FTP 7 Star Yoda!!!

Prev13
TheSPEO
3 posts Member
edited April 2016
EDIT: (The general consensus is that I was extremely lucky and based on everyone's experience I can see that, which is a reason why the developers should allow everyone to battle Yoda again after they beat him. No rewards are needed, but just a chance to see if luck could strike twice would be fun. If anything, I could finally feel the pain like many others who had to take multiply tries just to beat him. Maybe I was a little delusional to think I had a sure fire way to beat him, but RNG, team composition, enemy team composition, and strategy all play a big part in it (some would say RNG the most). I still say that this post is good for most people because it shows exactly what Jedi I used to beat him along with how I had them geared and leveled. Even though this Jedi composition has been mentioned several times on this forum, showing actual pictures lends more credibility that it will actually work, which should ease the worries of the average FTP whose choices are very limited on who they can farm for this event. Also, it was never my intention to devalue the achievements of others who had to take hundreds of tries to beat him or belittle those that have yet to beat him because they are doing something wrong. I just stated my limited experience with battling him. If I offended anybody, I do apologize. Anyway, lets get some 7 star Yoda's!)

I've been an avid reader on this site for a while now and I finally decided to break my silence because I just got Yoda to 7 stars! My totally FTP Jedi team that I used consisted of Luminara Unduli (L), Eeth Koth, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, & Jedi Consular. It only took two tries to do it! On my first try, the little green goblin decimated me as I tried to take out his teammates first, which was a mistake. If you are going to take him out (without that health equalization trick with Barriss Offee as his teammate), focus solely on Yoda until he is gone, then mop up his teammates, which is definitely not hard when Yoda is gone. On my second try, Yoda's teammates consisted of Ima-Gun Di & Mace Windu. I took out Yoda first, which left me with a 3-2 advantage, and then I had no problem taking out the remaining Jedi.

I'm posting this to reassure my FTP brethren that their time and effort will not be wasted as they too can get Yoda to 7 stars without having a complete all-star caliber Jedi team.

Also, I really don't understand why it would take people 100-500 tries just to get a 7 star Yoda. The only things that I can think of that they are doing wrong is:

1) They didn't fully train, equip, and level up the important abilities (i.e. basic attack, healing, leader ability for the leader, Harmonious Assault for Qui-Gon Jinn, ect...) for their Jedi because they didn't want to waste resources
2) They tried to take out Yoda's teammates before him (good strategy on any other part in this game, but not for the Yoda event because the longer he is alive, the less likely your team will be)

Maybe I got lucky (Yoda didn't have any healers for teammates) and RNG was on my side, but anyone can beat him if they are smart about it.

Lastly, I am totally FTP (have not spent a single penny) and have played daily since it was released to the public back in November. I've made a lot of bad decisions along the way (wasted time on Chewbacca to name one) and I dropped everything I was doing in order to farm Jedi so I could get Yoda. I'm glad it went the way it did because I have had a lot of fun and I think I will continue to do so as long as the developers keep on refining the game and adding new content. In case you are wondering, I typically place between 100-400 in the Arena (I'm perfectly content with that and I don't even use all 5 tries), I complete GW daily (hasn't been too difficult for me), and I also complete all my dailies everyday, which has allowed me to do one Cantina refresh and one or two regular energy refreshes everyday.

Anyway, good luck to all of you that are still on your quest to get a 7 star Yoda. You will eventually get him.

Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_30_36.png
Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_31_56.png
Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_05.png
Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_13.png
Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_22.png
Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_32.png
Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_42.png
Post edited by TheSPEO on

Replies

• Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Sweet
  • Options
    Nice! I beat him with the exact same team. Used Luminara as my leader and her evasion Helped a TON!
  • Options
    Yo-da man!!!! =]
    I have 99 problems but a Sith ain't one...
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    You are awesome, and I applaud you, OP!
    giphy.gif
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Nice!! i have the same team and gonna try next week. still need 50 shards for Mace.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    That's pretty good for F2P. You must have used your resources wisely to have a lineup like that.

