Any offical word from the Devs about fixing Savage?

2Next

Replies

• Fade5x
    73 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse Any word on this bug fix? Or is savage supposed to give his buffs up before the turn is over?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in how QGJ works against Savage. I liked how Savage worked when I borrowed him and decided to unlock him before Sid. Since then, I've maxed both out and tried Savage out in arena knowing full well the advantages QGJ teams get. He's a beast and has plenty of health. On offense l, I could win because of that despite giving offense to the other team. On defense, the team sucks and if I don't take him out for the last match I lose many places. Sadly, I decided to put him on the bench until QGJ becomes unpopular, which is unlikely, or if this scenario ever changes.

Sadly, one of my goals is to run a Sith team. Can't happen with Savage on the bench.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Here's an issue though. If they change the order, you could try to stun a counter toon, he would counter and then be stunned....so either order will have negative ramifications.
  • Options
    The design team is looking into this more and how they can adjust the way Savage works and how QGJ can easily steal a buff from him. When we have a change ready you'll see it in the update notes.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Fade5x
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Here's an issue though. If they change the order, you could try to stun a counter toon, he would counter and then be stunned....so either order will have negative ramifications.

Well basically now. QGJ hits an unbuffed Savage, Savage buffs himself, QGJ removes the buffs and gives offense up, Savage no longer has any buffs as he did befor the turn. All that happens in one turn. You can't take something that's not even there before the turn started, doesn't make sense.
  • Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Looks like savage gets to ride the bench for a while. Glad you guys are looking in to it.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    The design team is looking into this more and how they can adjust the way Savage works and how QGJ can easily steal a buff from him. When we have a change ready you'll see it in the update notes.

Thank you for at least saying this. Ultimately, even if something is "negative for some/all players as a whole" it's much better letting us know rather than having to speculate on why something is or is not happening. Might be a bitter pill to originally swallow but it's better than having swallowed a pill and no idea if it's meant to help or kill you and not knowing why you even swallowed it :blush:

I eat about 20 pills a day for my injury and resultant chronic pain so using a pill metaphor was too easy heh
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options

Nice to see that there might still be some hope for a fix.
  • Fade5x
    73 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for the timely response. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    If the fix this the QGJ should get the offence up when he kills someone with a buff, also Rins counter attack.should get debuffed before he can attack. It's all about the attack order you change that you change a lot more things and QGJ gets a buff.
  • Options
    This is not a savage bug. This is caused by broken mechanism within Humbling Blow function. There are multiple other issues with other characters that are caused by this. Like remove counter off Kylo, yet he counters anyway. Or no offence up on killing blow. Or offence up on hitting advantage, but no offence up if it's on the second advantage hit.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    The second advantage disappears because the hit counts first the the effect then the debuff. To me it is working in the proper order and changing it would buff the crap out of QGJ.
  • Options
    If SO's buffs were totally removed from his kit, hed be better. That says a lot.
  • Options
    C81kennedy wrote: »
    The second advantage disappears because the hit counts first the the effect then the debuff. To me it is working in the proper order and changing it would buff the crap out of QGJ.

Not really considering their changing advantage anyway... It would more so affect him not getting free offence up off of Savage and not getting countered by Kylo after removing his counter.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    The AI QGJ did this to me today in arena. Subsequently I lost the battle.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    QG works consistently in all cases. I'm not sure giving offense up on killing blows is a good idea. Makes him even more powerful.

The counter would be a nice fix.

If the removal comes first humbling blow could also remove foresight then give damage on that attack. He'd also likely have the GS problem of getting the o-up buff on the same attack.