Drop Rates for IG11 and Kuiil

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    DathEliza wrote: »
    While it was an assumption, it was a perfectly reasonable assumption that the faction themed game mode would not simply have "buy Beskar Mando" replace the faction themed feats for every other GC. If it was just BH or Scoundrel based ones, people would probably be a lot less upset.
    Unless those people don’t have BH or scoundrels ready. Then they would complain “why can’t we have more faction X and Y?!?
    We will always have someone not ready or willing to pay for something but still want inclusion. Devs don’t do this then what’s the incentive to buy anything? Panic farming needs to be instigated and rewarded at some points.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    While it was an assumption, it was a perfectly reasonable assumption that the faction themed game mode would not simply have "buy Beskar Mando" replace the faction themed feats for every other GC. If it was just BH or Scoundrel based ones, people would probably be a lot less upset.
    Unless those people don’t have BH or scoundrels ready. Then they would complain “why can’t we have more faction X and Y?!?
    We will always have someone not ready or willing to pay for something but still want inclusion. Devs don’t do this then what’s the incentive to buy anything? Panic farming needs to be instigated and rewarded at some points.

I don't have every faction ready to do every one of them to the max. That's on me.

It's a big stretch to assume that people who are unhappy they added a paywall where none existed before to "people would still be upset because they don't have a scoundrel faction ready".

It's not a matter of wanting free. It's a matter of shoehorning an out of theme paywall to a themed event.

Please don't assume people who think this is bad form don't understand CG is a business and needs to make money. There are better ways to do it. This was scummy.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »

I don't have every faction ready to do every one of them to the max. That's on me.

It's a big stretch to assume that people who are unhappy they added a paywall where none existed before to "people would still be upset because they don't have a scoundrel faction ready".

It's not a matter of wanting free. It's a matter of shoehorning an out of theme paywall to a themed event.

Please don't assume people who think this is bad form don't understand CG is a business and needs to make money. There are better ways to do it. This was scummy.

He's not interested in consistency or investment in the factions, what he's interested in is -I bought it, I want a reward-.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

I agree with you that communication was poor on this. I outlined how it could have been effectively communicated as well. Assumptions will always be made and having transparent communication on these changes will always be better than letting assumptions run wild imo. They probably would have received more money too.

I just point out that no one ever had the double frequency rewards and thus didn’t lose anything with the addition of the new paywall feat. You understood the distinction immediately. Thank you.
  • Options
    My daily report on IG & Kuiil (for the 2nd)
    Kuill: 11/85 (+6)
    IG-11: 24/85 (+5)
    Attempts = 33; drop rate = 11/33 = 0.333 shards /attempt or 2.08% per energy point.
    (Running total: 204/590 = 34.57% per attempt = 2.16% per energy)

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    3x100 each day

4q14fko41e23.jpeg
  • Iy4oy4s
    2938 posts Member
    Options
    3x100 each day cwu4l240duog.jpeg
  • Options
    Is anyone ahead on Kuiil? I honestly don’t think the drop rates differ, but I’m at 37/85 on IG-11 and only 61/65 on Kuiil. My differential keeps expanding.
    Just curious.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It is all random. I am 69/85 on Kuill and 49/85 on IG11.

3x100 and 1x200
  • Options
    Kuiil 31/85
    IG-11 25/85

Kuiil was way ahead but IG caught up.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I am 30/85 IG11 and 18/85 Kuiil. Just the 3x100 refreshes each day. Haven't done today.
  • Options
    Here's my current state of farm for them.

