Dooku + foresight squad is so infuriating!

2Next

Replies

• AKK889
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    it is infinitely more useful for solving the problem than writing on the forums about it.

This should be a sticky.

• Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    dooku ( L ) RG Daka Rey GS or QGJ

My least favorite opponent now. ughhh

New video against a team with Dooku as leader, QGJ and Royal Guard, but in this case with Luminara and Resistance Pilot. I won in spite of the lot of evasion and the 2 stuns at the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FVxzFPg3dA

• Options
    I've beat very similar squads if not identical with QGJ lead, GS, 86, Daka and RG. Assists either produce attacker damage or a high % chance of a stun, RG acts as a shield to the squishy toons and Daka's ability for a small heal in a pinch or a revive both help with survivability.

My old control team works well vs any of those. Dooku lead RG,Daka,GS,QGJ. I'm running Dooku, RG,GS,Rey,Yoda now and enjoying it. I'm very stringly debating spending the creds to bring my RP from 4-7* and up to 72 and gearing. I like the potential, just never had an issue with her on my limited arena sightings.
  • Options
    I would like to point out that in those videos, Quim got VERY lucky when it comes to Dooku's evade bonus. I think I saw maybe one character dodge per round, which certainly hasn't been my experience. I am seeing more like 50% of my shots early in the round miss, which can be pretty devastating, regardless of the team.

Still, I am intrigued about bringing a less than 7* RG in to arena. Might have to try it, because it certainly can't be any worse than what I have been experiencing lately.

This exactly!

Although I've been purposely buying refreshes just to try @Quim 's poggle, 86, GS, Poe & 4* RG .... Would you know - won 5/5. Ha. So was just a case of a bit of team change ups and now easily beatable. Thanks dude! So still F2P but now can beat that horrid squad.

Thanks for all the advise everyone - even though a lot seem to jump the gun l, it was merely a post to see who else had the problem and anyone who overcame it. Task complete :)
    Dc - RoF
  • Options
    Btw, with Dooku lead, imo Poggle isnt a good choice. You will gain offense up from other sources ;)

And the stun from his Dooku on your GS is a coin flip. I don't believe the battle will always start the way you described it.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    @Dcmone1 You're welcome! Now I'm using Poggle (L); GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren, to get the rank and to defend the rank. I have checked a lot of different teams the last weeks, for example with Royal Guard instead of Kylo, or with RG and Lumi as leader, without Poggle, or with IG-88 or Resistance Pilot instead of Kylo, or with RG instead of Poe, but the current team have the best results in the attack and in the defense.

@theHejiN You can see in the last video that Dooku stunned 2 characters at the beginning and I won the battle. It is only a chance of 16% to stun 2 characters and 40% to stun 1 character. Getting the rank, with this team, I have a lot winning percentage, maybe 90%. Today I have played 5 battles with 5 wins, 100%, so is a very effective team against Dooku teams, doesn't matter if some character is stunned. Also is important the offense up and the speed up of Poggle at the beginning, IG-86 need the speed up to be faster than all characters slower than Poe, and the offense up to assure kill a character, without the offense up sometimes the characters survive, but with offense up and the +25% offense of the leader ability of Poggle, IG-86 have +75% offense, the assist have +50% offense, and IG-86 will kill the character in the 80% of cases, and if that character survive, Kylo Ren can kill him, so is an effective strategy.
  • Options
    Against dooku teams I almost always win with QGJ, Yoda, Windu, Lumi, Poe. Depending on the setup I can switch in Anakin, Dooku, RG. The speed wins if your team survives to Poe taunt and Lumi heal even if dooku stuns two toons. But if you want an amazing dooku team then dooku lead with Res Pilot, Rey, Yoda, RG for me is the best squad. Ahsoka is a good sub in that team as well for anyone but Res pilot. Alot of ppl like GS but Yodas steal and spread buffs to teammates is almost a guaranteed win for me. It does get beat but it's a very tough squad. Dooku, Res pilot, RG or Poe are musts in the team and then the other two you can play with. QGJ, Yoda, Anakin, Ahsoka or Lumi, and Poe or RG is a boss squad for jedis as well. Ayala and IMA Gun Di make nice subs as well and Windu would be very nice if his unique wasn't worthless but he's been decent for me in many arena fights otherwise. Especially against any non dooku led team
  • Options
    Quim wrote: »
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    dooku ( L ) RG Daka Rey GS or QGJ

My least favorite opponent now. ughhh

In my server there are a lot of Royal Guards now LOL I was one of the first to start to use he, now maybe 25% teams have RG. With Daka is a good combination if she survives, or if the enemy try to kill Rey at the beginning, for example. Also Ewok Elder would be very useful because the chance to revive is 100%, Daka have 35%+10% = 45%. A good combination can be with RG, Daka and Lumi, then Rey and GS as the attackers, with Lumi as leader, that is good healer but also good attacker, but to defend the rank is better with Dooku. Today I won 1 battle against 1 team with RG and I lost 2 battles LOL

Not running QGJ is good too. No target for dooku lighting.

Dooku (L ). EE Daka Rey GS is pretty strong too.

Need to kill EE but chance daka will revive.

Aim for other toons. EE revives.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I will start to farm EE after farm RG, now I have 23/85 shards of RG, I'm playing 6 hards nodes and buying shards in the shipments, after get RG I will be able to spend crystals in other characters and start to play the hard nodes of EE, in the hard node 8-C will be able another hard node with shards of EE.