Conquest Tier 5 Boss

13Next

Replies

  • Nikoms565
    14057 posts Member
    edited May 28
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's also only 5 per swap. 50 per conquest won't break the bank if you're smart about spending. I came into this conquest with 3k stored up and am still around 2.8k after buying all the CAT shards and getting through all the sectors.

    Sure. I'm not suggesting that players can't "play around it" or compensate for it. I'm just suggesting it's a poor design choice from a player experience perspective, and frankly, players having to "play around" bad design choices/consistent bugs is becoming an all-too-common theme for this game.

    "Bad design choice" is your opinion. They obviously want people to be judicious in making disc changes. I'm not against removing the cost, I just don't like the complaints that it somehow breaks the bank to have it be 5 per swap.

    There are other (and I would argue, better from a player experience point of view) ways to encourage people to be judicious about changing discs. For one, they could use a form of currency that is available in other ways. Honestly, given CG's tendency to monetize virtually everything in the game, I was shocked that disc-swapping didn't require a currency that could be purchased with real money. Especially since "Let the whales figure it out with money, then post about, post vids, etc." has typically been the path of the game.

    So, yes, I will concede that "bad design choice" is my opinion. But from what perspective is it a good design choice? Certainly not from a business perspective (i.e. CG's) since it's not monetized. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.
    And the fact that it doesn't require crystals or money actually makes it more player friendly.

    That's an opinion. I'd prefer to pay 5 crystals to 5 Conquest currency. Please don't speak for the entire player base.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Has anyone else managed a successful SEE solo like someone mentioned earlier.

    My relic 8 SEE gets wiped
  • Nikoms565
    14057 posts Member
    Has anyone else managed a successful SEE solo like someone mentioned earlier.

    My relic 8 SEE gets wiped

    Run him with Wat and put the shield on SEE
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • sr6n9hluo0r7.png I got it! JKR lead (90% stamina), JML, Gen Sky, Wat (all 100%), and JKL (90% stamina). There's some rng involved for sure. Tank tech on JML and use the AOE ability block. First time it didn't land on SLK adn my Wat died. So I just exited and retried. Second time it did land on SLK and next time he basic'd JML, JKR direct focus murdered hux, Weapon tech on Gen Sky (this might have happened later there was alot going on), Gen Sky AOEs to throw daze on everyone, JKL stuns everyone but SLK, then you pick off the side henchmen and before SLK gets to use his aoe my gen Sky basic'd and then special'd him to death.
  • Whatelse73
    1064 posts Member
    sr6n9hluo0r7.png I got it! JKR lead (90% stamina), JML, Gen Sky, Wat (all 100%), and JKL (90% stamina). There's some rng involved for sure. Tank tech on JML and use the AOE ability block. First time it didn't land on SLK adn my Wat died. So I just exited and retried. Second time it did land on SLK and next time he basic'd JML, JKR direct focus murdered hux, Weapon tech on Gen Sky (this might have happened later there was alot going on), Gen Sky AOEs to throw daze on everyone, JKL stuns everyone but SLK, then you pick off the side henchmen and before SLK gets to use his aoe my gen Sky basic'd and then special'd him to death.

    Interesting strategy, hope it works for someone. I gave it a shot and SLKR just builds up too fast. (It seems like his ultimate builds about 3 times faster than MY SLKR does since he's already in ultimate before my SLKR can take his third turn. But I'm sure that's just RNG or some such, totes legit.)

    Add to that, Rey's Saberthrow doesn't do damage to FO when SLKR is in his ultimate stance. Curious, since that didn't work for my team when my SLKR goes into his ultimate stance. (I did it twice and both times did ZERO Damage to remaining FO, but when SLKR wasn't in ult stance, it took out KRU no problem.) Seriously CG, did you play this through even ONE time with player teams?
  • TVF
    29539 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's also only 5 per swap. 50 per conquest won't break the bank if you're smart about spending. I came into this conquest with 3k stored up and am still around 2.8k after buying all the CAT shards and getting through all the sectors.

    Sure. I'm not suggesting that players can't "play around it" or compensate for it. I'm just suggesting it's a poor design choice from a player experience perspective, and frankly, players having to "play around" bad design choices/consistent bugs is becoming an all-too-common theme for this game.

    "Bad design choice" is your opinion. They obviously want people to be judicious in making disc changes. I'm not against removing the cost, I just don't like the complaints that it somehow breaks the bank to have it be 5 per swap.

    There are other (and I would argue, better from a player experience point of view) ways to encourage people to be judicious about changing discs. For one, they could use a form of currency that is available in other ways. Honestly, given CG's tendency to monetize virtually everything in the game, I was shocked that disc-swapping didn't require a currency that could be purchased with real money. Especially since "Let the whales figure it out with money, then post about, post vids, etc." has typically been the path of the game.

