What's the best three character core?

I think we can debate who the best character is and that'll last all day cause each character can be good in different lineups, but what is the best three character core?

I've been running Lumi, Qui Gon, and Ahsoka for a while now and I like the speed assists+healing function. I've also seen poggle, geo, and 86 doing good things. What would you guys and gals think is the best three character core in the game?

Replies

• Options
    I basically have an all Sith Team So i would say Sidious, Dooku, Savage.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Rey-Biggs-HRs. Don't believe me? Try it.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    HK47 lead IG88 and IG86
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Rex (L)-Clone Sergeant-Fives
    * With only these three, Fives' special is almost guaranteed to do 10-15K damage.
    * All get great HP from Rex.
    * All get free turn meter whenever anyone is critted.
    * Clone Sergeant gets Crit chance up for both clones in the team, offense up on any crit and 75% chance to gain 50% turn meter.
    * Clone Sergeant has huge AOE turn meter reduction and low cooldown on special. Rex has turn meter reduction on his basic. Both work with Fives' speed reduction to take control of the battle.
    * Rex can not only dispel all debuffs, but will also give all full turn meter while doing so.
    * Plenty of extra turn meter means cooldowns reset extremely fast. Usually, Fives can assist attack twice in a battle, Sergeant can AOE thrice.
  • Options
    Dooku lead + RG + damage dealers:
    The new meta
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    * With only these three, Fives' special is almost guaranteed to do 10-15K damage.
    * Clone Sergeant gets Crit chance up for both clones in the team, offense up on any crit and 75% chance to gain 50% turn meter.
    * Clone Sergeant has huge AOE turn meter reduction and low cooldown on special. Rex has turn meter reduction on his basic. Both work with Fives' speed reduction to take control of the battle.
    * Rex can not only dispel all debuffs, but will also give all full turn meter while doing so.
    * Plenty of extra turn meter means cooldowns reset extremely fast. Usually, Fives can assist attack twice in a battle, Sergeant can AOE thrice.

I do not want to fight this!
  • Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Dooku lead + RG + damage dealers:
    The new meta

this- Rey is best, GS, then 86
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

Interesting..who do you use as the leader?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Poggle+GS+86

With that core you can get these lineups which can counter everything:

1) QGJ/Yoda/Poggle/GS/86 works great vs stun/negative effect teams
    2) Dooku/IG-88/Poggle/GS/86 works great if you like dodges and dps
    3) IG-88/Poggle/GS/86/Luminari works great against speed teams (Lumi heals after they spread their unfocused low damage out)
    4) IG-88/Poggle/Gs/86/RP maxium DPS
    5) Poggle/Poe/86/GS/88 consistent damage
    6) Poggle/QGJ/86/88/GS Assists galore

I would argue that GS/86/88 are just as much a core team since there are a handful of games where I try to minimize my own team's buffs but in general Poggle goes great with all of them. Also I've found 88 to be a better lead on offense since the crits are more important first round than Poggle as lead that works better later when you need reliable increase in damage.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

Biggs is awful. He's the worst assist caller in the game. He doesn't even make Rebel squads.
  • Options
    QGJ, Ahsoka, Yoda
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Could you please write something about what makes this team good? I honestly doubt a lot of us are going to stop our current farming projects and spend the next two months doing this just because some random bloke said it was good. :p

• Options

I hope they release a commander cody soon. that would make this team even better
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    xxakortsxx wrote: »

I hope they release a commander cody soon. that would make this team even better

Hate to admit it, but I'd easily pay up for another Clone. I'm a sucker for that new-car smell, and also Clones are just cool.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Poggle+GS+86

With that core you can get these lineups which can counter everything:

1) QGJ/Yoda/Poggle/GS/86 works great vs stun/negative effect teams
    2) Dooku/IG-88/Poggle/GS/86 works great if you like dodges and dps
    3) IG-88/Poggle/GS/86/Luminari works great against speed teams (Lumi heals after they spread their unfocused low damage out)
    4) IG-88/Poggle/Gs/86/RP maxium DPS
    5) Poggle/Poe/86/GS/88 consistent damage
    6) Poggle/QGJ/86/88/GS Assists galore

I would argue that GS/86/88 are just as much a core team since there are a handful of games where I try to minimize my own team's buffs but in general Poggle goes great with all of them. Also I've found 88 to be a better lead on offense since the crits are more important first round than Poggle as lead that works better later when you need reliable increase in damage.
    I'm a big fan of the Poggle/GS/86 core as well. I use:

Poggle/GS/86/Han/Phasma that works pretty well. Swapping RG for Han can help against faster teams, too and you still get VM.

I've been contemplating your team 1 as well. My QGJ is about to 7 and I just got Yoda to 6.

I don't have 88 and my Dooku is only 5 stars, but team 2 with RP over 88 has been in the back of my mind.