Guild Events Store - Anything new predicted?

I have all the toons and ships from that store at 7*, is it safe to start spending my GET1 and GET2 on gear?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is no statement that they are not going to add a new character to that store, safest bet is to build up a stock and then spend after that point.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Keith_Solo wrote: »
    I have all the toons and ships from that store at 7*, is it safe to start spending my GET1 and GET2 on gear?

I generally try to hover at 70k of each. An EC character will need 69k to 7*, and a GET-only character (Hoda, Wampa, Malevolence, Negotiator) is 89k. Having 70k ensures I can finish an EC right away, and can unlock a new character immediately.
  • Gobe
    10 posts Member
    Options
    i do hoard it to some point but at the end of a project i start buying stuff with it. I dont think they will change the shop anymore but you never know. Others will be prepared i wont be.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I generally try to hover at 70k of each. An EC character will need 69k to 7*, and a GET-only character (Hoda, Wampa, Malevolence, Negotiator) is 89k. Having 70k ensures I can finish an EC right away, and can unlock a new character immediately.

Under the assumption that the new char/ship would have the same cost as the previous ones. They already increased the cost back then for Malak (1900 for 5 shards instead of 1350).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Under the assumption that the new char/ship would have the same cost as the previous ones. They already increased the cost back then for Malak (1900 for 5 shards instead of 1350).

No they didn't. Malak and GAS are the same cost; Hoda, Wampa, Malevolence and Negotiator are all the same cost.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

No they didn't. Malak and GAS are the same cost; Hoda, Wampa, Malevolence and Negotiator are all the same cost.

When Malak was released he was not following the 1350/5 shards cost but 1900/5 shards instead. So yes, they did increase the cost for those new chars (Malak and then later GAS). Who says that a new exclusive char is going to be either 1350/5 shards or 1900/5 shards? They could very well make it 2450/5 shards for a new char if they want to.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

When Malak was released he was not following the 1350/5 shards cost but 1900/5 shards instead. So yes, they did increase the cost for those new chars (Malak and then later GAS).

I certainly could be wrong, but I have no memory of this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

When Malak was released he was not following the 1350/5 shards cost but 1900/5 shards instead. So yes, they did increase the cost for those new chars (Malak and then later GAS).

I certainly could be wrong, but I have no memory of this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200780/showdown-at-star-forge-mega/p26
    Check the screenshot from Brown89 at April 12, 2019 4:50PM. That was right when the event went live. It was always 1900 for 5 shards and GAS had the same price of course later on.
    Now they could make some sort of differentiation between "Hermit" level chars (lesser impactful chars; even though Hermit got quite important again with JKL and JML) and "Malak/GAS" level chars that are just powerhouses. But since it's CG we're talking about I wouldn't bet on that.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    EDIT: I see there's some confusion in these posts now lol. StarSon's point was that ECs have always been 1900/5. Granted that's a sample size of 2.
  • Options
    This was a question in a Q&A over a year ago. They answered that we can expect more Epic Confrontation characters.

Has that changed since the introduction of GLs? They have never said otherwise.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    This was a question in a Q&A over a year ago. They answered that we can expect more Epic Confrontation characters.

Source? I don't remember anything like that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Has that changed since the introduction of GLs? They have never said otherwise.

At this moment we have no statements about that changing, so that is why most people have or suggest a base stash before spending it on gear, if you have the characters.
  • Options
    I still think we will get a Crate TB. It would finish off the 2nd Movie epic battles (Geo = Episode 2; Hoth = Episode 5; Crate = Episode 7) and would be a great way to introduce General Leia and Snoke. Maybe we could get a Force Ghost Yoda and Phasma with the staff for the Get 3 we would get like Malevolence and Negotiator and Hermit Yoda and Wampa.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    I still think we will get a Crate TB.
    6htrxfxphk5a.jpg
  • Samurai54351
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    6htrxfxphk5a.jpg

Too many plot holes.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    6htrxfxphk5a.jpg

Too many plot holes.

Your theory doesn't hold water
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    *Crait
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Would there be a Q&A soon? Think it had been a long time since the last time. Not sure if the podcast counts
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    6htrxfxphk5a.jpg

Too many plot holes.

I think everyone is just a little salty on the Crait TB...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Would there be a Q&A soon? Think it had been a long time since the last time. Not sure if the podcast counts

At this point, yes it does kind of count. It will evolve from here, but it's not going to be the QA of past.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    EDIT: I see there's some confusion in these posts now lol. StarSon's point was that ECs have always been 1900/5. Granted that's a sample size of 2.

Exactly this. Malak was a higher price than Hoda and Wampa. But they made it a pattern when they released GAS at the Malak price, and reinforced that pattern when they released Negotiator and Malevolence at the Hoda/Wampa price.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

Source? I don't remember anything like that.

I found two questions to this effect in the Q&A Archive. Both from before GAS. Pretty sure what slick is referring to is this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1929305#Comment_1929305

From TopHat:
    Once we establish/create a few more of them we'll commit ourselves to a cadence in the future.

The other one was the month before GAS was released and they mentioned they were currently working on an Epic, so not exactly relevant here.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    No more EC's is technically a cadence ;)
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    6htrxfxphk5a.jpg

Too many plot holes.

I think everyone is just a little salty on the Crait TB...

salt-licker.gif?w=750