Mace Windu - why should he be a GL or stronger in general? Serious Question

Replies

  • Schwartzring
    686 posts Member
    edited February 19
    I've said it before & I'll say it again.

    All they really need to do is fix that Expose to make it targetable instead of random
    Combine Smite & Shatterpoint into "Shattersmite" for instance so its triggered.

    Give him some sort of conditional taunt like Kenobi or Roya Guard has.
    Finally, the one real change I'd do would be make him do extra damage & take less damage from Sith.
    These could be combined into a new unique replacing shatterpoint.

    He doesn't need to be GL level, just make the abilities function properly to be a solid team member instead of being useless.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Terrible “leader” who got a ton of Jedi killed and helped turn the chosen one to the dark side. Hard pass on the fail whale being needed in game, let alone being good

    Dont talk about Yoda that way......

    Both were bad and led to the downfall of the Jedi. They were too full of themselves. The Jedi are evil.
  • *Smiterpoint
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    28356 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Terrible “leader” who got a ton of Jedi killed and helped turn the chosen one to the dark side. Hard pass on the fail whale being needed in game, let alone being good

    Dont talk about Yoda that way......

    Both were bad and led to the downfall of the Jedi. They were too full of themselves. The Jedi are evil.

    The whole council, in fact.
  • The Jedi are evil.

    Well then you are lost!
  • Kyno
    28356 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Terrible “leader” who got a ton of Jedi killed and helped turn the chosen one to the dark side. Hard pass on the fail whale being needed in game, let alone being good

    Dont talk about Yoda that way......

    Both were bad and led to the downfall of the Jedi. They were too full of themselves. The Jedi are evil.

    The whole council, in fact.

    I mean Jedi's we're the bad guys, they kidnapped kids and made me fight in wars

    But they were doing it with good intentions....
  • The Jedi are evil.

    Well then you are lost!

    They took a slave child from his mother and said they would train him to be a Jedi.

    They put him in front of the Jedi Council and denied him training at first.

    They then never took the time to free his slave mom and she is kidnapped and killed.

    They believed his padawan was a terrorist and kicked her out.

    They put Anakin on the Jedi Council but denied him the title of Master.

    They told him to commit treason and spy on the Chancellor.

    They were going to kill the Chancellor in cold blood without taking him prisoner.

    The Jedi created Darth Vader by only looking after their own interests. I mean, who passes out laser swords and call themselves peace keepers? Peace keepers being Generals in a Clone Army?
  • Exactly! Jedi were evil and the republic was corrupt, empire brought peace and stability to the universe

    “So this is how freedom dies...to the sound of thunderous applause.”

    Yes, totalitarian governments are best. **** is great. Oh, you made a mistake...force choke to death = Fitting punishment. I used you as a pawn to gain personal power...now you die = Fool me once, shame on me obviously....Tricky Palps. The empire sure was great. Remember when they blew up Alderaan? Such unbelievable/incredible peace and stability...

    But let’s be real: Jedi got their issues (just like any religion), but at least they didn’t blow up entire planets.

    Governments are never perfect, but a republic is much better than a dictatorship. The empire was monstrous in ways human history cannot compare. Search your feelings, you know this to be true. Heck, even Darth Vader jumped ship.
  • TVF
    27500 posts Member
    “So this is how freedom dies...to the sound of thunderous applesauce.”
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Windu is a master of Vaapad, which means he uses part of the dark side in his way to fight with the lightsaber; the longer he fights against dark side users, the stronger he gets, that's why and how he defeated Palpatine (yes, he did defeated him, it was not part of Palpatine's plan, even tho it clearly helped)

    That's why, he's the strongest lightsaber user on Clone Wars era, even better than Yoda
  • LordDirt
    2006 posts Member
    edited February 20
    [But let’s be real: Jedi got their issues (just like any religion), but at least they didn’t blow up entire planets.
    hmm malachor 5 would like to have a word with you

    The Jedi dont like talking about the planet they destroyed. Who could forget what they did to the Mandalorians?
  • LordDirt
    2006 posts Member
    edited February 20
    LordDirt wrote: »
    [But let’s be real: Jedi got their issues (just like any religion), but at least they didn’t blow up entire planets.
    hmm malachor 5 would like to have a word with you

    Who could forget the Mandalorians?

