Drop Rates for IG11 and Kuiil

Replies

• Options
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    Is it deliberate to exhaust people’s Crystal supplies before dropping a new character thus forcing more spending?

I mean I’d be up 5k crystals at least if I had t bothered with this garbage.
    Yes, because 5k crystals would have helped a lot when a new character drops.
  • Options
    200 crystal refreshes means they cost about 83 crystals per shard. At that point Shipments are cheaper...though you still get whatever is the normal thing you get from whatever node you're using.

So if you need that whatever, then sure, even 200 crystal refreshes might technically be worth it. But there's also value to having a crystal stash in reserve to focus on short term crisis farming/gearing. 200-400 / day for 21 days is a lot of crystals. Up to 8400 over and above the 300/day (6300 total) for your 3x 100 refreshes. Unless you're scoring 1st in both arenas, 700/day might be out of reach without depleting your stash.

As a result, I suspect that doing 5 refreshes a day is a niche thing.

I don't stash, arena farming f2p so that's it.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Wow surprised at some of the low numbers here. I don’t know what I’m doing different from you, as my main focus was on the signal data nodes then switched to farming L3-37 just a week ago.

Spend 300 crystals on refreshes. The huge drop is often 5-6, with mostly 1-3 (and some big fat zeroes.)

Bought just one 2.5k crystals pack with most of the shards going to IG-11. (Got a £25 iTunes gift card.)

95na68lj57a6.jpeg

Buying shards with crystals is what you’re doing different.

vgb3j3nxdtrr.jpeg

That’s where I got to with:
    - 3x100 every day, farming exclusively signal data nodes
    - 2 days of 1x200 refresh on top whilst rushing through getting a toon to r5 for a failed Pit attempt
    - Buying both the 30 shard packs when they first landed
  • Options
    Wow surprised at some of the low numbers here. I don’t know what I’m doing different from you, as my main focus was on the signal data nodes then switched to farming L3-37 just a week ago.

Spend 300 crystals on refreshes. The huge drop is often 5-6, with mostly 1-3 (and some big fat zeroes.)

Bought just one 2.5k crystals pack with most of the shards going to IG-11. (Got a £25 iTunes gift card.)

95na68lj57a6.jpeg

vgb3j3nxdtrr.jpeg

- 2 days of 1x200 refresh on top whilst rushing through getting a toon to r5 for a failed Pit attempt

I only have same results as you buying the 30 shards for each (although I got less Kuiil shards) and yet I’m ahead of you?
  • Options

95na68lj57a6.jpeg

vgb3j3nxdtrr.jpeg

I only have same results as you buying the 30 shards for each (although I got less Kuiil shards) and yet I’m ahead of you?

What did you mean when you said you bought one 2.5k crystals pack with most of the shards going to IG-11?
  • Options
    I bought the cash pack that gave a guaranteed 30 shards. Bought it for both toons.

Did you buy one of the Crystal packs that give a random amount of shards?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I bought the cash pack that gave a guaranteed 30 shards. Bought it for both toons.

Did you buy one of the Crystal packs that give a random amount of shards?

Yeah, with all the Mando toons. I got one 12 Cara Dune shards which is enough to take her to 7* with one going to the Mando and Greef each whom I already have at 7*. Only got three for Kuill at 8 each and one going to IG-11 at 12 shards and one guaranteed character which makes 25 for IG-11 (37 in total.)

The rest was from the catina nodes.

• Options
    If you didn’t buy the guaranteed 30 shard pack as well, I would consider buying a lottery ticket.
  • Options
    Yeah I didn’t buy the 30 shards packs for either one of them. I’ll off to buy a lottery ticket.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Final count: 22 days at 300 crystals results in:
    259/11500= 2.25% drop per energy.

My daily refresh and time refresh amounted to some of these shards, but 6600 crystals/259 shards≈25.5 crystals per shard. Decent bonus for my relic signal farm IMO.

wbzamm2g934b.jpeg
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Is the duo available on hard nodes straightaway or do we have to wait for an update?

Edit: looks like we have to wait for an update then.
  • Options
    Looks like we have to wait
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I'd expect an update for this tomorrow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Already farmable. Nice.
  • Options
    It's interesting to see how many people have noticibly (BUT NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT) more Kuill shards than IG-11. It's absolutely purely randomness, if there was a difference in drop rates everyone would have a significant difference between the two. It's like we flipped a coin 1000 times and 600 came up Kuill.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It's the opposite for me, I got 20 more shards of ig11
  • Options
    Doing 3x 100 crystal refreshes for the duration of the event ...