    So, yes, I will concede that "bad design choice" is my opinion. But from what perspective is it a good design choice? Certainly not from a business perspective (i.e. CG's) since it's not monetized. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.
    And the fact that it doesn't require crystals or money actually makes it more player friendly.

    That's an opinion. I'd prefer to pay 5 crystals to 5 Conquest currency. Please don't speak for the entire player base.

    Hey I won't if you won't.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Looooki
    621 posts Member
    Anyone able to get 3 star without SEE ? I'm just wasting energy here just retrying ...
  • Whatelse73
    1064 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    Anyone able to get 3 star without SEE ? I'm just wasting energy here just retrying ...

    Max whatever else you can and wait until Skelturix puts out a video about how to max the final boss. Just search him on Youtube, he's done a video for the first 4 already and I'm sure one will drop for 5 coming up soon.
  • Bladegunner
    137 posts Member
    edited May 29
    Looooki wrote: »
    Anyone able to get 3 star without SEE ? I'm just wasting energy here just retrying ...

    Yep just did it earlier. I was having trouble myself.

    I have a relic 8 SEE and I used 3 health sets with ideally health but protection primarys work too.

    High speed secondaries are a much.

    Depending on your disc selection will depend on what you run.

    But I went for vitality. Two leadership ones. The bonus protection on and power.

    Took me 2 attempts. Key was to link kylo and kylo. Then make sure you use basic next time to start the spread of deceived.

    You should stay alive long enough to enter ultimate and my ultimate wiped all 5 out first time.


    Edit just realised you said without SEE. Ignore me
  • TVF
    29539 posts Member
    I only got one feat (3 star one) and still got max crate.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14057 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's also only 5 per swap. 50 per conquest won't break the bank if you're smart about spending. I came into this conquest with 3k stored up and am still around 2.8k after buying all the CAT shards and getting through all the sectors.

    Sure. I'm not suggesting that players can't "play around it" or compensate for it. I'm just suggesting it's a poor design choice from a player experience perspective, and frankly, players having to "play around" bad design choices/consistent bugs is becoming an all-too-common theme for this game.

    "Bad design choice" is your opinion. They obviously want people to be judicious in making disc changes. I'm not against removing the cost, I just don't like the complaints that it somehow breaks the bank to have it be 5 per swap.

    There are other (and I would argue, better from a player experience point of view) ways to encourage people to be judicious about changing discs. For one, they could use a form of currency that is available in other ways. Honestly, given CG's tendency to monetize virtually everything in the game, I was shocked that disc-swapping didn't require a currency that could be purchased with real money. Especially since "Let the whales figure it out with money, then post about, post vids, etc." has typically been the path of the game.

    So, yes, I will concede that "bad design choice" is my opinion. But from what perspective is it a good design choice? Certainly not from a business perspective (i.e. CG's) since it's not monetized. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.
    And the fact that it doesn't require crystals or money actually makes it more player friendly.

    That's an opinion. I'd prefer to pay 5 crystals to 5 Conquest currency. Please don't speak for the entire player base.

    Hey I won't if you won't.

    I didn't.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    29539 posts Member
    You keep arguing about "player perspective" as if only yours counts and mine doesn't. But ok. It's off topic anyway.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14057 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    You keep arguing about "player perspective" as if only yours counts and mine doesn't. But ok. It's off topic anyway.

    I was summarizing what numerous people have already posted in this thread. You should try reading more and maybe the "contrarian thing" less.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Anyone able to get 3 star without SEE ? I'm just wasting energy here just retrying ...

    I got 3* with my solo SLKR on my first attempt. 3x Leader's Resolve, 1x offensive buffs and some other unimportant 1-dot disk just for the sake of having 12/12. Ideally you'd want 4x Leader's Resolve, but I didn't have that, so had to use 3 and some leftover stuff. With 3-4x Leader's Resolve and a 100% stamina SLKR he is so tanky and fast, that they barely make a dent into your health/protection pool. By the time they get you into the yellow HP you will have your ult charged up and wipe the floor with them. Obviously this strategy only works if you have the disks, but if you do, give it a shot. As I said above, I did it on my first attempt and wasn't close to losing really (only got into the yellow HP once and then healed back up). Fairly easy and straightforward battle. If you still have trouble you could just buy some consumable that gives you additional stats like protection or health or something, and it would be 100% reliable. My SLKR is modded for speed mainly, with some offense. Not sure if that played a huge role though, but I don't think so.
  • Ltswb1
    458 posts Member
    JML, JKL, gas, Hoda, JKR with leaders resolve, booming voice, offensive buffs, stacking offense, and TM disks. Was fairly easy. Got the health regen and no toons lost feats. Had a second booming voice I could have used. That would have been fun. Lol
  • Ripperpa
    159 posts Member
    edited May 30
    Very good idea, to sad I got no leader resolve except for one grey
  • Hortus
    512 posts Member
    edited May 30
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    JML, JKL, gas, Hoda, JKR with leaders resolve, booming voice, offensive buffs, stacking offense, and TM disks. Was fairly easy. Got the health regen and no toons lost feats. Had a second booming voice I could have used. That would have been fun. Lol

