GC modifications will always revive troopers

Prev1
Can someone explain me how the GC modifications of the current GC work?
When I use the Global one with "can not be revived" why do the troopers the still revive?
Sure the enemy modification let them revive for 3 times. But with this global ability this should not be happening or am I wrong?
Also with Dr death mark? Vader? GAS?
They have "can not be revived abilities right?
Or do I miss something?

Replies

• Options
    The revive modifier specifically states that "(the revive) cannot be prevented" so Rey, DT execute, and the event ability which would normally prevent revives are overridden (much like NS Zombie).
  • Options
    even after you defeat them 3 times and they have no "endless rank" stacks the global ability "volatile energies" still dosnt work. they still revive after. you have to defeat them 4 times before they cant revive even though they only have 3 stacks of "endless rank"
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    dragonsage wrote: »
    even after you defeat them 3 times and they have no "endless rank" stacks the global ability "volatile energies" still dosnt work. they still revive after. you have to defeat them 4 times before they cant revive even though they only have 3 stacks of "endless rank"

That's due to Moff Gideon's leader zeta. They get 3 revives from the event (shared between all troopers) and one from his lead (per trooper, except dark trooper who can't revive). The event revives can't be prevented, but the revive from mg's lead can be prevented (deathmark, anhillate).

Edit: nope, Dark trooper can revive fom MG lead too, which seems wrong.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Maybe they should a correct counter. And a counter for TM reduction as well :)
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

That's due to Moff Gideon's leader zeta. They get 3 revives from the event (shared between all troopers) and one from his lead (per trooper, except dark trooper who can't revive). The event revives can't be prevented, but the revive from mg's lead can be prevented (deathmark, anhillate).

Getting Gideon's leadership after the endless ranks expire also seems wrong, as his leadership says "The first time they are defeated..."
  • Options
    Absolutely. The first death should trigger both of the mechanics
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of Gideon's lidership bonuses (like the extra offense when they revive) is getting reapplied after each death
  • Options
    Anyone managed to complete tier 10 with clones? I’ve done the rest of the feats.
    I don’t have bad batch clones yet
  • PigRiderStarWatcher
    56 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I used CLS Rebels against them, and it's wierd that:

if I did use Volatile, the Imperial Troopers revived (thanks to Gideon's lead)
    if I didn't use it, but instead used Rebels character abilities to kill those Imperial Troopers, then those troopers didn't revive...

This is really, really "magically" interesting..

What's more, Piett, Deathtrooper, and Gideon didn' revive, but Shoretrooper and Darktrooper revived...., and my CLS was killed by their use of Volatile..
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone managed to complete tier 10 with clones? I’ve done the rest of the feats.
    I don’t have bad batch clones yet

Not even close, I can't complete even tier 7 with my 501st lol

Yeah, I was thinking about Bad Batch too, but it will not happen, I'll get 8th crate at most I think
  • Options
    Gideon’s leadership revive doesn’t say it can’t be prevented so that one shouldn’t kick in when using abilities that prevent revives at least.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    This seems like it is only beatable by Relic Bad Bacth. My full R7 501st + Clone Sergeant gets smashed by this GC. Taking the second highest crate and walking away from the frustration. (I could only barely beat tier 7 with Relic7 501st, and at that only had 1 man standing when I won)

Also my 501st have my second best mod set on them (tons of health and all 20+ speed, all 6dots), as I leave that set on for the KAM mission rather than move mods around every time. I doubt the slight upgrade to my arena mods would turn this around.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I've inched my way to the Gold Crate by getting to T9 with the TMR feat. Have the evade and win feats done to T10, and clones only got me to T6. The double revive abilities stacking on each other is definitely a pain though.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I've inched my way to the Gold Crate by getting to T9 with the TMR feat. Have the evade and win feats done to T10, and clones only got me to T6.

I did the same. Good enough. Good riddance.
  • Options
    So when they are 'defeated' when they have endless ranks, they aren't actually 'defeated' even using volatile, so they revive and gideon isn't triggered. When all 3 ranks are gone, then gideon starts, and they can be truly defeated, so gideon revives them.

If that makes sense. Lol. This one is a mess.

• Options
    kalidor wrote: »

"volatile energies" says they cant revive. gideons revive says nothing that it cant be prevented. this makes it seem like its bugged.
  • Realkickaxe
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    and the offense up should start when gideon starts reviving people

My SLKR could only beat up to lvl vii, so don't feel bad.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I've inched my way to the Gold Crate by getting to T9 with the TMR feat. Have the evade and win feats done to T10, and clones only got me to T6. The double revive abilities stacking on each other is definitely a pain though.

What did you use for the tmr feat? I tried gideon but he constantly dies
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I used Vader lead, Thrawn, JML, JKR, & Wat just on T9. Weird group, but they all remove TM. I’ve heard Rebels & Resistance could work as well.

Something that would help: some kind of tracker to see how close or far you are from the feat while in battle or after completion. I am surprised I’ve never seen this suggested in all of the GCs to date. 😉
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    JTR + 3 droids + Finn.

@Realkickaxe how did you lose with SLKR?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Something that would help: some kind of tracker to see how close or far you are from the feat while in battle or after completion. I am surprised I’ve never seen this suggested in all of the GCs to date. 😉

That would be great
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    I mean,
    They give characters impossible stats already
    Why not give them an instakill mechanic that we can't even use
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    I used Vader lead, Thrawn, JML, JKR, & Wat just on T9. Weird group, but they all remove TM. I’ve heard Rebels & Resistance could work as well.

Ohhhh, it’s been suggested. People have been putting threads up on this since before Conquest’s kickoff.
  • Options
    Um AhnaldisGOAT, see the wink? Sarcasm detected.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    This go ‘round of GC is almost as busted as the new icon/portrait art
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    This go ‘round of GC is almost as busted as the new icon/portrait art

What happened now?
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    At least you can attempt it without BB, unlike the beskar mando one.
    Also, just going to throw this out there: Gideon doesn't start with an AoE, and he's the only one you can't realistically outspeed. This means you can try a low investment BB member, like echo or tech, as your 5th - Dark trooper will still generally kill lower power chars without foresight, BUT some of those abilities could make a very significant difference.

I don't even have Rex reliced, let alone a full clone team, so I'm just accepting that I won't clear anything decent with the faction.

T10 was easy enough to clear with GLRey/RHduo/Han/Chewie though, and for those without a GL but a 7* malak, DR can do it if you don't use aoes and hard focus gideon to get rid of stacks via deathmark spam, then just take them out one by one.

Getting the T9-10 feats for the secondary objectives is... a pain, though. JTR can do it but this team is just... annoying to fight, and heavily rng dependent it seems.