Commander Ahsoka Shards Cost

Replies

• Options
    It would be nice if CG just told us what the number of CAT shards was going to be on the 4th go round. Then we could make reasonable, informed decisions & plans.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno
    Are you sure about that, the final rewards in the 4th run also change. If they follow what they did with the RC you will fall short without buying any.

Fair point. We don't know exactly what the reduced rewards will be. Annoying, but plausibly a problem. Maybe I'll buy 5 shards per Conquest then when the 4th conquest hits I'll only need 45. If the reward drops by half, I'm fine. If the reward drops by more than half, I can still buy 20 shards in that conquest for a cheaper price than 550 per 5, which means even if I don't save any currency over, I can still max her that conquest so long as the end rewards are at least 25 shards.

RC was bumped down to 44, so that would be the likely, and that would leave you 16 short.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if CG just told us what the number of CAT shards was going to be on the 4th go round. Then we could make reasonable, informed decisions & plans.

Yeah, that would be nice. It’s really too bad they prefer the current method of leaving players in the dark.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Kyno
    Are you sure about that, the final rewards in the 4th run also change. If they follow what they did with the RC you will fall short without buying any.

Fair point. We don't know exactly what the reduced rewards will be. Annoying, but plausibly a problem. Maybe I'll buy 5 shards per Conquest then when the 4th conquest hits I'll only need 45. If the reward drops by half, I'm fine. If the reward drops by more than half, I can still buy 20 shards in that conquest for a cheaper price than 550 per 5, which means even if I don't save any currency over, I can still max her that conquest so long as the end rewards are at least 25 shards.

RC was bumped down to 44, so that would be the likely, and that would leave you 16 short.
    @Kyno

Are you sure Kyno? We got 44 RC shards for the last Conquest. Same as this Conquest.
    o9jznuvkftwj.jpeg
  • Options
    RC downgraded to 44 shards? That’s we got for max rewards last time it ran.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AndiSolo wrote: »
    @Kyno

@Kyno

Are you sure Kyno? We got 44 RC shards for the last Conquest. Same as this Conquest.
    o9jznuvkftwj.jpeg

Yeah. You are right, I was just going back and looking at those.
  • Options
    AndiSolo wrote: »
    RC downgraded to 44 shards? That’s we got for max rewards last time it ran.

Right?
  • Options
    If y’all haven’t saved your currency that’s on you.

Serious question: Does anyone actually spend all the currency each time?
  • Options

Yes 2k each time on RC, and probably won't buy CAT because it will take me 4 months to farm her, what's the point of wasting 6600k currency on her when i will only get 328 shards at the end of 3rd mk th, when on the 4th month I will get her by just getting the red box each conquest
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I bought every RC shard and I had almost 3k currency going into this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Keep in mind that third set of Kenobi requirements doesn't come out until after this Conquest, which is too late to decide you wanted to buy extra CAT shards instead of RC.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

3 conquest 2150 currency per conquest, 2k cost of buying all 4 RC shards, you mean you have 450 currency, oh wait you were one of those people who benefited from a glitch I forgot didn't know I had to use exploits
  • TargetEadu
    1553 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Keep in mind that third set of Kenobi requirements doesn't come out until after this Conquest, which is too late to decide you wanted to buy extra CAT shards instead of RC.

CAT being a Kenobi requirement would be more hype-killing than KAM. “Here’s our new GL, no one can get him for at least two months straight.”

But seeing as CAT’s got a recommended synergy with JMK...
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options

CAT as a requirement is only possible if Kenobi is release in August, which seems far from the last prerequisites in June. If he’s released end of June or July, no way he’ll require a character that literally no one can unlock day one.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

CAT as a requirement is only possible if Kenobi is release in August, which seems far from the last prerequisites in June. If he’s released end of June or July, no way he’ll require a character that literally no one can unlock day one.

Not saying it's likely, but ot depends on how paranoid you are.

