drop rates is that they DON'T change. Until now. So who knows. When people presumed drop rates were changed, they were reassured that they don't. Now we are being told not to presume drop rates will be consistent with previous events of the same type.

So apparently, moving forward we should presume nothing and ask the question that the guys on SWGOH EVENTS asked Doja in the podcast - going into every event, game mode, etc. we should simply think "What's the catch?"

I love playing a game where I feel like the development team is trying to "trick" the players into wasting premium currency. Ahh, the Mark of integrity!

To be fair, constant drop rates for something that's permanently in the game (until stated otherwise like the board change for fleets) is not the same thing as a new event which might the same or not as the others similar to it. This one is not even called galactic chase. It's a new model that might not even ever repeat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

And

To be fair, constant drop rates for something that's permanently in the game (until stated otherwise like the board change for fleets) is not the same thing as a new event which might the same or not as the others similar to it. This one is not even called galactic chase. It's a new model that might not even ever repeat.

Yep - got it. That's why I said moving forward we presume nothing. This is the second time in as many weeks that CG has either directly or indirectly been less than forthright about things. Fool me once...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't they confirmed previous drop rates on chases?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Another day and another CG rip off.

Gotta love those free thing rip offs.....

What’s free? I must have missed that.
  • Options
    If they said they don’t change drop rates, would you believe it?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

kbq0zymokaap.jpeg

But then they did the silent nerf to 2% per energy for the Y-wing chase. So the droprate changes.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yes. But apparently this is not technically a "Galactic Chase" It's "additive drops"....that look and function exactly like a Galactic Chase...but with lower drop rates...that they we had know way of knowing.

Buyer beware moving forward I guess.

• Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    DarthKelin wrote: »
    Well most of our guild has agreed that they won’t buy any crystal refreshes until you post a patch to fix your mistake @CG_Doja_Fett we know it’s not you that personally caused the problem but you are the one that told us we would be able to 7* during this process with “2” refreshes a day. Make it right

It's no food tagging that doja fett fella. Hes stealing a living. Communication is the same as what it was before he got the job. Non existent.

1.) It's a pretty serious / stupid accusation to make against anyone (stealing)

2.) The communication is definitely better. Is it good enough? No. But to pretend nothing has changed in terms of interaction / communication is disingenuous at best.

It's a figure of speech (in england). Calm down dear. I'm not accusing him of actually stealing anything. 🤦‍♂️. Its a term for a person doing a job that nobody notices. Stealing a living. Like an NFL player who sits on the bench and never plays. Clear?
  • Options
    Well most of our guild has agreed that they won’t buy any crystal refreshes until you post a patch to fix your mistake @CG_Doja_Fett we know it’s not you that personally caused the problem but you are the one that told us we would be able to 7* during this process with “2” refreshes a day. Make it right

It's no food tagging that doja fett fella. Hes stealing a living. Communication is the same as what it was before he got the job. Non existent.

2.) The communication is definitely better. Is it good enough? No. But to pretend nothing has changed in terms of interaction / communication is disingenuous at best.

And if you think 4 responses to the last 50 topics is definitely better then I just dont know what to say to you. It may even be more than 50 but i couldn't be bothered to look any further.
  • Options

And if you think 4 responses to the last 50 topics is definitely better then I just dont know what to say to you. It may even be more than 50 but i couldn't be bothered to look any further.

They have improved on the quantity of responses but not really on the quality.

Now we get a "we're looking into it" response for a lot of issues but little else.
  • Options

And

It's not baseless to think that the devs officially providing a link to the write-up means that they agree with what's written inside, which would lead us to think that the assumption of a 4% drop rate is correct. Also it's not simply "assumptions made by the reader" though is it? It's an assumption made by the author of the post, who was in direct contact with CG and had their post linked by the devs.

Honestly though it's free shards so I don't think it's that big of a deal that the drop rate is bad, it's still better than the usual release cadence.

That great that you want to take an assumption as a fact, but that doesn't make it anything more than an assumption.

Yes it is, because they clearly state, they are assuming a drop rate, they are not stating an a drop rate.

I really don't want to argue with you, but it's not a gigantic leap as you make it out to be to think that people who have been in direct contact with CG regarding the event have information that we don't know of that would lead them to assume that those drop rates would be the same...but go ahead and keep arguing semantics...

But they say "assuming this drop rate"..... how you get to the site doesnt change that.

Yes I would think the information they state to be the way it is, is correct. I would also think that the information they assume is an assumption.

Nitpicking it is then.

Why is it that when it comes to this post, we have to look at everything in a vacuum and pretend like the post wasn't directly linked by CG, thus giving it an air of legitimacy, while the post about the new Rancor Challenge tier had to be interpreted through the lenses of the "real world"?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2203207/#Comment_2203207

Here's what you said to me after that:

"For example exclusive prices or items can be bought and found in multiple locations in the real world, the level of exclusivity on many things can change or be different depending where you are, just like the pack that is offered. Once it is purchased 3 times or is no longer offered, where can you get those pieces, then it will be more exclusive, but that doesnt make it "not exclusive" before those happen."

