Duration of Conquest Should be Shorter

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Leave the timealone. Remove the mk4 stun guns from the store
  • Options
    Cehmybro wrote: »
    Conquest is great! I believe it's the best PvE game mode in the history of this game, so thank you. Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, let's talk about my one gripe. Conquest should not run only once a month as proposed originally. It's engaging, the data discs are a theory crafters dream, and a lot of players are maxing out rewards before the completion deadline already. My solution that I believe would benefit both the players and the developers would be to adjust the length of conquest to 7-10 days and run it twice a month. This would encourage players to spend resources in order to complete conquest (something the devs I'm sure would be excited to see) while also giving the players the rewards that come with conquest twice a month. It's a win-win. Thoughts?

Of all the feedback you could give them, this type is least useful. They are still releasing this and tweaking it. 1 of the immediate queries they do is run the numbers on who is completing what and when. They will make adjustments accordingly.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Leave the timealone. Remove the mk4 stun guns from the store

And rewards crates. Mk4 carbs can go too.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer not having to rush to finish it all. Don't shorten the duration.
  • Options
    “Oh look what a beautiful day it is! The sun is shining, flowers are blossoming, the air is warm and fragrant. Let’s have a walk to the park with the kids.”
    “Nah, you go. I have a conquest to finish.”

Please, don’t.
  • Options
    No. They just need to fill the other two weeks with something different. Having the same game mode running all the time like GAC is not fun. I am really bored with GAC already. There should always be something to do but it shouldn't be the same thing all the time.
  • Options
    They should just add a button for players to claim the loot and run a payout procedure every 24 hours.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    /
  • Options
    Very bad idea to nerf conquest to force us to use crystals.

No one is forced to use crystals. With 2 conquests a month the average player that doesn't spend crystals would make out the same or even better than if they had the extra time. Conquest could become even more engaging because every battle matters as opposed to what we have right now, which is an extra 3+ days where some are completely done with nothing to do.

You forget that there are rewards in the max crates that isn't available in the lower tiers, so if you'd shorten the duration then a lot of people wouldn't get those rewards and 2 times zero is still zero
  • Hortus
    624 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Instead of shortening duration they could just make final reward box available immediately after reaching it without waiting for the end of the event. It's win-win situation, those who can and want rush to the end for whatever reasons could get rewards faster, and those who play with usual pace won't be affected at all.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    Instead of shortening duration they could just make final reward box available immediately after reaching it without waiting for the end of the event. It's win-win situation, those who can and want rush to the end for whatever reasons could get rewards faster, and those who play with usual pace won't be affected at all.

They could also not do that because it's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    current schedule is good imo
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I’m fine with it running for two weeks.

I also think there’s no need for people to get rewards faster. It’s a mobile game that is played over years, so being patient is part of the gameplay.

They may already have plans for the other two weeks as well. They’ve said they used all that time redoing the code so they could release more content faster.
  • Options
    I think people are overlooking that the way it is now is not the proposed format of Conquest that we got upon release. The plan (so far) is one a month. My solution, while not perfect, gives both sides incentive to have more of what we can all agree is a pretty fantastic game mode.
    Why stop there?

Let’s have TB running every week, TWs running every week, GAC never taking a day off, all assault battles running twice weekly...

The first two (TB and TW) are very different because the individual player is not in complete control of those outcomes. As far as your last two sarcastic ideas, I think you'll find a lot of people would actually be in favor of them. GAC is the best thing in this game for many who play, I know a lot of people who wish there was never a break in-between seasons or that players could randomly start an exhibition with one of their friends during the off-season. Obviously all Assault battles twice weekly is nonsense; but, more Assault Battles, while tedious, would be an easy way alleviate the gear crunch.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Not interested, as it is14 days, is perfect.
  • Options
    I think people are overlooking that the way it is now is not the proposed format of Conquest that we got upon release. The plan (so far) is one a month. My solution, while not perfect, gives both sides incentive to have more of what we can all agree is a pretty fantastic game mode.
    Why stop there?

Let’s have TB running every week, TWs running every week, GAC never taking a day off, all assault battles running twice weekly...

The first two (TB and TW) are very different because the individual player is not in complete control of those outcomes. As far as your last two sarcastic ideas, I think you'll find a lot of people would actually be in favor of them. GAC is the best thing in this game for many who play, I know a lot of people who wish there was never a break in-between seasons or that players could randomly start an exhibition with one of their friends during the off-season. Obviously all Assault battles twice weekly is nonsense; but, more Assault Battles, while tedious, would be an easy way alleviate the gear crunch.

Why would CG want an "easy way to alleviate the gear crunch"? How do you think they make their money?
    Anyway, it's an absurd question - 2 weeks is fine.
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »

They could also not do that because it's fine.

Now I've been put in a position of agreeing with TVF, smh @ OP

It'll pass - but get some rest for now.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Just wait until CG release the "Nightmare" difficulty level for Conquest, then you would probably ask them to prolong the duration...
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Options
    The length of the conquest is perfect. Unless you want to recharge energy and play like crazy. I actually enjoy this event. The normal difficult felt like it was too long but this hard mode, is well calibrated. If you ask the players to play 2 of this in the month will end in a massive burn out.
  • Options
    It’s still in beta, let’s wait and see the final version. I think it will be much harder to complete. We’ll see then if as many people wants it to be shorter and/or more often.
  • Options
    One of the worst ideas I’ve seen on the forums in years. Impressive. Most impressive.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    14 days is nice, I don’t like to be rushed.

This is still in the test phase, so if any changes are coming ; feedback is essential .
  • Options
    I just got max crate on normal today with 2 days left. I spent 300 crystals on refreshes over the course of this second Galactic Conquest. If it were shorter than 14 days, I would have spent those crytals and not earned the top crate. I am definitely against making it shorter. I think the pacing is good.
  • Options
    I settled for crate 6, missed most of the boss feats. I have to disagree with OP, the length is fine.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    *EDIT* Fake news.
    Post edited by Vendi1983 on
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Same glitch as last time. Only one drop from each rewards crate.

Did you do normal mode?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hard, red crate. Unless I just am terrible at reading comprehension. Looks like it's supposed to be 1 drop from each crate for Hard Red. Disregard.