    Or you know how after they won the war against the pure blood sith, they sent all of their jedis and troopers to go and hunt them to extension, causing a massive genocide even though the sith empire had surrendered to the republic

    Yep, who could forget the Sith Holocaust? Wiping millions from multiple planets.
  • LordDirt
    2006 posts Member
    edited February 20
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Windu is a master of Vaapad, which means he uses part of the dark side in his way to fight with the lightsaber; the longer he fights against dark side users, the stronger he gets, that's why and how he defeated Palpatine (yes, he did defeated him, it was not part of Palpatine's plan, even tho it clearly helped)

    That's why, he's the strongest lightsaber user on Clone Wars era, even better than Yoda

    I belive Mace would had been stock in a deadlock, since Palpatine had limitless power

    What about taking away people’s free will and using the Jedi Mind Trick?
    They trust no one. Think they are above the law. Train terrorists. Lie to get their way. They believe they should rule everyone under the Republic and if you dont join them they take your planet over. They dont care about others well being. Staged a coup against the Chancellor. Are ok with assassinations.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    [But let’s be real: Jedi got their issues (just like any religion), but at least they didn’t blow up entire planets.
    hmm malachor 5 would like to have a word with you

    The Jedi dont like talking about the planet they destroyed. Who could forget what they did to the Mandalorians?

    Sorry, didn’t finish CW cartoon show. Nor do I read SW graphic novels, or SW novels for that matter.
  • Yes, totalitarian governments are best. **** is great. Oh, you made a mistake...force choke to death = Fitting punishment. I used you as a pawn to gain personal power...now you die = Fool me once, shame on me obviously....Tricky Palps. The empire sure was great. Remember when they blew up Alderaan? Such unbelievable/incredible peace and stability...
    Everyone in the galaxy knew Alderaan was against the empire and funded the Rebels. Instead of getting trillions killed over a silly rebellion, empire decided to end the war with 1 massive below to the rebellion, (just like how USA beat Japan in ww2) but the rebels in defiance destroyed a moon size space station with billions of people in it, both civilians and army personal were murdered in billions!
    Governments are never perfect, but a republic is much better than a dictatorship. The empire was monstrous in ways human history cannot compare. Search your feelings, you know this to be true. Heck, even Darth Vader jumped ship.
    Republic was so corrupt that caused a massive Civil War in the entire galaxy, they got trillions killed and mass produced clone soldiers against their wills and sent them to war and got them all killed, on top of it they built devices that made it possible to mind control people and make them do whatever they want.

    And let's not* forgot how Republic couldn't even protect its allies against assassination attempts, heck they got their leader kidnapped and almost failed to prevent him getting assassinated

    Right, except your scenario would be like if Germany detonated the bomb over the US or Russia in WW2. Also, the space station had already obliterated a planet with intention to do it again. Where does it stop? The destruction of the weapon, that’s where.

    The emperor caused the civil war. The emperor was behind everything. Now he determines the fates of everyone. Ideal leader. The corruption in the Galactic Senate was quite comparable to what we see in US politics.

    Yes Palpy did a great job getting himself captured. He was a trickster that has influenced even those in the real world to think he is peaceful and just. Sorry, you are simply wrong.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    [But let’s be real: Jedi got their issues (just like any religion), but at least they didn’t blow up entire planets.
    hmm malachor 5 would like to have a word with you

    Who could forget the Mandalorians?

    Or you know how after they won the war against the pure blood sith, they sent all of their jedis and troopers to go and hunt them to extension, causing a massive genocide even though the sith empire had surrendered to the republic

    Yep, who could forget the Sith Holocaust? Wiping millions from multiple planets.

    Because the rule of the sith has always been peaceful and just. Haha, rule of submit or die more like it.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    [But let’s be real: Jedi got their issues (just like any religion), but at least they didn’t blow up entire planets.
    hmm malachor 5 would like to have a word with you

    The Jedi dont like talking about the planet they destroyed. Who could forget what they did to the Mandalorians?

    Also if this is in regard to Clone Wars, the Sith were leading the Jedi via Chancellor Palpatine. If it is not from Clone Wars, then it’s not in my head canon (I simply didn’t enjoy the show enough). This is fiction over many mediums and I simply don’t have the time for all of it.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Windu is a master of Vaapad, which means he uses part of the dark side in his way to fight with the lightsaber; the longer he fights against dark side users, the stronger he gets, that's why and how he defeated Palpatine (yes, he did defeated him, it was not part of Palpatine's plan, even tho it clearly helped)

    That's why, he's the strongest lightsaber user on Clone Wars era, even better than Yoda

    I belive Mace would had been stock in a deadlock, since Palpatine had limitless power

    What about taking away people’s free will and using the Jedi Mind Trick?
    They trust no one. Think they are above the law. Train terrorists. Lie to get their way. They believe they should rule everyone under the Republic and if you dont join them they take your planet over. They dont care about others well being. Staged a coup against the Chancellor. Are ok with assassinations.