After seeing 7* wasn't going to be possible, I limited myself to just the 12 Refreshes each week that fall on Cantina/ALL Energy days for guild events, maybe 1-2 more than that, but not the full 21 for the week.

ul3w71t4jskp.png

Almost 5* and 2 days left so might get a few closer but don't think I'll hit it at the 1% drop rate.
  • Options
    My daily report on IG & Kuiil (for Sun the 3rd)
    Kuill: 17/85 (+6)
    IG-11: 32/85 (+8)
    Attempts = 33; drop rate = 14/33 = 0.424 shards /attempt or 2.65% per energy point.
    • (Running total: 204/590 + 14/33 = 218/623 = 34.99% per attempt = 2.187% per energy)

• Options
    My daily report on IG & Kuiil (for Mon the 4th)
    Kuill: 24/85 (+7)
    IG-11: 39/85 (+7)
    Attempts = 33; drop rate = 14/33 = 0.424 shards /attempt or 2.65% per energy point.
    • (Running total: 218/623 +14/33 = 232/656 = 35.36% per attempt = 2.210% per energy)
  • Options
    I don’t know if it’s been said as this thread is soo long .

I stopped doing 3 100 Crystal refreshes a day as 1-3 shards per 100 crystals seemed terrible.
    Is it deliberate to exhaust people’s Crystal supplies before dropping a new character thus forcing more spending?

I mean I’d be up 5k crystals at least if I had t bothered with this garbage.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Mupper00 wrote: »

I stopped doing 3 100 Crystal refreshes a day as 1-3 shards per 100 crystals seemed terrible.
    Is it deliberate to exhaust people’s Crystal supplies before dropping a new character thus forcing more spending?

They have been known to do it before. They used to drop a character and people would go all out for said character and then boom a new better character drops.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

You get bonus shards on top of the normal things you get from cantina. I love this forum, extra stuff = garbage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

You get bonus shards on top of the normal things you get from cantina. I love this forum, extra stuff = garbage.
    Finished last 2 stars for L3, Gar and ISC.
    Farmed all 7 stars of Aayla
    Farmed all 7 stars of Pao and a bunch of shard store currency with the Cantina tokens
    Plus I have IG-11 and Kuiil 2/3 of the way to 6-star.
    Garbage confirmed. :D
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Finished last 2 stars for L3, Gar and ISC.
    Farmed all 7 stars of Aayla
    Farmed all 7 stars of Pao and a bunch of shard store currency with the Cantina tokens
    Plus I have IG-11 and Kuiil 2/3 of the way to 6-star.
    Garbage confirmed. :D

I have my normal 3x100 refreshes worth of signal data daily plus my 11 and K shards too. Also garbage :(
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yep, been doing 3x refreshes a day for relic gear and getting IG-11 and Kuiil shards while doing what I was already doing. Man that makes me mad.
  • Options
    Previous Galactic Chase events were 3-4 days. This one was, what, 20 days?

16 pages and nobody bothered to point out that the drop rate was 1/4 the other events, for an event that was over 5x as long. I am no good with fractions, but that's...better??

Don't know about the rest of you, but I have gotten more shards of IG / Kuill than I did from any galactic chase. And now a much shorter wait until they become farmable the normal way.

The longer event should have been a clear reason that nobody should have assumed the same drop rates as Galactic Chase. Including sigsig, who probably should have edited his assumption post, which seems to have caused all this gnashing of teeth.

• Options
    My daily report on IG & Kuiil (for Tues the 5th)
    Kuill: 33/85 (+9)
    IG-11: 43/85 (+4)
    Attempts = 32; drop rate = 13/32 = 0.406 shards /attempt or 2.54% per energy point.
    • (Running total: 232/656 + 13/32 = 245/688 = 35.61% per attempt = 2.226% per energy)

• Options

I normally do 2x cantina energy refreshes per day, but have upped that to 3x for the event. That's an extra 2100 crystals. Significant, but not a huge deal.
    Knowing that I was going to increase my signal data income, I stopped doing refreshes for several day in advance of the event. So my crystal cache is 1000-1500 less than it would have been. So... that's about 50 stun gun salvage. It's not a big deal. It's certainly nothing to make or break my efforts at some new character to come. Either it was always going to be out of my reach or it's still in my reach - the Kuiil/IG event didn't make a difference.

That said, if you're someone who doesn't have a regular crystal budget that allows you to refresh your cantina energy & you went for 3 refreshes per day with no mitigation by saving up when you knew the event was coming, that would be 6300 crystals spent on one event and that could impact your ability to get the newest, hottest thing.

