Weekly community update?

Higher
165 posts Member
Well it's friday, when does it happen?

what do you guys wish to see from the community update?

Replies

• Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I.want to know when they will add new ways to earn gear.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    World peace! Is it too much to ask for that? o:)
  • Options
    it would be cool if they said hey April fools! Free shards for erebody
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I've been defending the dev team here, on Reddit, and to guildies, saying today's community update will explain all.
    If it doesn't come out today- like gmt today not Pst, then i will have lost faith myself.

I'm sure it will.
    {RotE}
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Who knows what will happen but what NEEDS to happen is that Jesse to spell out 2 things.
    1. What are the plans for more content and events-we need specifics, not veiled generalities.
    2. What is going on with the balancing patch and more information on what direction the devs are going (so we can extrapolate and begin to raise up toons that we think could be more viable.) Again, we need specifics.

If he came out and stated some specifics for those two topics, it would go a long way.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Any and all actions from the devs will always be during business hours on the west coast. We haven't even had our morning coffe yet out here. Relax, it will come.
  • Options
    Last week it arrived 11.30pm GMT - that's 6.5 hours from now.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Who knows what will happen but what NEEDS to happen is that Jesse to spell out 2 things.
    1. What are the plans for more content and events-we need specifics, not veiled generalities.
    2. What is going on with the balancing patch and more information on what direction the devs are going (so we can extrapolate and begin to raise up toons that we think could be more viable.) Again, we need specifics.

If he came out and stated some specifics for those two topics, it would go a long way.

Definitely need more information on the combat changes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Sadly, what I think we will get is a summary of what we already know (i.e. the details about the update) - in a way that tries to paint the Yoda "surprise" is a positive light. As far as longer term balancing and content we will get veiled generalities.

It's clear that the development team either doesn't want the community to know things in advance intentionally, or that they simply don't care enough to let Jesse know so he can pass them along.

I too am losing faith in the long term direction of this game and how updates are being handled in general.

I commented in a different thread that all we have asked for is communication - someone pointed to the Friday updates - the first one mentioned the cap level increase, the plan to change the game balance ("defense will have a more prominent...") and the long term "the team is working on the next major...hope to share details..." The second was MUCH more detailed - it said the cap raise was going live "next week"....and that the second part from the previous update was being postponed...and that the team is "still hard at work on the next major update. Really looking forward to sharing details about this in the future" - so again, veiled generalities.

Any mention of the Yoda event? No (not unless you count the "surprise" line in the notes the day before). Any mention of the Poe/Phasma shards? Nope. Gear changes weren't mentioned in the Friday updates either.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sadly, what I think we will get is a summary of what we already know (i.e. the details about the update) - in a way that tries to paint the Yoda "surprise" is a positive light. As far as longer term balancing and content we will get veiled generalities.

It's clear that the development team either doesn't want the community to know things in advance intentionally, or that they simply don't care enough to let Jesse know so he can pass them along.

I too am losing faith in the long term direction of this game and how updates are being handled in general.

I commented in a different thread that all we have asked for is communication - someone pointed to the Friday updates - the first one mentioned the cap level increase, the plan to change the game balance ("defense will have a more prominent...") and the long term "the team is working on the next major...hope to share details..." The second was MUCH more detailed - it said the cap raise was going live "next week"....and that the second part from the previous update was being postponed...and that the team is "still hard at work on the next major update. Really looking forward to sharing details about this in the future" - so again, veiled generalities.

Any mention of the Yoda event? No (not unless you count the "surprise" line in the notes the day before). Any mention of the Poe/Phasma shards? Nope. Gear changes weren't mentioned in the Friday updates either.

You are right on all counts. But after this patch, they have an opportunity to make it right by giving us details of what is upcoming. There is no reasonable or logical explanation for not giving us more details on the direction of the game, unless they have no clue what it is. I understand them not giving us specific DATES, but they should be able to share what new game modes are coming, what is being prioritized and what direction they are going to go with specific characters (or at least character types).

Sadly, not giving us that information leads me and many others to believe that incompetence is the reason and they really don't have a clue of what is upcoming. You better believe that if they have new content planned for the next major release, and if that major release is coming in a few weeks, they know EXACTLY what that content is.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that there should be more playable content, the increased requirements would be less important if we had more to play through that meant something
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Higher wrote: »
    I think the problem is that there should be more playable content, the increased requirements would be less important if we had more to play through that meant something

I would be happy with this, i dont mind more grinding if it's accomponied by more content that isn't farming but helps with farming.
    {RotE}
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    If you want a community update look at the front page of the Reddit sub.

TL:DR the community is shrinking.
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Higher wrote: »

I would be happy with this, i dont mind more grinding if it's accomponied by more content that isn't farming but helps with farming.

Agree
  • Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    World peace! Is it too much to ask for that? o:)

This is more likely than new content.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

U wot

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

At the very least, many are likely simply sitting in quiet resignation. :|
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Slayer
    46 posts Member
    Options
    They seem to be based in California so any updates should happen end of day PDT at the latest
  • Options
    There will be a community update today.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks Monkey. You are a help to the community. Even the tiny bits of information you can share really help calm the storm!
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    lol ... who really believed that? weekly information ... dude, thats work and you might provide informations, its not the age to get any information for free.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

Thanks Monkey. You are a help to the community. Even the tiny bits of information you can share really help calm the storm!

You are welcome! Just trying to help :)
  • Options

Thanks
  • Options

Thank you for communicating.
  • Options
    I really don't think Yoda coming back was the surprise they were intending. It doesn't make sense. Even as out of touch as they can seem to be (sometimes), they had to have known coming back, early, with no timer and no warning would create just as much grief as it did joy. I believe there was something else they were working on and it didn't happen in time so they through in Yoda as a hail Mary to put in something.

Lots of signs pointing to lack of resources on this game. They are missing a prime time to pump up Star Wars with the Rebels Season Finale and TFA coming out to video this week. The Android folks got Poe shards, nothing for IoS or overall. The only new content since the start has been a shard shop, a few new characters, and a special event that can only be played once and has been recycled 3 times.

So much potential, such a visually beautiful game, a player base that's willing to give every benefit of the doubt to a franchise that it loves in hopes that it will live up to it all... but hope is fading.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    Ewakawaka wrote: »
    I really don't think Yoda coming back was the surprise they were intending. It doesn't make sense. Even as out of touch as they can seem to be (sometimes), they had to have known coming back, early, with no timer and no warning would create just as much grief as it did joy. I believe there was something else they were working on and it didn't happen in time so they through in Yoda as a hail Mary to put in something.

Lots of signs pointing to lack of resources on this game. They are missing a prime time to pump up Star Wars with the Rebels Season Finale and TFA coming out to video this week. The Android folks got Poe shards, nothing for IoS or overall. The only new content since the start has been a shard shop, a few new characters, and a special event that can only be played once and has been recycled 3 times.

So much potential, such a visually beautiful game, a player base that's willing to give every benefit of the doubt to a franchise that it loves in hopes that it will live up to it all... but hope is fading.

+1 it's a shame really, painful to watch such potential be flushed down the tubes by a company who just doesn't seem to care or simply lacks the technical skills to take this game any further.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    Now seeing the notes, does that mean there's gonna be new content for the gear?