Can't. Beat. Yoda. W/ Lumi, JC, QGJ, JC, & EK.

Prev1
Using Lumi as lead. Is there an order as to who to attack first. Tried over 500 times and can't get it.

Replies

• Options
    It may help if you didn't use 2 JCs :D
  • Options
    What tier are you trying to beat? What are your gear, level and abilities at?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    You put JC twice. What's your 5th character? Also what level are they and gear? What about abilities?
  • Options
    Sorry, the other character is Ahsoka. Tier 7 Yoda.

All 70's. All level 8 gear. All talents are either level 6 or 7.
  • Options
    Keep going back in and out until a helper is Barris. Then burst down the other helper to orange, and do the same to Barris after. She will heal, and suck up a lot of yodas health. Proceed to kill the other helper, and burst down Barris again in to the red, and leave her until she heals. This will suck out even more of yodas health. Then go ahead and kill Barris, and then work on yoda. Remeber never use anything against yoda that can be resisted, becuase he will gain turn meter. This means you'll need to use basic attacks mainly.
    I've not even got the required Jedi to take on the 6* or 7* challenge, but I will be ready the next time the event comes around. I've been playing since the start of the game as F2P, but Jedi have never been great, so I only got enough to 5* yoda. This is the general consensus that the community have come up with for the best chance of beating the little green goblin. There'll be other threads in more detail for you to find, becuase this I just 'black and white', without any detai,. It's just what I recall from reading.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    I had Mace instead of Ahsoka but I think she is a better option. Its frustrating but just keep trying. It took me well over 100 tries til the RNG favored me. The battle is entirely luck.

What finally worked was getting a couple of week hitters with Yoda (Plo, JKG, Ben). With this setup I went straight for Yoda so I retreated when Yoda had healers.

When I finally beat him, I used auto. Turned it on, targeted Yoda and came back when he was in the red to finish him off.

All I can say is, keep trying and eventually unlock him, you will.
  • Options
    Ok, great. Thank you guys for the tips. I've tried to break my phone with my hands several times in this battle.
  • Options
    I'll try this for a bit and let you guys know how it works.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi32259 wrote: »
    Ok, great. Thank you guys for the tips. I've tried to break my phone with my hands several times in this battle.

That won't work. Just smash it against the wall next time, that should do it.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    This is why I'm farming Barriss before I attempt 7*. I can't afford a new phone.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    I had Mace instead of Ahsoka but I think she is a better option. Its frustrating but just keep trying. It took me well over 100 tries til the RNG favored me. The battle is entirely luck.

What finally worked was getting a couple of week hitters with Yoda (Plo, JKG, Ben). With this setup I went straight for Yoda so I retreated when Yoda had healers.

When I finally beat him, I used auto. Turned it on, targeted Yoda and came back when he was in the red to finish him off.

All I can say is, keep trying and eventually unlock him, you will.
    Me to. It was kinda a dumb luck thing.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Dont use specials unless you have to.
  • Options
    @Jedi32259 Yoda can me beat with any team, some are just more RNG dependent than others. If you replace Kit with Koth and that's the team that I beat him with. Took 3 days of constant attempts until I hit the right RNG to win but it is possible.
  • Options
    I beat him with bariss lumi jc eeth no ahsoka. Bariss extra hp came in super handy. I also waited for 2 weak mates. Finally he showed up with jc and eeth which were very easy to kill.
    I only used specials when yoda didn't have forsight or tenacity up. Then things like ahsoka big hits or lumi blast went right through. Took some tries but got him 7*
  • Options
    Just keep at it. Sounds like your team is definitely strong enough to beat him. I literally tried 1,000 times before I finally won. You definitely need to get lucky with the rng. Keep trying and you will prevail.
  • Awakened1130
    220 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I used the same team as you.

I used Ahsoka as leader (maxed her leader skill) - I believe that the evasion bonus is 1% higher than what Lumi can give - plus you get turn meter when you evade.

Eeth Koth was the weakest link. I had to max his basic and special abilities for max damage.

