Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Love how people keep saying “at the current rate my guild will take X amount of time to unlock Wat”. Why on earth would you calculate that time and keep your guild GP the same?
    Of course you and your guildies are going to level up and so your guild will earn more each time you play TB.
    Crocodile tears for everyone lol.
    So far the requirements are great for GLK. And if we get a curveball with the last prerequisites then so be it. He should be hard as heck to acquire. Wat is a little curveball but not huge by any stretch. KAM would be the total lock on lots of guilds. And like I said, GLK should be hard to obtain. This iteration of kenobi would be at his peak so he should be very powerful.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Talifer wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    They kinda are requirements, though. It's pretty hard to get r8 mats without a good part of the guild having at least one GL.

I have all the mats I need to gear 1 toon to r8 from conquest, no guild GLs required.

Might need more than 1 though.

Possibly but unlikely. Even so at the rate that conquest gives them out, they aren't likely to be the bottleneck.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    They kinda are requirements, though. It's pretty hard to get r8 mats without a good part of the guild having at least one GL.

I have all the mats I need to gear 1 toon to r8 from conquest, no guild GLs required.

Possibly but unlikely. Even so at the rate that conquest gives them out, they aren't likely to be the bottleneck.

Well here's hoping they are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

R8 Old Ben and Crosshair confirmed.
  • Options

If so I'll be ok. I have enough for a couple characters already. But haven't decided where to use them. Obviously eventually on gk but the other req will hold me up more than the r8. And I already have a reliced wat.

The biggest bottleneck for me will be bo katan (assuming there isn't another surprise but I doubt there will be). The hard node just takes time or a tin of crystals. At the moment, I'm not willing to invest more than one refresh to bo katan si once we don't know the kit on glk or the other req.

But on r8, there are 5 req unknown. It's possible that some may require r8 but not likely more than one additional r8. That just doesn't change the math much.
  • Options
    goalposts get moved back all the time with these types of games.

I could see GAS R8 being required for the DS GL.. Like GK, he is a popular R8 and a hard requirement that most heavy committed players have already..

GK was on my list for R8 and so I am fine with this requirement
  • Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »

I could see GAS R8 being required for the DS GL.. Like GK, he is a popular R8 and a hard requirement that most heavy committed players have already..

Of course they move the goal posts. They pretty much have to to make a new character exclusive. If the req was still 5 g10 toons too many people would get him.

The question is whether they move them too quickly. It's not a question of if KAM will be needed for something. It's a question of when.

I think that wat has been obtainable long enough that requiring him isn't unreasonable. Kam came out later and there was an additional 6 months to a year where only the krackens were getting any kam shards and that was only one or two while a ton of people were getting wat.

So now with wat required for GLK, it is unlikely he'll be needed. Maybe for nightfall vader. So I'm preparing my kam team now just in case. Hopefully, my guild will do the same.

Personally I think it may be too soon to req kam with nightfall vader too but after that they are likely going to have a non prequel GL so it probably won't fit there and if and when they come back for another prequel GL, by then a ton of people could have him.

Whether it's too soon will depend on how long we have between GLk and the next GL. Could be immediately after that they start listing the req for the next since it's a two or three month process. Or they could wait a few months to let GLK rule for ad bit. Hard to tell right now.
  • Options

Of course they move the goal posts. They pretty much have to to make a new character exclusive. If the req was still 5 g10 toons too many people would get him.

The question is whether they move them too quickly. It's not a question of if KAM will be needed for something. It's a question of when.

I think that wat has been obtainable long enough that requiring him isn't unreasonable. Kam came out later and there was an additional 6 months to a year where only the krackens were getting any kam shards and that was only one or two while a ton of people were getting wat.

So now with wat required for GLK, it is unlikely he'll be needed. Maybe for nightfall vader. So I'm preparing my kam team now just in case. Hopefully, my guild will do the same.

Personally I think it may be too soon to req kam with nightfall vader too but after that they are likely going to have a non prequel GL so it probably won't fit there and if and when they come back for another prequel GL, by then a ton of people could have him.