My problem is in the beginning I had no idea what I was doing and spread my resources out over every new crappy character I got. Been playing since early December and will barely be able to get 6* Yoda this time (if I can get Ahsoka to 6* before it ends).
  • Options
    I have to get 7 more shards for windu and I'll have Lumi, Windu, Eeth, JC, and Ashoka. I'm also a FTP Player. I have 7 7* toons and about to have a few more.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You 7* QGJ from nothing since his F2P release, without spending money?

Not possible without shipment AND cantina energy refreshes.

Your roster isnt top 10 arena.

You MUST have bought crystals.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    TheSPEO wrote: »
    I've been an avid reader on this site for a while now and I finally decided to break my silence because I just got Yoda to 7 stars! My totally FTP Jedi team that I used consisted of Luminara Unduli (L), Eeth Koth, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, & Jedi Consular. It only took two tries to do it! On my first try, the little green goblin decimated me as I tried to take out his teammates first, which was a mistake. If you are going to take him out (without that health equalization trick with Barriss Offee as his teammate), focus solely on Yoda until he is gone, then mop up his teammates, which is definitely not hard when Yoda is gone. On my second try, Yoda's teammates consisted of Ima-Gun Di & Mace Windu. I took out Yoda first, which left me with a 3-2 advantage, and then I had no problem taking out the remaining Jedi.

I'm posting this to reassure my FTP brethren that their time and effort will not be wasted as they too can get Yoda to 7 stars without having a complete all-star caliber Jedi team.

Also, I really don't understand why it would take people 100-500 tries just to get a 7 star Yoda. The only things that I can think of that they are doing wrong is:

1) They didn't fully equip and level up their Jedi because they didn't want to waste resources
    2) They tried to take out Yoda's teammates before him (good strategy on any other part in this game, but not for the Yoda event because the longer he is alive, the less likely your team will be)

Maybe I got lucky (Yoda didn't have any healers for teammates) and RNG was on my side, but anyone can beat him if they are smart about it.

Lastly, I am totally FTP (not spent a penny) and have played daily since it was released to the public back in November. I've made a lot of stupid decisions along the way (wasted time on Chewbacca to name one) and I dropped everything I was doing in order to farm Jedi so I could get Yoda. I'm glad it went the way it did because I have had a lot of fun and I think I will continue to do so as long as the developers keep on refining the game and adding new content. In case you are wondering, I typically place between 100-400 in the Arena (I'm perfectly content with that and I don't even use all 5 tries) and I complete GW daily (hasn't been too difficult for me).

Anyway, good luck to all of you that are still on your quest to get a 7 star Yoda. You will eventually get him.

Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_30_36.png
    Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_31_56.png
    Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_05.png
    Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_13.png
    Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_22.png
    Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_32.png
    Screenshot_2016_04_02_10_32_42.png

lol thinks other people are having hard time because their Jedi aren't leveled up. Then shows team of jedi with level 3 abilities.
  • Options
    Great job!!!!!

Is all RNG though. He for me was 1 hitting and going through his move list 3-4 , at times 5 moves per turn. When he kills 2 of your Jedi and takes 50% 1 health away plus takes TM before you go it impacts you. It was a good challenge.
  • Options
    Congrats! I just got my 6* Yoda yesterday on my first try, and I am mostly FTP but not solely lol, I do spend a little on crystals.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    lol thinks other people are having hard time because their Jedi aren't leveled up. Then shows team of jedi with level 3 abilities.

because you do not use special ability against yoda, so no need to level up those abilities.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

I've been farming QGJ since he was put in cantina shipments and just got mine to 6* a few days ago. It would take another 19 days to get him to 7* using one cantina energy refresh a day. Maybe he got extra shards some other way.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options

why not possible?
    i too am 100% ftp and i have maxed out QGJ, and Poe, and 5* boba from catina tokens. depending on his server, he can easily be top 10.
  • The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats bud this will be the second time for me trying to get 7 star Yoda as on the last event I had my 5 gear 8 7 star Jedi but after in excess of 200 tries he continually did so much damage that my team died without even killing him once. I don't use special attacks I focus all fire on the superstar destroyer but alas it always ends the same way here's my team any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Lumi(lead) QGJ Asoka Mace JC
  • Options

Not true. Got 7* qgj about week ago with only one cantina refresh a day and no shipments refreshes. U can easily afford that with top 200 arena maybe lower.