3 conquest 2150 currency per conquest, 2k cost of buying all 4 RC shards, you mean you have 450 currency, oh wait you were one of those people who benefited from a glitch I forgot didn't know I had to use exploits

May want to check your math.
  • Options
    @crzydroid @Kyno can we get some sort of confirmation on why they didn't reduce how many RC shards we are getting? And will it be the same for CAT once it's the 4th month for her?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid Kyno can we get some sort of confirmation on why they didn't reduce how many RC shards we are getting? And will it be the same for CAT once it's the 4th month for her?

I didnt ask about RC, but I did ask about 4th run on CAT.

In my head RC was already at the "reduced count" and this being the 4th run, just stayed there. But that's just me.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    @crzydroid @Kyno can we get some sort of confirmation on why they didn't reduce how many RC shards we are getting? And will it be the same for CAT once it's the 4th month for her?

I'm not sure about the amounts just yet. I was assuming they adjusted the rates all around, so 90 will be the new normal and 44 is now reduced. We can try and ask.
  • jessej
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Could be worse, could have lost currency due to a bug like I did and potentially miss out on unlocking her in 3 months. Will take even longer than 4 if they're to reduce the amount of shards you'll receive in the prize boxes, too.
    If you couldn't tell, yes. I'm extremely bitter right now.
  • Options

I'm not sure about the amounts just yet. I was assuming they adjusted the rates all around, so 90 will be the new normal and 44 is now reduced. We can try and ask.

Please and thank you, can't plan ahead without knowing what we are getting
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Is it possible CAT could still be the main prize for the 4th Conquest from now?

Or are we sure something else is coming? O.o

Anyway, whoever falls short by a little bit can definitely finish her on the 4th run.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

You have no idea what you are talking about.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Don’t worry CG will sell you some Conquest currency packs...
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

This is total garbage.

I’ve earned max crate each time, bought RC shards at every opportunity and have bought stun guns several times in the conquest store. In the cancelled Conquest I’d not even reached the 2nd zone when it got pulled.

Yet I started this conquest with over 750 conquest currency.

Can you explain how you worked out the 2k for buying the RC shards?

Edit: I’ll save you the trouble. In the previous conquests, the RC only showed up in the sector 3,4,5 Jawa node, and it was 400 currency for 4 shards. So, where you claim 2k per Conquest, it’s more like 1.2k per conquest.
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • Options
    Out of interest before this conquest what had people spent their currency on?

I started this conquest with about 2900 currency saved up and I'd bought all the razorcrest shards prior to this
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Out of interest before this conquest what had people spent their currency on?

I started this conquest with about 2900 currency saved up and I'd bought all the razorcrest shards prior to this

I used the currency for gear for my SLKR farm (now completed). I didn’t buy many RC shards (just a few, maybe 8-12) so I don’t have that ship unlocked either. I am not disappointed with this aspect of my choices. I will have RC at end of event and my BAM sits at G1 anyway, so it won’t provide much use. 😂

While I am disappointed with not getting CAT right away, the extra wait will still be worth my previous choices. I have been earning more gear from Sith raid and more Aeros from CRancor for a few weeks now. That will pay off more than CAT imo. She would be useful for a few of my teams, but not in the same way SLKR has been.

Since I don’t have any major priority farms currently (waiting on JMK kit and gameplay, maybe even the following GL), I will use the currency to farm CAT as much as I can and save the rest.

Lastly, I will learn my lesson: no matter what the “messaging” the devs give around hoarding materials, it will remain the smarter play to hoard those materials. Thank you for the hard reminder, CG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Please and thank you, can't plan ahead without knowing what we are getting

Personally I would plan on not being able to get any new toon from Conquest in 4 or less without buying some shards.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Come on guys just be realistic. You want to know why they told you that you can unlock CAT in 3 GC? Here’s why. Thanks, you can all move along now:)
    xiype6m08u0b.jpeg
  • Options
    Bartek wrote: »
    Come on guys just be realistic. You want to know why they told you that you can unlock CAT in 3 GC? Here’s why. Thanks, you can all move along now:)
    xiype6m08u0b.jpeg
    If only there was a way you could get her just with max box and scavenger nodes... wish we could have saved just 150 extra currency from previous contests.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bartek wrote: »
    xiype6m08u0b.jpeg

I and it seems quite a few others will be getting her in 3 without that..... but I do agree, we could all just move along, and could have from the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.