Whether it's too soon will depend on how long we have between GLk and the next GL. Could be immediately after that they start listing the req for the next since it's a two or three month process. Or they could wait a few months to let GLK rule for ad bit. Hard to tell right now.
    They can’t wait to long to release the dark site GL, because they need to keep the game balanced. My guess is that they will bring the counterpart to JMK end of summer. Maybe we will get a big teaser of the dark site GL in tier 4-6 of JMKs Event;)
  • Options
    Tuareg111 wrote: »

They can’t wait to long to release the dark site GL, because they need to keep the game balanced. My guess is that they will bring the counterpart to JMK end of summer. Maybe we will get a big teaser of the dark site GL in tier 4-6 of JMKs Event;)

I'm not sure they really need to keep it balanced in the way you say. Before they started releasing GLs two at a time, there would be a good six months where a new release would dominate. The real question is do they think whales will bite harder if they wait or if they release the other one fairly soon.
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    Tuareg111 wrote: »

I'm not sure they really need to keep it balanced in the way you say. Before they started releasing GLs two at a time, there would be a good six months where a new release would dominate. The real question is do they think whales will bite harder if they wait or if they release the other one fairly soon.

The way the are staggering the GLs it seems they are going for the more casual gamer. Whales went for both GLs simultaneously the past two times.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TargetEadu
    1553 posts Member
    Options
    Plus they avoid the complaints of “These two GLs are so imbalanced! If I had known I would have gone for [insert other GL here] and I demand a refund!”

... that might still happen but it’s more obvious you don’t know the kits yet.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Wat seems reasonable at this point. It's not looking good personally, though. -.-

Gotta keep in mind that this second set of requirements is way too good overall and more hard/useless stuff is yet to come.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Weird that the in-game announcement of double drops happened before the announcement of the third set of requirements.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Weird that the in-game announcement of double drops happened before the announcement of the third set of requirements.

The requirements will be announced at 6/09, so this time, the double drops aren't linked to it so tightly.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

The requirements will be announced at 6/09

Nice 😎
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Nice 😎

I bet they won't be. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nice 😎

Agreed. Last ones were a month apart. GL Kenobi anounced along with 1st set on 4/21, I think. Second set 5/19

Edit: 4/28, so maybe.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nice 😎

Agreed. Last ones were a month apart. GL Kenobi anounced along with 1st set on 4/21, I think. Second set 5/19

Edit: 4/28, so maybe.

I'm a bit confused, what do you mean? 6/09 is a fact, it says so in the RA. I think Nikoms meant that they won't be nice, not that they won't be announced.
  • Options
    Did not see that. Thanks!
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Besides KAM, what could they announce that will make it hard to get JMK?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Another marquee event or character on gotten with bad batch.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Part 3 requirements: R8 KAM, R8 Hunter, R8 Tech, R8 Wrecker, R10 Echo (Bad Batch).

Juuuuuust kidding.... I'm no cynic!
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Besides KAM, what could they announce that will make it hard to get JMK?

Relic 8 Bad Batch?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Why would they add Bad Batch? JML is based on RotS Kenobi. Would be a weird requirement and no way to farm them all yet.

Only thing I cant think is they are getting us to use all our resources for JML and then drop the DS GL.
    Post edited by LordDirt on
  • Options
    I think bad Batch is unlikely. Traditionally, one more marquee character should drop
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think bad Batch is unlikely. Traditionally, one more marquee character should drop

Since we have passed the deadline for a marquee to launch and be farmable (8 weeks min), before the rough timeline we have seen for GL release (2-3 weeks after final requirements). Another marquee dropping for GL Ken is not likely at this point.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Since we have passed the deadline for a marquee to launch and be farmable (8 weeks min), before the rough timeline we have seen for GL release (2-3 weeks after final requirements). Another marquee dropping for GL Ken is not likely at this point.

Agreed, however they have moved up farming windows for GLs before.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Earlier than a minimum stated for an event or character release?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Earlier than a minimum stated for an event or character release?

Earlier than the established marquee farming window.