Gratz to OP!
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

I've been farming QGJ since he was put in cantina shipments and just got mine to 6* a few days ago. It would take another 19 days to get him to 7* using one cantina energy refresh a day. Maybe he got extra shards some other way.

why is it so unthinkable that he refreshes catina twice a day? after all, 2 catina refresh and 2 energy refresh cost 400 crystals total, entirely doable for F2P who can place top 5 reward.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »

why not possible?
    i too am 100% ftp and i have maxed out QGJ, and Poe, and 5* boba from catina tokens. depending on his server, he can easily be top 10.

I have spent money on crystals. I have refreshed. I am top 100 arena. I finish GW every day. I have focused on Qui-Gon. He is still 4 days away from 7*.

I suppose shipment refreshes could have sped this up, but I still think his claim is dubious.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 7* Barriss, Ahsoka, Lumi and QGJ. Unfortunately my JC is 3* and I have no interest in leveling him or any other currently available Jedi. Hopefully Aayla is farmable in the not too distant future...

QGJ 7* is definitely doable f2p, I started him on release and maxed him and Ahsoka on 2 (300 crystals worth of) cantina refreshes a day (~400 crystals gained from arena). Since I got 2x 7* from cantina shipments a single 7* should be easily doable on a single 100 crystal cantina refresh. That is easily doable f2p even with a low arena rank.
  • Cjhwang
    88 posts Member
    Options
    He also could have pulled qgj character or shards with platinum data cards. I started a month after him and I'm only 15 shards away from 7*. Ftp player.
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options

It would take 61 days at most to unlock and seven star qgj through cantina shipments only with only 1 refresh per day (100 crystals). It's been 68 days since he was released to shipments. 'Nuff said.

Congrats on your accomplishments op. I hope to join you next time yoda comes around again
    -Snake
  • Options
    Well done, well done.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Rex
    38 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

He could also have had been saving cantina tokens before QGJ. I had a bunch saved up and when QGJ was released I was able to get 15 shards a day, until my stock pile ran low.
  • Options
    Nice man , have to wait till next time just needed JC to be 7 star but only have ten shards out of hundred.
  • Options
    Nice job,

Just started this game 2 weeks ago, I'll keep this favorited as an inspiration for the future ;)
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options

I have spent money on crystals. I have refreshed. I am top 100 arena. I finish GW every day. I have focused on Qui-Gon. He is still 4 days away from 7*.

I suppose shipment refreshes could have sped this up, but I still think his claim is dubious.

what on the earth are you talking about??

you get QGJ shards in catina shipment, with 2 catina refresh a day (360 cantina energy total), you get little over 600 catina tokens (the orange ones). shipment gives one exchange (400 tokens for 5 shards) every 6 hours. so no one needs to refresh catina shipment. and i have 7 starred QGJ over a week ago, with just 2 cantine refresh a day earning 600+ tokens.
  • Options
    arttorres0 wrote: »
    Nice job,

Just started this game 2 weeks ago, I'll keep this favorited as an inspiration for the future ;)

I did that too when I started back in late November.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    All of you are claiming TWO refreshes a day, thats 300 crystals.

Without a serious arena presence, F2P doesnt have this kind of income.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    All of you are claiming TWO refreshes a day, thats 300 crystals.

Without a serious arena presence, F2P doesnt have this kind of income.

Its doable on 1 refresh by now, 2 refreshes is the arena top 5 luxury but a single refresh takes no effort and should have 7 starred your QGJ about a week ago if thats what you were dedicated to since his release. Shipment refreshes should not be necessary, you can get a (theoretical) 20 shards a day without refreshing if you time it right. Seeing as you get 10 a day tops on a single refresh you dont even need timing.