Can’t Sustain Zeta Farming

Prev1
JWH
138 posts Member
edited December 2020
We’ve had awesome characters released this past year but I don’t thing CG understands that zeta farming is simply not keeping up with the amount of characters being deployed. I have Beskar, Gideon, SLKR, GAS, my clones, cara, greef, Kuill, IG11 and others kitted out but can’t farm zetas fast enough.

I’m an old school player where I farmed Vader by achievements. My solution is to be able to farm zetas faster or provide more time between characters.

I get 3 zetas each TW and a zeta every other day from ships. Perhaps put another zeta in regular challenges?

My biggest ask is to let players reset their zetas every couple of years. I’ve don’t the math on my 6.2 roster—not a whole lot will change but it will provided relief and flexibility.

Anyone else have this issue?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    6.2 roster here as well.

I’m not horribly behind on zetas needed to be set, of course I would like to get more faster. Like who wouldn’t ?
  • Ultra
    11548 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sitting at 6.75 million GP and have more than enough zetas. Not really facing a zeta crunch
  • Options
    JWH wrote: »
    We’ve had awesome characters released this past year but I don’t thing CG understands that zeta farming is simply not keeping up with the amount of characters being deployed. I have Beskar, Gideon, SLKR, GAS, my clones, cara, greef, Kuill, IG11 and others kitted out but can’t farm zetas fast enough.

I’m an old school player where I farmed Vader by achievements. My solution is to be able to farm zetas faster or provide more time between characters.

I get 3 zetas each TW and a zeta every other day from ships. Perhaps put another zeta in regular challenges?

My biggest ask is to let players reset their zetas every couple of years. I’ve don’t the math on my 6.2 roster—not a whole lot will change but it will provided relief and flexibility.

Sounds like you are too free with your zetas. I have a 6.3 roster and have 12 zetas saved. I will be putting some on Kuill and IG11 when they get ready for prime time, but not sitting at 4*. I bet you have a lot of zetas that you regret (looking at you GMY and Visas) and I would love to refund those, but it will never happen. Just have to be more frugal with those.
  • Options
    Like Ultra, honing in on 6.8M GP and no issues with zetas.

I have 4 fewer than I’d like, after I discovered my 4 year old son had applied one to Piett, one to Mando, one to Cara and one to Pao, but I’d have put them on sooner or later anyway.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Sounds like you are too free with your zetas. I have a 6.3 roster and have 12 zetas saved. I will be putting some on Kuill and IG11 when they get ready for prime time, but not sitting at 4*. I bet you have a lot of zetas that you regret (looking at you GMY and Visas) and I would love to refund those, but it will never happen. Just have to be more frugal with those.

Good observations. Same with Savage. It’s not that I spend haphazardly, I took a year off and can’t catch up. Like most of you, I was in a surplus but RL took over and now I’m 15 behind—especially with GLs taking 6 each. I can’t buy zetas and every time a new zeta is ready to be placed, I new character is introduced. I’m looking for a good method from CG to help determine a solution.
  • Options
    This is a resource management game. Make a plan and stick with it. There is always a way to catch up if you want to go that route.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett

I think those replying are glancing over that I took a year break. I’m sure I’m not the only one needing a hiatus from the game but a little support would go along way. Would you guys consider letting some of us remove zetas from characters from more than 2 years ago as a basic catch up or a 1-time zeta reorganization. I don’t waste mats but my break caused me to get way behind the power curve. Thanks for your insight, guidance and counsel.
  • Options

Good observations. Same with Savage. It’s not that I spend haphazardly, I took a year off and can’t catch up. Like most of you, I was in a surplus but RL took over and now I’m 15 behind—especially with GLs taking 6 each. I can’t buy zetas and every time a new zeta is ready to be placed, I new character is introduced. I’m looking for a good method from CG to help determine a solution.

Well, a year off is your problem, not the number of zetas that are given out. Just stick with it and dont zeta every new thing that comes along and you will be just fine.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options

Well, a year off is your problem, not the number of zetas that are given out. Just stick with it and dont zeta every new thing that comes along and you will be just fine.