Yoda was with Ima-Gun Di and Bariss. The Bariss trick worked well. I attacked Ima-Gun first bringing him down low until Bariss healed taking HP away from Yoda. That plus the Evading is what got me through.

Good luck!
  • Options
    What is rng?
  • Options
    Random number generator
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Just beat him with lum,mace,jc,bariss,tano. Yoda had jedi guardian and bariss with him. Just grinded down bariss until she healed a few times lowering overall hp from team then killed guardian followed by bariss then yoda. They were focused on mace until he died then lost lumi but hung in there.
  • KalSolo
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I had the same team as you. Be sure to get Yoda with Barris. Kill the other Jedi and then focus Barris down until she heals. Yoda should be at half when she heals. Then kill him. The key to Yoda is not using special attacks on him. He almost always resists the special and that increases his turn meter. That's why he ends up with 3,4 or 5 attacks in a row. So the EK stun is off limits for Yoda. Once I learned this Yoda went down quick. You can definitely win with the team you have. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I beat it with Lumi L , QGJ , Mace, JC and Barris. You need the healers because when Yoda gets low he goes crazy, I was hit with like 8 attacks in a row at the end , and Lumi was my last one standing and only had a sliver of health left.
  • Options
    Well I certainly was not expecting the Yoda event to show up this soon, I thought like many others it was going to be a while, but anyways I have been working pretty hard on my Jedi Teams so I can get 6* and eventually 7* Yoda, so for the hell of it I gave it a shot this time(I actually did it yesterday) and I could not believe it I got him 6* on my first try! I was shocked as hell lol, but this is who I used,

Qui-Gon Jinn (Leader) Level 70, 7*, gear level VII, all attacks and abilities maxed per level 70
    Luminara Unduli Level 70, 7*, gear level VIII, all attacks and abilities maxed per level 70
    Bariss Offee Level 70, 6*, gear level VIII, all attacks and abilities about half way(still working on her)
    Ahsoka Tano Level 70, 7*, gear level VIII, all attacks and abilities maxed per level 70
    Jedi Consular Level 70, 6*, gear level VIII, all attacks and abilities maxed per level 70 except the third one which is 3 away from maxed per level 70

I am still working on the above to use them for the 7* challenge and also working on these 2,

Mace Windu who is 25 shards away from 7* and Jedi Knight Anakin who is 10 shards away from 6* then it will probably take to long to get him to 7* lol so I probably will not get to use him anytime soon.
  • Options
    Yoda is about to drive me nuts. I just had all 5 of my rooms at full health and had killed Kit and got Barris down to red and she used her heal which brought Yoda down to nearly half and then I started attack if Yoda with basic strikes and then he begins to hit two times in a row and eventually wipes out my whole team. Why is he hitting twice in a row? And I didn't use anything he could resist.
  • Options
    Using Lumi as lead. Is there an order as to who to attack first. Tried over 500 times and can't get it.

I beat it with same team as you and Lumi lead. Took several times but found one had Anakin and Plo. Took out Anakin and then Yoda. Didn't lose anyone. Tried the Bariss trick and that didn't work. Keep at it. It's possible with that exact 5 of Lumi, QGJ, Koth, Tano, and JC.
  • Options
    Why is he hitting twice in a row? And I didn't use anything he could resist.
    He's a boss. Bosses aren't required to follow the rules. It's good to be the boss.
  • Options
    I did it! Finally. Took out QGJ and the got Barris down to the red and she healed and then took out Yoda and then her. Thanks to all for the help.
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm feeling very lucky reading all these threads that I got him after about 15 attempts.
  • Options
    Congrats on finally making it!
    The event came back too early for me and I only have 4 to 6 star Jedi so I completed the 4* part. Next time I should be ready to complete the 5* and 6* events...and actually get Yoda! It will be the next event after that...or the next that I complete 7*. Patience I guess. :smile:
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Dont use specials unless you have to.

yup...status effects against yoda can trigger his rampage
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Beat the Yoda 7* challenge right now, with the first try:
    Barris (Lead), Lumi, QGJ, JC, Ashoka.
    All tools maxed with what is possible at Level 70

Took out Yoda first, then Anakin, then Old Ben.