Duration of Conquest Should be Shorter

Prev1
Conquest is great! I believe it's the best PvE game mode in the history of this game, so thank you. Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, let's talk about my one gripe. Conquest should not run only once a month as proposed originally. It's engaging, the data discs are a theory crafters dream, and a lot of players are maxing out rewards before the completion deadline already. My solution that I believe would benefit both the players and the developers would be to adjust the length of conquest to 7-10 days and run it twice a month. This would encourage players to spend resources in order to complete conquest (something the devs I'm sure would be excited to see) while also giving the players the rewards that come with conquest twice a month. It's a win-win. Thoughts?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They will not double the rewards, and therefore it is pointless to shorten the duration.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    They will not double the rewards, and therefore it is pointless to shorten the duration.

I'm not so sure about that. One has to think that conquest, while a smashing success for most players, hasn't led to an immediate return on investment for the devs. If CG can get the average player to spend 200-300 on crystals to achieve greater rewards for every conquest, that might be a fair trade. If the player doesn't spend crystals on refreshes than they get a lower reward box and it kinda evens out over 2 conquests. Meanwhile, some elite players (and spenders) get the exclusive new units that are being introduced a lot faster. I'm sure there are things about this idea that some people on both sides won't agree with, but overall it's more beneficial to everyone than what we have currently.
  • Options
    Very bad idea to nerf conquest to force us to use crystals.
  • Options

No one is forced to use crystals. With 2 conquests a month the average player that doesn't spend crystals would make out the same or even better than if they had the extra time. Conquest could become even more engaging because every battle matters as opposed to what we have right now, which is an extra 3+ days where some are completely done with nothing to do.
  • Options
    You can still have 2 a month if they last 15 days (except february, of course).
    On those 3 days you can test teams, data disk combinations... or you can rest, same as you would if you had to wait 3 days for the next conquest. Nerfing is bad.
  • Options
    Having a busy work and family schedule I am finding a two week time frame to be just about right. I would say that the majority of the players in my guild and in my previous guild are in the same boat as me.... this may be a small sample size but we are 300 mil gp and very competitive.. I I would say we are a good guide to compare across the game.
    To shorten it would put serious pressure on my limited free time in the evenings. The way it's set out now I can pop on everyday and use all my free energy whilst being able to do the odd refresh when I get a bit of extra time.... it's perfect.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love if top chest has better rewards but even harder to attain. Currently everyone above a gp point is going for it with no crystal usage neutering any possible advantage of the rewards.
  • Options
    Cehmybro wrote: »

No one is forced to use crystals. With 2 conquests a month the average player that doesn't spend crystals would make out the same or even better than if they had the extra time. Conquest could become even more engaging because every battle matters as opposed to what we have right now, which is an extra 3+ days where some are completely done with nothing to do.
    But at the moment people can reasonably easily earn max rewards without spending crystals.

If some are finished with nothing to do for 3+ days, an easier to implement solution is for them to slow down and spend fewer crystals.
  • flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    I have to disagree on making it shorter. i think 14 days is perfect, and honestly while i think some players would be happy to get "rewards sooner" it will annoy many others that they cant get more rewards because they have less time to do the battles and get better chests. and better chests are a good thing since some have gear/items that the lower chests dont have (like the hard t6 chest has r8 aeromagnifier, but t5 and below dont) i'd rather be able to earn that then a few extra electrum conductors from getting 2 t5 chests a month, for example.

also if they shorten it they would also need to be adjusting stamina refresh and energy gain time which just sounds annoying to get right for them.
  • Options
    Just no, I personally need to spend an hour everyday doing arena and fleet battles, another 20 to 30 when there is TW/TB. Solid 40+ for rancor, other events that run throughout the day, 40 mins for GAC, having to do 10 to 20 extra battles per day for conquest is going to be way too much. Leave it be as it is
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Just no, I personally need to spend an hour everyday doing arena and fleet battles, another 20 to 30 when there is TW/TB. Solid 40+ for rancor, other events that run throughout the day, 40 mins for GAC, having to do 10 to 20 extra battles per day for conquest is going to be way too much. Leave it be as it is

Exactly this. Some people don't realize how time consuming this game already is - and it's only getting worse. My average screen time is 3 hours. That's insane even though I'm not actively playing the whole time. Sometimes it's just me waiting for another arena attempt or the game is on auto.
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely don't shortern the duration. Love how I can pace the battles, depending on RL commitments. It'd be even better to do away with energy (and, for example, let me play the mode more on weekends), but that's another story.

In any case, I firmly believe they will introduce a new "Challenge" tier soon (either that or they'll do a massive nerf on the data disks).

