155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    GiranKenor wrote: »
    I think kylo is fine...and Barriss is as well. Learn how to use each character...you might be surprised

In fact lots in the highest ranks use them :|:D

Oh stop...highest ranks mean nothing...it means you can spend crystals at the right time....period

Sure, means nothing. For example GS or ugnaughts is the same. It's only a coincidence everybody has GS. Learn how to use ugnaught

If you put ugnaught and Kylo in the same league...i guess we are done talking:)

In fact i said GS ;)
    And "for example"
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Hes not awesome on defense, but on a right team he can be a headache.
    Im trying him on Phasma/Rey/RP/Kylo/RG and he is doing great. Basic attack is a bit squishy. A counter with extra % damage like fives would be really nice!!
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options
    I think kylo is fine...and Barriss is as well. Learn how to use each character...you might be surprised

Oh stop...highest ranks mean nothing...it means you can spend crystals at the right time....period

Sure, means nothing. For example GS or ugnaughts is the same. It's only a coincidence everybody has GS. Learn how to use ugnaught

In fact i said GS ;)
    And "for example"

It's all how you use them....you said Kylo and Barriss are useless....I guarantee I can beat your best squad with Kylo, Barriss, Savage, Sid and Phasma.
  • GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    A counter with extra % damage like fives would be really nice!!

+1
    And some tenacity maybe. He was fighting with a bleeding hole in his stomach...
  • GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

In fact i said GS ;)
    And "for example"

It's all how you use them....you said Kylo and Barriss are useless....I guarantee I can beat your best squad with Kylo, Barriss, Savage, Sid and Phasma.

In fact i said GS ;)
    And "for example"

If it's all how you use them, you won't ever :D
  • Options
    He's the de facto Dooku counter.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Ever since the rise of Dooku squads Kylo has been extremely relevant. My $0.02, in any case.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Give it a couple of weeks and you'll start seeing threads about how OP he is.

Once Phasma's Advantage changes to a Critical Hit you will definitely see more Kylo's in arena.

In fact Boba Lead, Phasma, Kylo, Sidious, IG88 will probably be complained about more than Dooku lead.

There shouldn't he any nerf or buff threads until after the next update. CG is listening to us and doing something which is great for the health of the game. Give them time to test it some more and then it will be even better.
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    He's just very difficult to use in a good synergy team especially when you are going up against these speed teams. If you don't have extra speed yourself or evasion you will probably lose 1-2 characters first round to the Dooku, Rey, GS, and Qui Gon Jin teams that most top 10 use. Then with Imperial guard on top of that.

I usually finish in the top 10. But I feel like I'm forced to run with Dooku, Yoda, Qui Gon, Lumi, and a spare usually I use Daka or Old Ben.

My original team was always Baris (lead), Kylo Ren, Sid, Lumi, and whoever I was feeling
  • Options
    Kylo is fine, not great but fine.

When you first unlock him he's OP Then you can't farm him until you hit a semi-decent level
    He seemed to lag behind some other toons at 5* but at 7* he's decent and the perfect dooku killer
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    The AOE is nice when you face everyone with the Royal Guard.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem is not Kylo Ren as such, he's a very nicely balanced character imho. The big problem is that First Order as a whole isn't getting a lot of love with the community.

Basically, the First Order team could dominate if only First Order Officer could reliably get in a first attack. But everybody targets him first and he has too little HP to make it till his first turn. That puts the whole FO team at a big disadvantage and I think that may be a reason why people don't use it much anymore, and by extension, Kylo Ren.
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Well right now the game is all about speed or trying to counter that with evasion. In the top 10 I only face trying to kill Rey, GS, and QGJ all while avoiding Royal Guards Taunt
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    I thought he was relevant, I mean he has to be a top 5 dark side character
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    When I posted this I meant relevant for Arena.

As a whole the Dark side is pretty weak compared to the Light. It'll be fun to compare once I hit 74 and 76. I guess I'll be forced into Dooku, Kylo, Sid, Daka and then some other Dps or Phasma

I use my Kylo for fun in GW though.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I love my Kylo, especially against Dooku. First, when Kylo's aoe triggers Dooku's counter, almost half the time that will reset Kylo's specials which means I can just use it again next turn. Same thing for Kylo's outrage when using it against Dooku.

Second, now that I have Poggle, whenever I have offense up and someone can't finish off Kylo his outrage is just that much more dangerous. In fact I just one shot a full health Dooku earlier. Granted, Dooku doesn't have much health and that's a very specific scenario, but it was still pretty cool to see.

No, Kylo is not the best character. He's slow, can be easily stunned, and fairly weak outside of certain situations that seem to pop up more thanks to Dooku led teams. But, if you can figure out what team to place him on and what situations work or don't work then he can be an incredible asset to your team.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Kylo is useless top-10/20 ARENA and there's a ton of better alternatives. Barriss is also not viable but she's great for yoda event and AMAZING for GW

Useless?

I disagree.

