Give 3v3 A Rest!

Replies

• TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Asking them to take it away from everyone that enjoys it is a much worse comment.

I know that I’m just sharing how I feel. Def don’t want it to go away for others. Many enjoy GAC and that’s fine with me. I don’t expect to like everything.

Many don’t like my favorite mode/event, I get it.

I wasn't referring to you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    Asking them to take it away from everyone that enjoys it is a much worse comment.

You gonna cry?

Why would I? I enjoy GAC and I enjoy SWGOH.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

I know that I’m just sharing how I feel. Def don’t want it to go away for others. Many enjoy GAC and that’s fine with me. I don’t expect to like everything.

Many don’t like my favorite mode/event, I get it.

I wasn't referring to you.

I know. Felt I could clarify better after reading your comment though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You gonna cry?

... I enjoy SWGOH.

I am always a little surprised at how often this doesn't feel like the situation for some people.
  • Options

This is why running two GAC's where you pick the one you want to play, would solve this problem.
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

This is why running two GAC's where you pick the one you want to play, would solve this problem.

Which problem?

• Options
    3x3=9
    3v3=sucks
  • Iy4oy4s
    2942 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Which problem?

3v3 or 5v5. Instead of only getting one choice, why not have two GAC’s running and you choose which one you play in. Don’t like 3v3, then play the 5v5. They could experiment with the second one instead of a 3v3 (4v4, different zones, fleet up front, etc ) to see what works and what doesn’t.
  • Options
    A 50/50 split of 5v5 and 3v3 is perfect in my opinion. We have plenty of 5v5 with TWs so it's nice to get that variety when it comes to Gac.
    For me 3v3 is great fun and takes some real knowledge of specific kits to get the best out of it. 5v5 on the other hand feels like you can hide behind the mechanics of a whole faction far easier and does not leave much room to do your own thing.
  • Options

You gonna cry?
    smh head
  • Options
    Nope, a lot of players enjoy 3v3. I mean I do! But I don’t think I’m the only one...
  • Options

Which problem?

3v3 or 5v5. Instead of only getting one choice, why not have two GAC’s running and you choose which one you play in. Don’t like 3v3, then play the 5v5. They could experiment with the second one instead of a 3v3 (4v4, different zones, fleet up front, etc ) to see what works and what doesn’t.

still just seems an effort to remove 3v3 from the game. Isn't it interesting how everyone who likes 3v3 isn't saying get rid of 5v5 but an awful lot of people who prefer 5v5 say get rid of 3v3? Just seems like some ppl want a simple dump and forget about it mode. Not stopping to go "should I put Arc with Shaak Ti or should I put Clone Sergeant with her?"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    3x3=9
    3v3=sucks

9=sucks ?????

But did you carry the 1?
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    3x3=9
    3v3=sucks

9=sucks ?!?!?!?!?

FTFY

Interrobangs get more clicks.
  • Options

Which problem?

still just seems an effort to remove 3v3 from the game. Isn't it interesting how everyone who likes 3v3 isn't saying get rid of 5v5 but an awful lot of people who prefer 5v5 say get rid of 3v3? Just seems like some ppl want a simple dump and forget about it mode. Not stopping to go "should I put Arc with Shaak Ti or should I put Clone Sergeant with her?"
    Also interesting to note that there are 3 letters in Git and 3 letters in Gud so 3v3 = Git Gud? ;)
  • Options

Which problem?

Im not saying get rid of 3v3, I'm saying that we could have a choice in which type of GAC we sign up for. 5v5 or 3v3, then 5v5 or experimental, then 3v3 or experimental. I want to see the game mode grow because 5v5 and 3v3 is getting old....we need some variety (4v4, ships upfront, faction bonuses, Lightside v Darkside, 2v2, No GL's, etc etc.) We can be the beta testers and if you dont want to play an experimental GAC, then just play the standard one..its a win win for everyone.
  • Options
    The choice thing seems like an interesting option.

I find 3v3 an interesting concept but I also find its longer & takes more time to set up, so it was cool at first for a change but over all I favor the standard 5v5 so I can set up the same as my T-War teams.