    Almost same setup with slightly different disks but no health feat for whatever reason... (who said "we need feats counter"?) Anyone knows how exactly this feat works? Does it need to be actual healing (i.e. health should drop below 100% to make it count)?
  • Hortus
    512 posts Member
    Nvm, worked on second try. Somehow. Still not sure about exact mechanic.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Anyone able to get 3 star without SEE ? I'm just wasting energy here just retrying ...

    I got 3* with my solo SLKR on my first attempt. 3x Leader's Resolve, 1x offensive buffs and some other unimportant 1-dot disk just for the sake of having 12/12. Ideally you'd want 4x Leader's Resolve, but I didn't have that, so had to use 3 and some leftover stuff. With 3-4x Leader's Resolve and a 100% stamina SLKR he is so tanky and fast, that they barely make a dent into your health/protection pool. By the time they get you into the yellow HP you will have your ult charged up and wipe the floor with them. Obviously this strategy only works if you have the disks, but if you do, give it a shot. As I said above, I did it on my first attempt and wasn't close to losing really (only got into the yellow HP once and then healed back up). Fairly easy and straightforward battle. If you still have trouble you could just buy some consumable that gives you additional stats like protection or health or something, and it would be 100% reliable. My SLKR is modded for speed mainly, with some offense. Not sure if that played a huge role though, but I don't think so.

    I tried this exact strategy but I got royally crushed, nowhere close to getting my ultimate before opposing Kylo popped his ultimate. I don’t understand how they can be so fast even with the 90% boost they have. Please CG show us the opponent stats, this is just so broken and silly.
    This could have been the best part of this game if you just put some extra polish on it for once.
  • LordDirt
    2209 posts Member
    edited June 4
    Looooki wrote: »
    Anyone able to get 3 star without SEE ? I'm just wasting energy here just retrying ...

    Yep just did it earlier. I was having trouble myself.

    I have a relic 8 SEE and I used 3 health sets with ideally health but protection primarys work too.

    High speed secondaries are a much.

    Depending on your disc selection will depend on what you run.

    But I went for vitality. Two leadership ones. The bonus protection on and power.

    Took me 2 attempts. Key was to link kylo and kylo. Then make sure you use basic next time to start the spread of deceived.

    You should stay alive long enough to enter ultimate and my ultimate wiped all 5 out first time.


    Edit just realised you said without SEE. Ignore me

    Thank you! I just needed 6 more points so I took my SEE to R8, put health and speed on him and moved some data disks and got it!!

    Green

    Leaders Resolve
    Vitality
    Insatiable

    Blue

    Entrenched
    Insatiable

    White
    Vitality x 2
    Post edited by LordDirt on
  • Rath_Tarr
    4118 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    With a bit of planning someone could stack the disc that grants TM and deals damage per turn.... dangerous strategy but could be interesting.

    Sure, as long as you can get past the 800 speed SLKR and Hux and even Sith Trooper that all take turns first! (or is that just TM loading done again for the one millionth time?)

    I'd be curious how many times the devs played each boss and with what teams (that weren't "built" by them prior to doing the mission, but done with normal player available mods).

    There's still a week left so I'm sure Skelturix will come up with a couple teams for it at least. He just did Sector 4 boss (Rey).

    Each turn they would lose max health and max protection, and be taking damage..... I knows it's a silly strategy, but one that can be built on the discs and just needing to survive..... just having fun.

    Which means you need to use specific discs that some people might not have pop up as options. Add to that, you have to spend precious currency to remove discs to add others, which you need for CAT shards.

    This is a great point as well. People are recommending specific data disc's - I'm almost through sector 5 and haven't even seen a 4 dot disc of any type. Not only is swapping discs suboptimal from a character currency standpoint, but it's also rng dependant based on what discs you had access to.
    Max crate
    0 4-dot disks
    0 disk swaps
    0 currency spent on anything other than CAT shards
    0.5% fun (the one highlight being cheesing a boss feat with my under-geared Imperial Trashtroopers)
  • Whatelse73
    1064 posts Member
    Luckily there are 28 extra banners so you have some wiggle room to get the max crate. Definitely a positive for conquest.
Sign In or Register to comment.