Conquest (for now) seems to be more tuned to the low-mid to high-mid range players (between 2-5M GP) and I love this. Not everything new has to be exclusive to the 9M krakens or the "end-game" crowd.
  • Options
    The current timeframe is good because it allows the user to complete conquest free-to-play
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Horrible idea. 2 weeks is perfect. People have jobs and RL so being able to play without needing to spend crystals is just fine.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Horrible idea. 2 weeks is perfect. People have jobs and RL so being able to play without needing to spend crystals is just fine.

I see the concern for QOL. However, the rewards would be the same if you don't spend since we would get two of these things a month. Right now the plan is for 1 a month. That's 2 and a half weeks with nothing to play. The perfect scenario is CG running Conquest back-to-back, but they need incentive too.
  • Options
    I think people are overlooking that the way it is now is not the proposed format of Conquest that we got upon release. The plan (so far) is one a month. My solution, while not perfect, gives both sides incentive to have more of what we can all agree is a pretty fantastic game mode.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    It is going to feel weird to have Conquest active half the time and not the other half. What will we do when it's not active? :p get our lives back for two weeks? ahah
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    It is going to feel weird to have Conquest active half the time and not the other half. What will we do when it's not active? :p get our lives back for two weeks? ahah

I guess an easy rebuttal to your statement is that you can always choose not to play. For months the player base was asking for more content. As a higher GP player maybe my experience of about 20min a day for conquest differs from a lot of the people voicing concerns. However, developers should probably cater to people who want to play their game more.
  • Options
    I think people are overlooking that the way it is now is not the proposed format of Conquest that we got upon release. The plan (so far) is one a month. My solution, while not perfect, gives both sides incentive to have more of what we can all agree is a pretty fantastic game mode.
    Why stop there?

Let’s have TB running every week, TWs running every week, GAC never taking a day off, all assault battles running twice weekly...
  • Options
    Why stop there?

Let’s have TB running every week, TWs running every week, GAC never taking a day off, all assault battles running twice weekly...

The first two (TB and TW) are very different because the individual player is not in complete control of those outcomes. As far as your last two sarcastic ideas, I think you'll find a lot of people would actually be in favor of them. GAC is the best thing in this game for many who play, I know a lot of people who wish there was never a break in-between seasons or that players could randomly start an exhibition with one of their friends during the off-season. Obviously all Assault battles twice weekly is nonsense; but, more Assault Battles, while tedious, would be an easy way alleviate the gear crunch.
  • Options
    You raised the point of people complaining that there’s not enough to do.

I read just as many complaints that there’s too much to do.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    You raised the point of people complaining that there’s not enough to do.

I read just as many complaints that there’s too much to do.

me.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    No, duration is great the way it is
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I see the concern for QOL. However, the rewards would be the same if you don't spend since we would get two of these things a month. Right now the plan is for 1 a month. That's 2 and a half weeks with nothing to play. The perfect scenario is CG running Conquest back-to-back, but they need incentive too.

They have no plans on running them more frequently and in their mind that is not the perfect scenario. The timeframe is built in to reward players who progress over time, decreasing the cost as the runs become more "perfect" or increasing rewards, depending on play style.

As they add things they are always trying to balance play time vs everything else. They always want to keep a balance, and as this and other things are added, they will remove or make things simmable. There is also a balance of player income that they try to keep, which is a factor in the rewards here and the frequency of the event.
  • Options
    Don't change anything with the timeframe of this event. It's inclusive to all players as it is and is a perfect balance for both casual and hardcore players. Conquest is the best product they've ever delivered and is close to being perfect. I'm all for them running these back to back twice a month but as Kyno points out they are considering resource income here. It is what it is but I think the timeframe of the event is absolutely perfect. It's almost as if there was a lot of thought and testing that went into this one. Imagine that!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    OP reminds the teacher they didn't give homework. good grief, just no
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I Just think the box could be collected, right after you reach them, or finish the Conquest.
    Its good to us, players and the Mother CG. Ppl gonna use cristals to finish, as they can.
  • Options
    I Just think the box could be collected, right after you reach them, or finish the Conquest.
    Its good to us, players and the Mother CG. Ppl gonna use cristals to finish, as they can.
  • flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options

again rewards arent the same if you dont reach the higher boxes. some higher boxes have more exclusive rewards that lower dont.
  • Options
    It's great as is, gives plenty of time for anyone to be able to try different things to maximize the rewards they can get, not everyone has endless amounts of free time or crystals to blow though the new game mode a fast as possible, really what's the rush? 14 days is more than enough time
    no need to rush or burn crystals. There are much better things to use crystals on. Really the only aspect I don't like is the stamina.