Dooku or GS?

benacrow
2700 posts Member
edited April 2016
With the new cap increase, I've decided to conform and farm more meta-viable toons. That being said, and assuming they stay useful in the new (eventual) meta, who should I farm from cantina battles: Dooku or GS?

I'm FTP so I can only do one, not both. Hopefully this provides some insight to other FTP players with a similar dilemma.

I run Phasma (L), Sid, Poe, Poggle, and QGJ/Kylo all maxed.
FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

Dooku or GS? 46 votes

Dooku
50%
kozakjanosCartoniMcPot45Gobear5555AnubisReyiaBoba_The_FetterDaddyngo007WildGruntBrazilian_JoeCurryforthreeCPMPRAYRAYNoSpoilQleakmorcseaslickdealerMinionJbizzyGRex 23 votes
GS (Geonosian)
21%
ichotolotSmithieSilleckDingleTingleKelrakLuke6108ToukailunarwolfRonin_MonkVVS 10 votes
Scrap both and farm...
28%
cosmicturtle333SilleckMegadeth3700Giodude2000PetrozzaKingOfLosingBeewlBdcampbell3623MasterNonsencethecuriousocelotIAmExceptionKit_FistoDrewPowerz 13 votes

Replies

• Options
    Scrap both and farm...
    In a couple of weeks we will have a completely different meta with massive changes.

Starting a farm on a hero now is fairly silly and may be pointless.

Farm Chief Chirpa because he is cool.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    In a couple of weeks we will have a completely different meta with massive changes.

Haha sweet. I already did Plo Koon for the Yoda challenge (5*) so maybe I'll just continue with him
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Haha sweet. I already did Plo Koon for the Yoda challenge (5*) so maybe I'll just continue with him

Or maybe Ugnaut meta is next??
  • Options
    Scrap both and farm...
    ...anything else. Please.
  • Options
    Scrap both and farm...

This. But I prefer Teebo - he is cool. Back to topic - You can try Resistance Solder for Your Poe and his expose. 30 free shards for login can help a bit in that.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    ...anything else. Please.

Well recently I've been slipping on defense and struggle to hit top 50 when I used to hold top 10. I don't want to farm either per se, but I want to stay competitive and not really sure what else I can do.
  • Options
    I'm farming lando because of that cape
  • Options
    Not pointless at all, farm him. GS is very viable
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

This. But I prefer Teebo - he is cool. Back to topic - You can try Resistance Solder for Your Poe and his expose. 30 free shards for login can help a bit in that.

Agreed Teebo is very fun to use! But is Resistance soldier any good for arena? He looks interesting but I've never put much though into using him.
  • Options
    Dooku
    Ungnaught.

Needs no explanation, it's like saying "I'm Batman." The statement is self-explanatory.
  • Options
    I'm farming lando because of that cape
    Best logic ever lol
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Options
    Scrap both and farm...
    SlyBeats wrote: »

He is definitely viable, in this meta, which will last two more weeks.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Scrap both and farm...
    benacrow wrote: »

Agreed Teebo is very fun to use! But is Resistance soldier any good for arena? He looks interesting but I've never put much though into using him.

that was not info - just my thinking. RS gain TM on expose. I'll try he in company with Poe and RP. I just farm him (RS).
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »

He is definitely viable, in this meta, which will last two more weeks.

Do you have any advice (until the new meta) to avoid droping in the ranks? Not too sure what to change but if it stays this way I may get pushed to top 200 which is not ideal.
  • Options
    GS (Geonosian)
    GS is solid and easy farm, faster than dooku as each attempt is much cheaper in cantina energy

GS also works well with your Poggle

however, Dooku is probably the top tog currently due to his leader ability. if you plan to keep Phasma as leader then Dooku is not as appealing as GS

could this change in the future, maybe/probably. only the gods know for sure

in the meantime keep on farmin ;) either choice can't be bad, even a nerf would still make these characters usefull, even if others toons surpass them

my 2 cents
  • Options
    Dooku
    I really don't think you can do wrong by dooku. he's fast and a jedi slaying beast. He's not as powerful as GS which is why I think he will be untouched and useful in the next round.
  • Options
    Dooku
    Meta doesnt really shift in 90 degree angles more just swerves a bit. So toons who are meta now may still be or at least very usable with new metas. I dont think its a mistake to do dooku right now. As i recall we went from high speed high damage to high speed high damage and all thay changed was poe was less useful and now dooku and/pr QGJ are tops
  • Options
    Dooku
    Dooku has more utility (stuns and ability blocks).

When time to kill is raised, utility will be more important. Farm Dooku.
  • Options
    Scrap both and farm...
    Healers for GW. It is only going to get harder as opponents get to level 80. They are the only sure thing at this stage.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    lunarwolf wrote: »
    GS is solid and easy farm, faster than dooku as each attempt is much cheaper in cantina energy

GS also works well with your Poggle

however, Dooku is probably the top tog currently due to his leader ability. if you plan to keep Phasma as leader then Dooku is not as appealing as GS

could this change in the future, maybe/probably. only the gods know for sure

in the meantime keep on farmin ;) either choice can't be bad, even a nerf would still make these characters usefull, even if others toons surpass them

my 2 cents

That's some good 2 cents ;) and thanks for the input! I plan on keeping Phasma as leader for the foreseeable future so that's a good reason for GS.
    Dooku has more utility (stuns and ability blocks).

When time to kill is raised, utility will be more important. Farm Dooku.

Very good point for farming Dooku, and I have him currently higher level (* and gear) than GS. Good arguments for both though so I'll have to do some thinking lol