Well guess what, if someone in the real world came out of a meeting and said "I assume that XYZ will happen" then yes, it is perfectly reasonable to think that something happened in that meeting that would lead them to believe that XYZ will indeed happen.

So which is it? Should we be interpreting every word literally according to its dictionary definition? Or should we be putting some thought into the context behind which those words came to be written? Because so far it seems like you're happy to flip flop between the two as long as it allows you to keep villainizing us and making us out to be unreasonable people.
  • Options

And

It's not baseless to think that the devs officially providing a link to the write-up means that they agree with what's written inside, which would lead us to think that the assumption of a 4% drop rate is correct. Also it's not simply "assumptions made by the reader" though is it? It's an assumption made by the author of the post, who was in direct contact with CG and had their post linked by the devs.

Honestly though it's free shards so I don't think it's that big of a deal that the drop rate is bad, it's still better than the usual release cadence.

That great that you want to take an assumption as a fact, but that doesn't make it anything more than an assumption.

Yes it is, because they clearly state, they are assuming a drop rate, they are not stating an a drop rate.

I really don't want to argue with you, but it's not a gigantic leap as you make it out to be to think that people who have been in direct contact with CG regarding the event have information that we don't know of that would lead them to assume that those drop rates would be the same...but go ahead and keep arguing semantics...

But they say "assuming this drop rate"..... how you get to the site doesnt change that.

Yes I would think the information they state to be the way it is, is correct. I would also think that the information they assume is an assumption.

And they knew the assumption is wrong, the conclusion of the assumption is wrong (2 refreshes) yet they let everyone deceived. Thanks for confirming what shady business this is.
  • Options
    But then they did the silent nerf to 2% per energy for the Y-wing chase. So the droprate changes.

Yep. Although there was a specific justification for that: Fleet energy accumulation rates had doubled.

This "Chase" is using Cantina Energy, so it would still be at 4% per energy if using the old rules.

Ironically, I am in the opposite situation from many. If I had known we would go through the whole 3 weeks without finishing either toon, I would have stockpiled Cantina energy over previous days.

However, since the evidence (and the dev-linked post) seemed to indicate that 2 refills per day would be sufficient to get the characters, and since we have up to 3 refills per day at the base crystal cost, there was no reason for me to pre-load energy and miss out on daily accumulation which could be used for signal data (but not Kuill/IG-11) in the days before the event.

But even at the reduced rate of 1% per character per point of energy that seems to be the norm for this event,
    1% of 120 energy = 1.2
    for 2 characters, that's 2.4 shards per toon.
    100 crystals/ 2.4 shards = 41.6667 crystals per shard. This is about half the cost of buying these shards from shipments.
    Also, if you are farming these on a hard node, 120 energy = 2 shards, but you need a 25 crystal node refresh to get the full use, so...
    If you're using 1 node refresh...
    2 shards per 75 crystals = 37.5 crystals per shard
    If you're farming fast, your farming after your 2nd refresh gives you these stats:
    2 shards per 100 crystals = 50 crystals per shard

This cost is worse than, but fairly comparable to, farming a hard node with one node refresh. It is better than farming through a 2nd node refresh, though still in that "comparable" ballpark.

So there it is: we got bad communication, but the risk/reward is the same as or similar to hard node farming where you're using crystal-purchased energy and at least 2 node refresh. Because of this, I would have wanted to stockpile energy and did not get that chance. I'm actually jealous of the stockpilers who made a bad decision based on the information we had, but that decision turned out to be the best one possible.

For people who wonder about the wisdom of spending any crystals, you can, of course, use only accumulated energy and no node refreshes. This makes those shards free, but means the character will take a long time to farm.

Ultimately, then, the questions you have to ask yourself going forward are these:
    Am I the type of person who would be willing to refresh energy and nodes to get get Kuiil & IG-11 twice as fast? Would I be willing to spend twice a day to get the characters three times as fast?

If you're willing to spend on these characters at all, then spending on them here still makes sense - it's in between the cost of 1 node refresh per day and 2 node refreshes per day, but closer to the cheaper cost.

If you weren't willing to spend any hard-node refreshes at all on these, then you shouldn't spend on Cantina energy during this event.
    (At least not for pursuing these characters. You should only refresh when you have a different reason to do so.)
    This event doesn't turn out to be a great limited time offer. It's a limited time offer that's about the same as the long-term offer you would have gotten by them going straight to a hard node. The only difference is that if you're someone who finds spending on these toons worthwhile, then you can get more attempts per day at the same cost through cantina energy refreshes (360 energy for 300 crystals = 7.2 shards/day vs. only 1.6 or 3.3 shards/day using the hard node refresh).

The cost is not reduced at all with this chase-style release. What is reduced is the time to finish - you make 4.4 or 2.2 days worth of progress for every single day of this chase.