I don’t zeta “every new thing” and my divorce unfortunately prioritized life over playing time. I’m asking for a way to get competitive again so if you have nothing constructive to say, please troll elsewhere.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    "Old school player" with 6.2 million GP and still no zetas on GAS, clones and SLKR? It looks like you have applied several zetas on inferior abilities/characters. You need to be a bit more carefull with how you spend your zetas. Keep a small stock to make sure you have enough for the abilities you reall need zetaed.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    "Old school player" with 6.2 million GP and still no zetas on GAS, clones and SLKR? It looks like you have applied several zetas on inferior abilities/characters. You need to be a bit more carefull with how you spend your zetas. Keep a small stock to make sure you have enough for the abilities you reall need zetaed.
    I took a year off. No GAS event for me until recently. Then my SLKR and SEE took 10. I know how to spend zetas. I’ve been playing a while. I know the cycle and how it works.

If you’ll notice I’m asking to recycle zetas more than 2 years old only to be competitive again but y’all keep regurgitating the same thing—that I’m careless with my zetas and that simply isn’t so. Recycling gives me 15 zetas to redistribute and while I’d still come up short, I’d be competitive.

Please don’t make an assumption I’ve put a double zeta on Farmboy Luke and would like CG to fix my lack of insight.
  • Options
    Be nice if you could completely reset toons, credits, ability mats, gear
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Anarkid wrote: »
    Be nice if you could completely reset toons, credits, ability mats, gear
    That’s big time overkill. I can buy gear, credits, and mats. What I can’t get are zetas. Please troll elsewhere.
  • Options

I don’t zeta “every new thing” and my divorce unfortunately prioritized life over playing time. I’m asking for a way to get competitive again so if you have nothing constructive to say, please troll elsewhere.

Wasn’t trolling. You took a year off...the reason doesn’t matter, so you are going to be a year behind. Simple as that. CG doesn’t need to up the zeta mats given out just because you are behind. It’s ridiculous to to even think that.

Zeta refunds, as well as gear refunds will never happen as it take the resource management part of this resource management game out of the equation.

As I said, just stick with it and you will catch up. CG doesn’t release that many new toons anymore, so you should catch up fast.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Options

I think those replying are glancing over that I took a year break. I’m sure I’m not the only one needing a hiatus from the game but a little support would go along way. Would you guys consider letting some of us remove zetas from characters from more than 2 years ago as a basic catch up or a 1-time zeta reorganization. I don’t waste mats but my break caused me to get way behind the power curve. Thanks for your insight, guidance and counsel.

You should probably also consider that you are overlooking the fact that you took a year off and now want to catch up to people who didn't.

There was talk about that a while back (removing zetas), but it was on the scale of 1 a year or so. Since then it seems they went more with the giving out materials each year.

How are you doing in ships? nvm I see that in your post
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

You should probably also consider that you are overlooking the fact that you took a year off and now want to catch up to people who didn't.

There was talk about that a while back (removing zetas), but it was on the scale of 1 a year or so. Since then it seems they went more with the giving out materials each year.

Yep, ships are behind too. That’s a grind. I don’t mind the grind. However, when I have zetas sitting on once meta characters for years collecting dust, I don’t think recycling them for reuse to get caught up again isn’t asking much. It’s just like all the gear bundles being offered but all I need is zetas.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I took a year off. No GAS event for me until recently. Then my SLKR and SEE took 10. I know how to spend zetas. I’ve been playing a while. I know the cycle and how it works.

Well, in that case, you also know why you're behind on zetas and why players who didn't take a year off have plenty (unless they spent them carelesly). Be patient and keep farming. You'll get there eventually.

You can earn about 2 full zetas every 3 weeks (a bit more if you rank high in fleet arena).