45/85 IG-11
    40/85 Kuiil

I purchased no extra shards for these two characters.

I'm still a little disappointed with the results, but only because I was led to believe early on that it would be possible to get them to 7* without panic farming. The silver lining is that I got the cantina ewok and jawa to 7* and Ebon Hawk to 6*. It's looking like it will take a month to get these 2 to 7* if I keep spending crystals like I have been, so there is that to look forward to.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I got 10 more of eleven.

It's completely random.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I got 10 more of eleven.

It's completely random.

Yep, that's why I said that. The person who posted right before implied that kuill was dropping far more regularly for people.
    I was simply saying that wasn't the case for me
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I got 10 more of eleven.

It's completely random.

Yep, that's why I said that. The person who posted right before implied that kuill was dropping far more regularly for people.
    I was simply saying that wasn't the case for me

No, that wasn't what I implied. I explicitly said:
    NicWester wrote: »
    It's absolutely purely randomness,
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Well event is over. Whatever they are tracking, hope they got their results.

• Options
    It's interesting to see how many people have noticibly (BUT NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT) more Kuill shards than IG-11. It's absolutely purely randomness, if there was a difference in drop rates everyone would have a significant difference between the two. It's like we flipped a coin 1000 times and 600 came up Kuill.

Yes, you did lol. I don't know why you're acting like I intimated you said something wrong. You clearly stated and implied that kuill was doing more regularly
  • Options

Yes, you did lol. I don't know why you're acting like I intimated you said something wrong. You clearly stated and implied that kuill was doing more regularly
    I think the bit in Caps you’re ignoring is a sufficient disclaimer (though with the greatest of respect to @NicWester I am doubtful that he performed any of the standard statistical tests to determine whether or not they were statistically significant!).
  • Options

That’s pretty low suggesting people will have more shards if you get 1000 likes. Lies, deception. Shame on you.
  • Options
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

That’s pretty low suggesting people will have more shards if you get 1000 likes. Lies, deception. Shame on you.

This?

Now this is good comedy right here.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Move on guys... Event is over... Deva nv responded...
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »

But the apple doesn't fall from the tree if you're only able to think in concrete terms and unable to see other people's perspectives

I'm really curious how you thought this expression was applicable.

I'm his daddy. I have to work hard to see abstract concepts. But calling yourself somebody's daddy could be disrespectful, because I have no idea what that word means to him. For me, Daddy means both pain and love.

The expression means he's not that different than me. Except for being sanctimonious vs self deprecating on the forums.

In the end, I'm frustrated that this entire situation started with miscommunication, and that players are arguing that it's appropriate to allow official communication to rely on false assumptions because it was never said those assumptions were true, because, you know, a CG employee just posted a link to them.
    Post edited by Stryde on
  • Options
    The frustration stems from how cg communicated to us, the lack of clarity and due to past predatory (and for mobile games sadly not completely unheard of) gotcha elements where you are funneled into a position where it is impossible to gain something without spending. Which lead to a perception of deliberate misinformation on the part of cg (personally I think this particular time was accidental miscommunication).

So while I'm quite happy for the free drops, the miscommunication is frustrating for me, and for others an example of deliberate misinformation, which leads to people not expressing gratitude for the additive drop.

I just want to add, again for me, without any rancor (pun always intended), that I also find the miscommunication frustrating. I can't speak to Doja's intent. I can speak to a lack of follow up on CG's part to address the original direct miscommunication. It's a precedent that is more than problematic for me as a player.

If I can't find accurate information in CG's official (linked) posts, and it certainly doesn't exist in the game itself, then I'm not sure where I look.
  • Options
    The "event" is not over. But you're right, there is no need to panic farm the characters with The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) in the Journey Guide. I have no true idea what panic farm means aside from the definitions of the words in gaming, but I think I'm over my disappointment that I could not 7* the two characters during the cantina additive drops, which relied on my initial hopes after listening to a podcast (never again) and reading an outside link.

Three refreshes during the additive drops and now two refreshes (aside from the update day) in hard nodes, and I'll see BAM next month, I hope.

0lvk4jzap7f2.jpg

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Yes the event is over. The event was the additive drops. This thread was about the drop rate during the event, which is over. As should this thread be.