Another option would be to have the schedule not be the same for all 4 waves.

So instead of 5v5 x Waves 1-2-3-4
    or 3V3 + Fleet x Waves 1-2-3-4

make it look something like this..........

Wave-1 = 5v5 + Fleet
    Wave-2 = 3v3 (No Fleet)
    Wave-3 = 5v5 + Fleet
    Wave-4 = 5v5 (No Fleet)

Still gives us 1 wave of all 3v3 & a couple times no Fleet nodes.

Maybe some new 4th design option for a week so its not 5V5+Fleet for 2 Waves
  • TVF
    36707 posts Member
    Options

Which problem?

Im not saying get rid of 3v3

Well okay but you responded to my comment responding to this person.
    GAC sucks regardless of 3v3 or 5v5. It’s been played to death, replace it with something different already. So boring, same offenses and defenses, over and over and over and over...
  • Options
    How about a 3v3 TW? That would certainly shake things up, but still everyone should have a good idea about what works and what does not based on the experience from GAC
  • Options

Which problem?

Im not saying get rid of 3v3, I'm saying that we could have a choice in which type of GAC we sign up for. 5v5 or 3v3, then 5v5 or experimental, then 3v3 or experimental. I want to see the game mode grow because 5v5 and 3v3 is getting old....we need some variety (4v4, ships upfront, faction bonuses, Lightside v Darkside, 2v2, No GL's, etc etc.) We can be the beta testers and if you dont want to play an experimental GAC, then just play the standard one..its a win win for everyone.

they already tried that in TW w/faction bonuses and ppl got furious so they changed it all back.
  • Options

Which problem?

they already tried that in TW w/faction bonuses and ppl got furious so they changed it all back.

I know, it was just an example, besides, I like the faction bonuses...some people do, some don’t...just like GAC.
  • Options
    I like 3v3 but I think is a missed opportunity.

3v3 allow newers player to catch up, cause you do not need like 20 decent characters, but 10 or 13. So, you could gave more rewards when it's 3v3, but make it less constant, like wait 2 months and then again 3v3
  • Options

You gonna cry?

Why would I? I enjoy GAC and I enjoy SWGOH.

Hard to tell when you are always insisting on things being quick and easy and tend to shy away from anything that requires actual gameplay or time. You just like it to be easy but I have to respect the fact that you are open and honest about it. Most aren't so kudos to you for the honesty at least. #itsrare
  • Options
    808boss wrote: »
    3v3 takes too long. A lot more battles to get through makes it really painful especially when it’s run alongside TW and Tb . Not fun at all. 5v5 is also getting stale. I’m seeing more auto deploy. Facing 4 GLs that way on defense is a headache.

Can’t please everyone it seems. You have one group that complains there aren’t enough things to do, no reason to log in for anything else than dailies and energy refresh. Then you have the other group that complains there are too many things to do. God forbid there is actual gameplay in a game.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    The choice thing seems like an interesting option.

I find 3v3 an interesting concept but I also find its longer & takes more time to set up, so it was cool at first for a change but over all I favor the standard 5v5 so I can set up the same as my T-War teams.

Another option would be to have the schedule not be the same for all 4 waves.

So instead of 5v5 x Waves 1-2-3-4
    or 3V3 + Fleet x Waves 1-2-3-4

make it look something like this..........

Wave-1 = 5v5 + Fleet
    Wave-2 = 3v3 (No Fleet)
    Wave-3 = 5v5 + Fleet
    Wave-4 = 5v5 (No Fleet)

Still gives us 1 wave of all 3v3 & a couple times no Fleet nodes.

Maybe some new 4th design option for a week so its not 5V5+Fleet for 2 Waves

I think I would enjoy GAC more with a change like this. It’s not really a matter of winning and losing that drives my enjoyment. For me, GAC is just stale week after week of same thing (whether 3v3 or 5v5).
  • Options

Couldn’t agree with this more.
  • Options
    I don't like cats. They should remove all cats from everything. No one should be allowed to have cats.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I don't like cats. They should remove all cats from everything. No one should be allowed to have cats.

You monster.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Can you image all the media that would not exist in a world with no cats..........