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Yep, ships are behind too. That’s a grind. I don’t mind the grind. However, when I have zetas sitting on once meta characters for years collecting dust, I don’t think recycling them for reuse to get caught up again isn’t asking much. It’s just like all the gear bundles being offered but all I need is zetas.

In a resource management game, its actually a pretty big ask.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett

I think those replying are glancing over that I took a year break.

I think you forgot to mention this detail in your OP.

• JWH
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett
    Mind if I run some rationales by you,

These responses are killing me.
    Post edited by JWH on
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2351 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    They’ll never have something where you can remove zetas from someone. This has already been brought up many times before. Answer is a no. Same vein as people that geared up people and then realized they’re useless. You shouldn’t ever be able to strip off zetas or de-gear characters in a resource management game.

You took a year off, so therefore are a year behind. Everyone getting extra zetas (if CG were to ever implement something that increases zetas in game) still puts you a year behind.
  • Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I get 3 zetas each TW and a zeta every other day from ships.

Found your problem. Git gud at fleet and you'll get a zeta almost every day there.

Someone did the math on the difference between 1st and 5th in fleet for zeta earnings and it's a huge discrepancy over time. If you're currently only getting one every other day I imagine you must be placing much lower than 5th, which means you're missing a ton of potential zeta mats.

Also, repeatedly tagging CG staff never works.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Found your problem. Git gud at fleet and you'll get a zeta almost every day there.

Someone did the math on the difference between 1st and 5th in fleet for zeta earnings and it's a huge discrepancy over time. If you're currently only getting one every other day I imagine you must be placing much lower than 5th, which means you're missing a ton of potential zeta mats.

Since you obviously haven’t read the first couple of words in any of my replies—I have been away from the game for more than a year so I don’t have malevolence and negotiator. So since these ships have been out of reach for the last year, “Git Gud” is not an option.

And I’d rather tag CG folks who won’t assume anything or make statements, like yours, that are puzzling at best.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Since you obviously haven’t read the first couple of words in any of my replies—I have been away from the game for more than a year so I don’t have malevolence and negotiator. So since these ships have been out of reach for the last year, “Git Gud” is not an option.

Have patience while you "Git Gud". You will catch up eventually. It's possible.
    I play an alt that I had left unplayed for 14 months. It caught up in fleet arena and it now has 15 zetas on stock.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • crzydroid
    7362 posts Moderator
    Options
    You should try and improve your fleet rank either by joining your shard chat or improving your ships (or both). You should be getting a zeta everyday from ships, not every other.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You should try and improve your fleet rank either by joining your shard chat or improving your ships (or both). You should be getting a zeta everyday from ships, not every other.
    You must have missed the part where I don’t have the capital ships to be competitive.
  • TVF
    36680 posts Member
    Options
    You must have missed the part where I don’t have the capital ships to be competitive.

Build your roster, join a better guild. It's still under your control. Stop looking for handouts.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36680 posts Member
    Options
    And I’d rather tag CG folks who won’t assume anything or make statements, like yours, that are puzzling at best.

All you are doing is wasting their time. They won't respond, nor should they.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I think you are missing the part where players are trying to help you make the changes and have the direction you need, since it is extremely unlikely that they will change the game to suit your particular situation.

This is not a new request, and players face similar situations due to inactivity, or bad choices, or whatnot, and the best and fastest way to turn things around and get "back into the game" is to plan and focus on things. We dont just say this, many of us have been here long enough to know:
    3zrtz8catdyn.png
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate your reply. However, I can only work on my capital ships every other week. Doesn’t do me any good today. Since my return, I’m on my third GL—I’m not new to this rodeo. However, if you don’t think I’m going to exhaust ALL potential options then you don’t know me too well. I have an impressive roster but they aren’t worth a **** without some kind of zeta. If you don’t like I asked for help, fine. Then go about your business and go bash someone else over the head. I don’t care if it’s been asked before or a hundred times over—it hasn’t been asked by me and I don’t know who you are so I’m not going to take your word at face value. So please, instead of wasting your time telling me I’m wasting my time, please just let me be.