With 21 days of the event, we can make 151 extra shards above free farming, or 75 for each character. Add back in free farming and...

... you get the toons finished 45 days earlier than free farming only, 22.5 days earlier than one-node refresh/day, and 15 days earlier than 2 node refreshes per day.

This isn't a great gift, but it's still of benefit to people. Spending the crystals is still (barely) worth it.

So, y'know, I stand with all the people who think CG did a bad thing by linking to an article that used wrong assumptions, thus giving it a stamp of approval it had not earned, but for those simply wondering what the drop rates are and whether it's worth spending crystals with the drop rates so low, there's your answer. ...
  • Options
    KorAgaz wrote: »
    I'm amazed people thought CG would give them two new toons for free.

Are y'all here new?

The only true bummer is that, unlike other Journey events, all toons will be exclusively farmable in hard nodes (after this small event). Even the Revans had some variety (cantina/shops).

Broadening the spectrum, maybe the Millenium Falcon is the only other journey/legendary with exclusively hard node farm requirements?

um, they're literally giving you 2 toons for free. In fact, they're giving you all the toons for free, but that's another discussion

rtt: drop rate too low imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Guys why are we forgetting the most important issue here
    kjmfqlc3hkog.png
    Why is the IG-11 icon missing baby yoda
  • Options
    They are a total bonus. You gain shards for toons you want that were Marquis for nothing but farming in cantina. The drop rates are not great but much better than waiting months to see them in hard nodes with 33% drop rate.
  • Options
    The problem isn't so much the drop rates. It is fine. We all need to farm cantina nodes anyway, so yay for free shards. The problem is that it would take a few minutes to correct the bad information. "It will work like a galactic chase, but the drop rate has been adjusted." The fact that they could not take 2 minutes to bang out a post to correct bad information that they themselves linked to their official page is a huge problem. It is deceptive. Surprise mechanic.

I saved the crystals and it is cheaper and easier to farm this way so I am still doing 6 refreshes a day. I want ig and kuiil even without Mando, so bonus that I get him too. But it doesn't make it ok that cg allowed the bad info to lurk around setting people's expectations. That is their own stupid fault. No one to blame but themselves.
  • Options
    Yeah, why are so many people attributing those words to Doja?

There are a ton of miserable people who play this game. They were happy to make fake stuff up to try to get Carrie fired. No reason they wouldn't try the same with Doja. The screenshot Shaddess posted is from a thread that was immediately debunked. He had to have known that, but still had no problem reposting it to try to spread the misinformation. These aren't innocent mistakes.
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Day 2. Decided to give it another try. Did 3 refreshes plus my noon bonus energy ... I got 3 Kuiil and 0 IG-11. That's 0.7% of a shard for each energy spent. I suppose that's not far from 1%, but it stung. 13 shards yesterday and 3 today for the same energy? I wasn't prepared for this variance.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Variance is a daily part of the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Because he linked it? Are suggesting he linked it but didn't read it?
    Yes?

So you're going with Hanlon's Razor on this one?
    Yes?
  • Options

Because he linked it? Are suggesting he linked it but didn't read it?
    Yes?

So you're going with Hanlon's Razor on this one?
    But then that razor cuts both ways...

The article said “assuming a 4% drop rate”, and the use of the word “assuming” immediately flagged to me that this was not an official statement. Many others didn’t read it as carefully, it would seem.

So, yes, Doja should have had more sense than to link an article that gave detailed farming calculations based on a false assumption. Because he should have known that a section of the people reading the article would jump to a conclusion.

For clarity, the word “assuming” made me sceptical about 4% drop rates, but I still hoped that’s what they would be. When it became clear that the drop rates were not 4% I was as disappointed as anyone, and I do think Doja should either not have linked the swgoh events page, or posted a disclaimer (even then, some would have glossed over that)
  • Options
    I was aware of the "assuming" in the article. But since I read the article as if it was written by Doja, I assumed it was there so that people don't go crazy if they don't finish farming after -x- days, it will vary on the person.
  • Options
    Exactly - when communication is unclear or has the potential to be misleading depending on how people interpret the message, that's a sure sign that it could have been improved.

Personally, I really don't know why they didn't just state what the drop rate was going to be beforehand. Sure, people would have complained, but that's hardly a new phenomenon is it?!
  • Options
    So reading through the arguments for why this is a good thing they've done is something along the lines of "They always screw the player base, but this time they used lube! Be happy"!

Since they just locked GC rewards behind BAM, looks like they took away the lube. Merry Christmas and have fun!

• Options
    Exactly - when communication is unclear or has the potential to be misleading depending on how people interpret the message, that's a sure sign that it could have been improved.

Personally, I really don't know why they didn't just state what the drop rate was going to be beforehand. Sure, people would have complained, but that's hardly a new phenomenon is it?!

Agreed. Especially since the drop rate is obviously different than previous events that look just like it (Galactic Chase). You'd think after 5+ years theyd realize communicate in advance prevents frustration. But no. This is the CG way.