Fixes that should be made

Solus_Imperius
232 posts Member
edited January 2021
1. We need a mod cap increase. We have far more characters than before and the mod inventory cap should reflect this.
2. Ties go to the attacker. We've all lost battles to coin tosses and it isn't fun. Defense already has the advantage of the clock. Gameplay should come down to matchups and mechanics, not coin toss go brrrr.
3. Timers should go to 7:00 or 7:30. The kits in the game are far more convoluted and the timer should reflect this. Defensive strategies should be possible, but not as easy as they are now. Rey mirrors for instance always go sub 1 minute (super fun to watch her focus her chakra 9000 times). You can just Hoda, Beskar, and Watt JML and drain clock which is boring and unimaginative.
4. Add a surrender button. Not a quit button, but a surrender button. Immediately concedes the current battle with cooldowns and awards the victory to the defender. Should not require control of your character. This will prevent infinite loops of TM garbage (as seen with Nest or NS).
5. An additional information screen when tapping an enemy team in GA. Rather than tapping and holding on each individual character, give us a simplistic breakdown of all relevant stats the enemy has on a separate screen.
6. Fear from Malak is still bugged. If someone chains hits or hits multiple crits, there are many instances where only one fear effect is applied. The kit says every crit applies fear, so if Han double crits he should be double feared.
7. Create a set cycle of Galactic Challenges and rotate them. This intriguing and fun game mode has devolved into an RNG fest and roster check. If you don't have jank comp 1 for faction x, you lose. If you don't have Galactic Legend 2 for **** feat i, you lose. If you didn't whale on the new Legendary, you lose. Set up feats to the enemy faction and rotate planets. You can alter the characters involved for the faction for additional flavor.
8. Add scrolling arrows to the UI. For people with big hands, shaky hands, neurological damage, etc selecting particular targets is a pain. As much fun as it is to waste 25 seconds selecting the Darth Vader hiding behind the obscenely large ship or the hoda who is finally not stealthed, I'd rather not chew up lots of my time. If I select the enemy next to them and hit the left scroll, I am now targeting them (with the exception of the targeting needing to be legal).
9. Change mod rolling to the Diablo System. When you roll a mod you get a choice of two different stats. I reroll a mod with speed, offense, prot, and tenacity I get to choose between two of those stats. This keeps enough RNG to prevent snowballing (which has happened anyway) but provides more control to the player. RNG isn't fun and should be minimalized.
10. Make some form of pvp and pve game modes where Galactic Legends are banned. As I have two, it's fun to use them but they are a crutch. It's more fun to create interactions amongst legendaries or faction specific teams rather than Kylo go brrr, Rey focuses chakra, Luke and Revan go brrrr, or Sith eternal throws farts for 4 minutes. A space away from the worst mistake you ever made, would be a positive one for everyone that doesn't have a legend and anyone that just wants an area away from them.
Not that any of this will happen. No money, no changes.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    1. More space would lead to me hoarding more, but that's just me.

2. Not likely. In that case I could enter battle, do nothing and win.

3. Timers are fine, change your strat.

4. This would help, but again, right strategy means you don't end up in those loops to start with.

5. Meh. There's a long list of QoL updates needed. I'd have this near the bottom.

6. It's not bugged. Gnawing Terror applies Fear at the end of a turn. Multi-tap attacks happen within the same turn. And it doesn't say for every critical hit, it says if "they have critically hit him this turn".

7. There's already a range of factions and feats for GC. Hopefully they'll only expand from this point and we'll end up with some semblance of a schedule.

8. I'm always for improved accessibility options. I don't need the, but there are plenty out there that do.

9. Nothing to add/say.

10. Banning characters from game modes goes down very negatively with players. Search for the threads when they did it for a TW. I doubt they'll make that mistake again. Also, Galactic Legends require massive investment, and banning them would be worse than any other characters for causing uproar.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Options
    Suggestion 2) needs more than a little work. Can’t you see how easily exploited that is?
  • Options
    Suggestion 2) needs more than a little work. Can’t you see how easily exploited that is?

Wording is poor.
    I meant if two hans are in a matchup, attacker han goes first.
    Anytime TM is full and states are equivalent, it goes to the attacker not a coin toss.
  • Options

Wording is poor.
    Anytime TM is full and states are equivalent, it goes to the attacker not a coin toss.

That was fixed in the TM changes.

Fastest Han goes first. It's not been a coin flip for a while.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Wording is poor.

Hence the wording states equivalent.
    If two hans are 281 speed, attacker shoots first. There would still be a coin flip in this case.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Wording is poor.

Hence the wording states equivalent.
    If two hans are 281 speed, attacker shoots first. There would still be a coin flip in this case.

We dont need any more help against the current A"I"....