Can’t Sustain Zeta Farming

2Next

Replies

• Options
    JWH wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I get 3 zetas each TW and a zeta every other day from ships.

Found your problem. Git gud at fleet and you'll get a zeta almost every day there.

Someone did the math on the difference between 1st and 5th in fleet for zeta earnings and it's a huge discrepancy over time. If you're currently only getting one every other day I imagine you must be placing much lower than 5th, which means you're missing a ton of potential zeta mats.

Also, repeatedly tagging CG staff never works.

Since you obviously haven’t read the first couple of words in any of my replies—I have been away from the game for more than a year so I don’t have malevolence and negotiator. So since these ships have been out of reach for the last year, “Git Gud” is not an option.

And I’d rather tag CG folks who won’t assume anything or make statements, like yours, that are puzzling at best.

So you’re tagging the community manager to talk to you privately about an issue the community, so far, has told you isn’t a real issue if you don’t take a year. I’m sure there’s a complaint shredder or some other CS department at EA that would love to hear your feedback, but EA isn’t changing something for one person.

On that note, unless you lived in an area with no cell reception within hours of travel, there’s pretty much no reason you couldn’t find 30 seconds 3 times a week to log in and get zeta mats from the daily challenges. 6 mats a week for 52 weeks would give you the 12 you’re behind plus an extra 3!! This is literally a you problem, not a swgoh problem. Players may not always have the time, but they seem to always have the audacity.
  • Options
    I appreciate your reply. However, I can only work on my capital ships every other week. Doesn’t do me any good today. Since my return, I’m on my third GL—I’m not new to this rodeo. However, if you don’t think I’m going to exhaust ALL potential options then you don’t know me too well. I have an impressive roster but they aren’t worth a **** without some kind of zeta. If you don’t like I asked for help, fine. Then go about your business and go bash someone else over the head. I don’t care if it’s been asked before or a hundred times over—it hasn’t been asked by me and I don’t know who you are so I’m not going to take your word at face value. So please, instead of wasting your time telling me I’m wasting my time, please just let me be.
    You are wasting your time.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    OP, you took a year off, as has been said. There is no magic pill to catch you up after missing a year. Farm the ships you need, focus on one team at a time, and be selective with what zetas you do have. That's it.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I really don’t understand why people bother making posts complaining about zeta shortage, provide obvious reasons why they’re short, and then turn down people responding with ways to increase zeta rates.

You missed a year. Get over it. You’re going to be a year behind whatever you try to do. So you’re missing a years’ worth of zeta mats. Assuming you can get a zeta mat everyday, an additional 12 per month for challenges, 12 more if you win all TWs plus the free zeta you get at the end of the month, that comes out to roughly 55 zeta mats a month. 660 zeta mats a year, which makes out to 33 fully crafted zeta abilities. Taking a year off will set you back at least that much.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You should try and improve your fleet rank either by joining your shard chat or improving your ships (or both). You should be getting a zeta everyday from ships, not every other.
    You must have missed the part where I don’t have the capital ships to be competitive.

You will have one eventually. Be patient. Keep farming.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello everyone! We've removed several off-topic posts. Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

EA_Joz
  • Options
    I think the big issue the op has is that Zetas can't be purchased.

Taking a year off doesn't necessarily lead to a zeta shortage. I took 8 months off and I have more than enough. In fact, I use fleet currency for the shard shop most of the time.

The difference, I'm not whaling on characters and gear faster than I can zeta them.

It is entirely possible to catch up in Zetas and fleet arena, it just takes some time since both Zetas and get currency can't be purchased.

My advice. Decide which characters will provide long term value and zeta those. Skip the others. Eventually, they won't be needed again anyway and you'll have enough Zetas to zeta any new characters.

I would also advise not gearing the characters you can't use without Zetas you don't have. That just bloats your roster for GAC.

Do that, and farm negotiator or malevolence and you can be competitive again in a few months.

Agree with it or not, cg is unlikely to make Zetas purchasable any time soon (at least not at the level you're asking.)
  • Options
    I get 3 zetas each TW and a zeta every other day from ships. Perhaps put another zeta in regular challenges?

You can get a good chunck of zetas in GAC.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I have 128 zeta mats on alt but not enough purpes or omegas. guyshrugging.emoji
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I have 128 zeta mats on alt but not enough purpes or omegas. guyshrugging.emoji

lol for me switch omegas and zetas around. I just got 5* Tarkin today, but all attempts on the abilty mat challenge used. Maybe tomorrow for my zetas increase. Then it'll be purple crunch. I barely use fleet currency, so I might make it for zetas and purples only :lol:
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/