Make Kylo Ren relevant again

Prev13
Stuwart
137 posts Member
I'd personally like to see him made a force again. The game was heavily marketed around getting him and he was the character I wanted to get the most the entire time I've been playing.

But at high end he's pretty useless now. I'd like to see him get a speed buff or something so he can keep up with someone as powerful as Rey or GS.

Replies

• Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Likewise I farmed him as soon as I could and have him 5* purple gear but he basically doenst do a thing. His damage is not good enough except on his outrage (and even then it's situational). He has a nice kit but I think needs a bit of a buff to compete at the top end. Till then. He will be on my bench
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Seems fine to me at the moment but could definitely be tweeked a bit.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Heal block is entirely relevant, and his AoE hurts bad. Retribution triggers mean more AoE then more counters.

I think you are comparing him unfairly. He is better than at least half of the alternatives.
  • Options
    First order as a whole works better with synergy. Also his aoe counter works well in GW. Also he has a bunch of health so he can't be a cannon.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    There's a defense mechanics change coming up in a few weeks, and supposedly fast characters are getting a damage reduction and slow characters are getting a damage boost soonish. In a slower meta his DoT, cooldown reset and counter could make him a high tier pick.

Sort of depends what effect the upcoming changes have.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    I may be a bit harsh. But constant AoE that doesn't do enough damage isn't that great. However with the advantage change and defensive shift I can see him ring a force to be reckoned with.

Until then I'll stick to JC to get him 5* for stupid yoda. Then I'll probably shift to dooku once I'm 69
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    He's well balanced, since he isnt considered OP everyone says hes useless.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Salgado9 wrote: »
    He's well balanced, since he isnt considered OP everyone says hes useless.

That's a very good point actually. Other toons are OP so when we come across a balanced toon then we think he's bad. Too late to nerf the OP toons though as those that farmed them would be mad, with good reason. Which is why he maybe should be buffed
  • Options
    I was using Kylo in the top 10 on my server up until I acquired 6* Yoda. I still switch him in for various chars against certain teams. I really think he is one of those toons that you need to be very selective and situational in how and when you use his abilities. Seems like most people like to use his lash out first to get retribution up but I couldn't tell you how many times i wished it was reset so I could take 2-3 toons out at once with his AOE.

Also using his basic early to get healing immunity on someone before a tank is able to taunt works well also. How many times have you gotten an opponent toon in the red only to have the tank taunt, healer heal etc?

One more thing... He is a nice counter to all of these Dooku squads out there. His health allows you to focus Dooku down, get Kylo below 50%, then smash Dooku with outrage. Of course when Dooku dodges it changes things a bit lol!
  • Options
    Think about this: somebody spent 100$ to get him :D
    Oh, yeah, and maybe 100 for Barriss too... Then she was nerfed! :D:D:D
    Great job, EA!
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options
    I think kylo is fine...and Barriss is as well. Learn how to use each character...you might be surprised
  • GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    I think kylo is fine...and Barriss is as well. Learn how to use each character...you might be surprised

In fact lot of people in the highest ranks use them :|:D
    (Bad english, sorry)
  • GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Dude got beat by a woman, that found out she had force powers yesterday. He should be the weakest hero in the entire game.
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options
    GiranKenor wrote: »

In fact lots in the highest ranks use them :|:D

Oh stop...highest ranks mean nothing...it means you can spend crystals at the right time....period
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf: intentional depowering

Bug: unintentional script

Many "nerfs" are simply consequences of bug fixes, and not intentional.

• GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Oh stop...highest ranks mean nothing...it means you can spend crystals at the right time....period

Sure, means nothing. For example GS or ugnaughts is the same. It's only a coincidence everybody has GS. Learn how to use ugnaught
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have him but I hate playing Kylo teams in the arena. Between his heal immunity, AOE, and health he's a pain. Don't make him any better.
  • GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Devour wrote: »
    Dude got beat by a woman, that found out she had force powers yesterday. He should be the weakest hero in the entire game.

He was wounded by chewbe. Usually that shot kills
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Sure, means nothing. For example GS or ugnaughts is the same. It's only a coincidence everybody has GS. Learn how to use ugnaught

Ugnaught lacks the synergy and assist, and is therefore strictly worse.
  • Options

The only issue with Barris is she is a huge liability on an assist team. Her lack of damage is understandable though. You can't give her all that healing ability, allow her to bypass healing immunity, and let her hit like a truck or she would be OP.

• Options
    Kylo is useless top-10/20 ARENA and there's a ton of better alternatives. Barriss is also not viable but she's great for yoda event and AMAZING for GW
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options

Learn how to use ugnaught... Really. Really
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »

The only issue with Barris is she is a huge liability on an assist team. Her lack of damage is understandable though. You can't give her all that healing ability, allow her to bypass healing immunity, and let her hit like a truck or she would be OP.

I totally agree. I'm just saying people spent 100, then she was soon nerfed. I'd ask my money back, but fortunately I'm F2P, so...
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't see Kylo a lot in top 30 arena wich is a shame I think. I see him quite often in GW. I always try to take him out fast because he can do same nasty damage and healing debuff.
  • GiranKenor
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I don't see Kylo a lot in top 30 arena wich is a shame I think. I see him quite often in GW. I always try to take him out fast because he can do same nasty damage and healing debuff.

Stun him first if you have dooku or daka. He has low tenacity.
    Lol...Low tenacity a dude that was fighting severely wounded by a (not a blaster, don't know how it's in english. Balestra in italian). And then there is poe, the guy that revealed everything (ok, only after torture), he has high tenacity... Mmmm... :/

PS. It was crossbow :D Reeeally bad english, sorry
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Kylo is useless top-10/20 ARENA and there's a ton of better alternatives. Barriss is also not viable but she's great for yoda event and AMAZING for GW

Useless?

I disagree.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Mine has been sitting at near max and untouched for a long time, I dont think he has ever been relevant. But maybe he will make a comeback when they change game mechanics soon
  • Options
    Kylo is not great then?
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options

If you put ugnaught and Kylo in the same league...i guess we are done talking:)