Do my star characters stay after i buy the Hyperdrive Bundle?

Korban
100 posts Member
Ok, so i have many 7 star characters already at about lvl 50+, but i'm way too tired of the slow grind and want to buy the 85 bundle.

Question is: will my already 7 starred characters retain their stats, or will they be overwritten with lesser star characters?

Replies

• Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hol up don't buy it yet, look at ur arena mates, if they are already way ahead of you then it's pointless, it might be better to just start a new account and get into a brand new shard and go straight to the top of the arena.

No it won't overrated their lvl, gear or stars,
  • Hortus
    658 posts Member
    Options
    Korban wrote: »
    will my already 7 starred characters retain their stats

Yes.

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The will stay at 7 * while the rest of the shards will transform into shard shop currency
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    The will stay at 7 * while the rest of the shards will transform into shard shop currency

if i recall correctly they dont get converted to shard shop currency
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

No. You don't get shard shop currency. There are no shards in the conventional sense in the bundle.

Any sub-5* HB character is promoted to 5*. If they are 35/65, the bundle tops up the remaining 30 shards and promotes the character.

If you have 160 shards of a character but you haven't unlocked them yet (145 required for 5*), the bundle activates and promotes the character, and you are left with a 5* character and 15/85 towards 6*.

The bundle uses up what you have first, then tops up if needed. If you have someone already at 5*, the bundle does not give any further shards.
  • Options
    IMO that start of game grind and level/power progression was some of the most excitement and fun, as well as good pacing, I had in the game. The thrill of hitting level milestones, getting the energy top up, unlocking abilities, etc. IMO skipping all of that is like skipping the story and grinding, and leveling up a character in an RPG, and going immediately to the endgame final dungeons, which are often power-gated or RNG based. Before you pull the trigger just consider what you're missing. If you want to still support the game but enjoy the account development experience you can always 'vote with your wallet' and buy 5 of the $20 marquee packs you like most.

Just my $0.02
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Bought the Bundle and could not be happier. (but only because i had had so much stuff and chars grinded already) Real game srarts at 85.
  • Morgoth01
    533 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Also, that bundle is so far and above the value from any other thing you can buy in the game it’s almost silly not to buy it if you are a spender, regardless of your level.
    Enjoy all your new toons and gear :)
  • Options
    I would love to see a hyperdrive 2.0 with endgame material.