How to get to number 1, or at least top 10.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Let me say this - I pretty much always finish top 5 on an old server and I'm in Est so 1/2 of the top 20 are gunning for #1 some days lol.

No one in the top 10 uses greeto - huge defensive liability. Not too many use Sid either - hits like a wet noddle (but does come in handy against Rey teams. Some use maxed Phasma for the reasons I listed above and a few use 86 even as a stand alone droid.

Dooku
    QGJ
    Lumi
    Phasma / Sid (depending on what team you face)

That's my recommendation. Problem is that things are going to change real soon so who knows what will be...

My guess is that slow Tanky toons like 86 will be fine, but I don't have a crystal ball (or at least one that works) :p
  • Options
    @wettshoes1 seems like farming 86 will be :smiley: .
    Since I am free to play I won't really get Rey/RG/FOTP/Etc. to wherethey should be at competitive level, so what characters should I grind for?
    (I will probably try to this thread up again in about a month (when the major update comes along) so we can have a more certain discussion)
  • wettshoes1
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yeah you have to wait ... Who knows what will be. I've been farming RG forever and just recently got him to 6* and he's quite useful in the arena. I got lucky and got him as a full character drop from bronziums a bunch of times in the last 4 months. It's a slow grind but he's worth it and I'm betting he remains useful after the update.

Some ppl say GS will stay relavent too. Even if he loses some of his offense, at higher levels I hear he may be able to use his assists special every turn which would be awesome. I personally hate the bug but he's a boon for ftp.

But I would still try and wait the 2 weeks - who knows what the upgrade will do...
  • Options
    @wettshoes1

They changed it, now GS will not be able to call assist each turn. And it was not a bug! It was one of his ability upgrades. Sounded interesting but we never got to see it :(.
  • wettshoes1
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    when I said "bug" I was referring to the actual GS toon lol. Don't get me wrong, he's very good and everyone runs him in the arena but for some reason I just don't like him :p
  • Options
    @wettshoes1 hahahahahahha I'm really sorryy! Hahahhaa
  • Options
    If I had your characters, I would go with your current setup or Dooku (L), Phasma, Greedo, QGJ, and Sid. There's no telling how they will hold up with the new update, but I would keep upgrading your mains (except maybe for Greedo because of how he does on defense).
  • Options
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    So I changed the post instead of doing a new one! Please help me!