But to be perfectly honest, if you don't have the crystal income to refresh cantina energy on normal days, you're probably not a tip-of-the-spear player who dumps loads of crystals to get the newest, hottest thing.
    This is mostly self-correcting. I did a big bit of math earlier to show that the crystal cost per shard from this event is about 41, while the crystal cost per shard of purchasing a regular energy refresh and a node refresh to fast-farm a hard node is in the 30s - but only for your first node refresh. If you refresh a node 2x per day, the cost is about 50 crystals per shard.

So the cost here is in between those numbers, meaning that if you'r'e the kind of person who is willing to spend crystals on one normal node refresh + an energy refresh to farm newer toons, then you're getting almost the same deal here PLUS you're getting whatever the normal benefits are of the Cantina node you're farming.

It is decidedly less attractive as an event than the prior Galactic Chase events... but it's also decidedly better than normal hard node farming unless you're someone who sticks to farming hard nodes the slow way, never paying for energy or node refreshes.

One thing it's not is a rip-off.
  • Options
    After seeing mando feat, I started on 200s after the first few days. I also bought even shards for both from shipments, prolly 16. Since I did everything chaotically, can't claim a droprate, but the drops between the two became perfectly even at this time.

ot6uwsn70ebi.png
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    After seeing mando feat, I started on 200s after the first few days. I also bought even shards for both from shipments, prolly 16. Since I did everything chaotically, can't claim a droprate, but the drops between the two became perfectly even at this time.

ot6uwsn70ebi.png
    After seeing the drop rates, I stopped on the 200 crystal refreshes after a couple of days. Wasn't worth that much to me.

Now if the drop rate had been higher, say 2% per toon per energy, I might have kept burning crystals to push closer to 7-star by the end of the event.

They are good toons though and surprisingly usable even at 5-star.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

ot6uwsn70ebi.png
    After seeing the drop rates, I stopped on the 200 crystal refreshes after a couple of days. Wasn't worth that much to me.

Now if the drop rate had been higher, say 2% per toon per energy, I might have kept burning crystals to push closer to 7-star by the end of the event.

They are good toons though and surprisingly usable even at 5-star.

Yeah, 200s weren't all that helpful but also comes even-ish with their shipment worth along with extra relic mats. Hopefully cg doesn't put a weird delay before they are on map nodes now, or my rush will come to naught.
  • Options
    Well the event is done for me in that I did my final daily set of refreshes and won't be spending any more cantina energy until tomorrow. Everyday of the event I did the three 100 crystal refreshes and at the end here is what I got:

Kuiil 38/85
    IG-11 10/85

Seems like a decent way to release new toons. Once they have been out for a year I should be ready to go for Beskar Mando and so the final 170 or so shards won't be that painful.
  • Options
    200 crystal refreshes means they cost about 83 crystals per shard. At that point Shipments are cheaper...though you still get whatever is the normal thing you get from whatever node you're using.

So if you need that whatever, then sure, even 200 crystal refreshes might technically be worth it. But there's also value to having a crystal stash in reserve to focus on short term crisis farming/gearing. 200-400 / day for 21 days is a lot of crystals. Up to 8400 over and above the 300/day (6300 total) for your 3x 100 refreshes. Unless you're scoring 1st in both arenas, 700/day might be out of reach without depleting your stash.

As a result, I suspect that doing 5 refreshes a day is a niche thing.
  • Options
    Final result for me doing 100 x 3 refreshes a day is 28/85 IG11 & 29/85 Kuill. So halfway there.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Wow surprised at some of the low numbers here. I don’t know what I’m doing different from you, as my main focus was on the signal data nodes then switched to farming L3-37 just a week ago.

Spend 300 crystals on refreshes. The huge drop is often 5-6, with mostly 1-3 (and some big fat zeroes.)

Bought just one 2.5k crystals pack with most of the shards going to IG-11. (Got a £25 iTunes gift card.)

95na68lj57a6.jpeg