    Mind trick; Momentary loss of free will is tiny in comparison to bend the knee or cease to exist.

    Everything else you could easily say about the Sith/empire as well. Except they kill more people showing their disdain for life in the process.
  • Konju wrote: »
    Yes, totalitarian governments are best. **** is great. Oh, you made a mistake...force choke to death = Fitting punishment. I used you as a pawn to gain personal power...now you die = Fool me once, shame on me obviously....Tricky Palps. The empire sure was great. Remember when they blew up Alderaan? Such unbelievable/incredible peace and stability...
    Everyone in the galaxy knew Alderaan was against the empire and funded the Rebels. Instead of getting trillions killed over a silly rebellion, empire decided to end the war with 1 massive below to the rebellion, (just like how USA beat Japan in ww2) but the rebels in defiance destroyed a moon size space station with billions of people in it, both civilians and army personal were murdered in billions!
    Governments are never perfect, but a republic is much better than a dictatorship. The empire was monstrous in ways human history cannot compare. Search your feelings, you know this to be true. Heck, even Darth Vader jumped ship.
    Republic was so corrupt that caused a massive Civil War in the entire galaxy, they got trillions killed and mass produced clone soldiers against their wills and sent them to war and got them all killed, on top of it they built devices that made it possible to mind control people and make them do whatever they want.

    And let's not* forgot how Republic couldn't even protect its allies against assassination attempts, heck they got their leader kidnapped and almost failed to prevent him getting assassinated

    Right, except your scenario would be like if Germany detonated the bomb over the US or Russia in WW2. Also, the space station had already obliterated a planet with intention to do it again. Where does it stop? The destruction of the weapon, that’s where.

    The emperor caused the civil war. The emperor was behind everything. Now he determines the fates of everyone. Ideal leader. The corruption in the Galactic Senate was quite comparable to what we see in US politics.

    Yes Palpy did a great job getting himself captured. He was a trickster that has influenced even those in the real world to think he is peaceful and just. Sorry, you are simply wrong.

    The station was about to end the threat of the rebels, it wouldn't had fired its weapon again after that, it would be used as fear factor against any other group who would dare threaten the peace and stability of the galaxy, just like how a nuclear bomb percents wars to happen.

    They were no emperor when civil war happened, bunch of corrupt senators decided to start the war.

    Chancellor Palpatine didn't get himself captured, Republic defenses failed and let the separatist get into the capital planet of Republic.

    Believe they wouldn’t have used it again at your own peril. 5 planets were destroyed by the FO, guided by Palpy later on. It’s really not the same by any means.

    True, a horrible senator playing both sides who became the emperor started this conflict.

    Believe what you will on Palpy being captured.

    In our world we have Germany and Japan as members of the UN. The empire was not interested in negotiations. Dictatorships are rarely good as individuals are corruptible. Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree.
  • Konju wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Windu is a master of Vaapad, which means he uses part of the dark side in his way to fight with the lightsaber; the longer he fights against dark side users, the stronger he gets, that's why and how he defeated Palpatine (yes, he did defeated him, it was not part of Palpatine's plan, even tho it clearly helped)

    That's why, he's the strongest lightsaber user on Clone Wars era, even better than Yoda

    I belive Mace would had been stock in a deadlock, since Palpatine had limitless power

    What about taking away people’s free will and using the Jedi Mind Trick?
    They trust no one. Think they are above the law. Train terrorists. Lie to get their way. They believe they should rule everyone under the Republic and if you dont join them they take your planet over. They dont care about others well being. Staged a coup against the Chancellor. Are ok with assassinations.

    Mind trick; Momentary loss of free will is tiny in comparison to bend the knee or cease to exist.

    Everything else you could easily say about the Sith/empire as well. Except they kill more people showing their disdain for life in the process.

    You don't want to sell me death sticks, I don't want to sell you death sticks, you want to go home and rethink ur life, I want to go home and rethink my life.
    Yeah definitely not momentary loss of free will

    We never got the epic outcome of the death stick salesman, so who knows, but going home and rethinking your life is an AWFUL outcome there. I hope that thinking didn’t destroy his life.
Sign In or Register to comment.