Me too, my team:
    Dooku L
    QGJ
    Snips
    Kylo
    Phasma

Placing consistently top 5~10. November server shard. Kylo works good against dooku lead team..
    Res non verba
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Really? I run him on arena and his outrage reset is top tier.
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    Kylo is useless top-10/20 ARENA and there's a ton of better alternatives. Barriss is also not viable but she's great for yoda event and AMAZING for GW

Useless?

I disagree.

Me too, my team:
    Dooku L
    QGJ
    Snips
    Kylo
    Phasma

Placing consistently top 5~10. November server shard. Kylo works good against dooku lead team..

How are you beating speed Dooku teams and not loosing all your characters to Rey, GS, or QGJ?
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    When I use a Dooku led team I usually lose 1-2 characters first round after Rey 1 shots and GS with assist nearly takes down another. Plus if you don't one shot someone or two **** keeping them above 50% Royal guard will take over
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Stuwart wrote: »

As a whole the Dark side is pretty weak compared to the Light. It'll be fun to compare once I hit 74 and 76. I guess I'll be forced into Dooku, Kylo, Sid, Daka and then some other Dps or Phasma

I completely disagree. Dark side is way better than light side. If it wasn't for rey and qgj you wouldn't even see a light side character in the arena.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bora wrote: »

Useless?

I disagree.

Me too, my team:
    Dooku L
    QGJ
    Snips
    Kylo
    Phasma

How are you beating speed Dooku teams and not loosing all your characters to Rey, GS, or QGJ?

The only team I can't beat without a generous dose of luck is:
    Dooku L
    FOTP
    Rey
    Qui-gon
    GS

Otherwise RNG goes for them as they go for me.. I must admit that Kylo has made a comeback just because of Dooku leadership, otherwise I agree he could use a little buff to atk. (wich according to EA Jesse could be likely to happen).

Btw make no mistake, with a bit of TM manipulation from Phasma, counterattack, OU from Qui-gon/evasion, healing from Snips and skill reset he's not to be underestimated.

Take into account that this consideration, as usual, applies strictly to offence since AI distaste for focusing toons down one by one largely favour Kylo due to his unique skillset.

He maybe not top tier but if well synergized he undoubtfully gets the job done.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    I used to place consistently in top 3 with 3-4/7 days in first using Kylo in a Phasma led squad until the change in the tiered speed mechanic.

Still a solid performer in GW on my B or C squad and I believe he'll definitely be worth another look once the next change happens and the addition of fortitude.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »

I completely disagree. Dark side is way better than light side. If it wasn't for rey and qgj you wouldn't even see a light side character in the arena.

This ^

Dark>light
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Waxx25
    62 posts Member
    Options
    I'd personally like to see him made a force again. The game was heavily marketed around getting him and he was the character I wanted to get the most the entire time I've been playing.

But at high end he's pretty useless now. I'd like to see him get a speed buff or something so he can keep up with someone as powerful as Rey or GS.

I would hardly say he is useless. No I don't focus him down first but he is a well balanced enemy. Sorry that he isn't made OP for you.
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    Salgado9 wrote: »
    He's well balanced, since he isnt considered OP everyone says hes useless.

That's a very good point actually. Other toons are OP so when we come across a balanced toon then we think he's bad. Too late to nerf the OP toons though as those that farmed them would be mad, with good reason. Which is why he maybe should be buffed

Also a good point. So the question is how do they bring balance to the character set so that each character has an equal chance to make it onto any particular squad?

Sure, the upcoming changes may help but if a character was op to start with and they implement a flat, character wide damage buff/reduction, said character would still be op relative to other toons. So GS still has insane abilities and and still does much more damage than a similar speed toon with crap abilities, for example. Not picking on GS, just using as an example.

So do you think that the changes will take that into account? If they are going to be changing damage output, I think they should go the full 9 yards and try to balance out the characters at the same time. I mean people are going to be complaining anyway, so why not. At least then they could say, "we told you we were doing this" and they would have their a$$ covered.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet
  • Options
    Kylo is going to get nothing but health with this cap increase. I think he goes up to about 22,000 health, but he gets very little in the way of damage. I think he'll go up to about 2200-2300 with a multiplier of only like 1.17 or so. That is going to be at the way low end of the damage spectrum. I think fives will pass him up on damage output!

So I say yes, they should give Kylo some love.
  • Options
    Give it a couple of weeks and you'll start seeing threads about how OP he is.

Once Phasma's Advantage changes to a Critical Hit you will definitely see more Kylo's in arena.

In fact Boba Lead, Phasma, Kylo, Sidious, IG88 will probably be complained about more than Dooku lead.

There shouldn't he any nerf or buff threads until after the next update. CG is listening to us and doing something which is great for the health of the game. Give them time to test it some more and then it will be even better.

@cosmicturtle333

shhh dont tell people about how much potential he has.

just like how Anakin Sucks!
  • Options
    Kylo Ren Sucks.

don't farm him don't gear him. Thank you

End of PSA