Mace Windu Rework 2.0

Attan_2
17 posts Member

Here's my Rework Idea (Based on balancing, and feedback):
flmbx497725t.png

Unit Name: Mace Windu

Tags: Light side, Tank (TAC), Galactic Republic, Jedi, Leader, Fleet Commander

Description: Aggressive, Slow and Steady Jedi tank that can withstand heavy damage to protect his allies, and relies on Defense to deal Devastating damage.

Relic: Mace's Amethyst Kyber crystal

Synergy Suggestions: Jedi Master Kenobi, Grand Master Yoda, Ki-Adi Mundi, Commander Ahsoka Tano, Ahsoka Tano (Padawan), Jedi Knight Anakin, General Kenobi,

Basic - Invincible Assault (Omega):
Deal Physical damage to target enemy, and recover health equal to 70% of the Damage dealt. If Mace Windu is Taunting, deal 50% more damage, gain Protection Up (10%), and Expose them for 1 turn if they didn't already have it which can't be resisted.

Special 1 - Smite (Omega):
Deal Special damage to target enemy with additional Offense equal to 2 times Mace's Defense. Dispel all buffs on each enemy, and all debuffs on each Galactic Republic ally, and gain +5% Max Protection (stacking) until the end of the battle for each status effect dispelled. In Addition, Recover Protection equal to 75% of Mace Windu’s Defense, and gain Taunt for 1 turn which can’t be dispelled. (Cooldown of 3)

Leader - Blades of the Galactic Republic (Omega):
Galactic Republic allies have +100% Defense while they have Protection Up. Jedi, and Light side Unaligned force user allies deal 50% more damage with their basic ability (doubled for Galactic Republic allies). In addition, they recover 5% of their Max Health, and Max Protection when scoring a Critical Hit.

Unique 1 - Vaapad (ZETA):
Mace has +20% Max Protection for each Galactic Republic Jedi, and Light side unaligned force user ally. At the start of the battle, If all allies are Galactic Republic, Mace gains Taunt for 1 turn which can’t be copied, dispelled, or prevented, and Protection Up (40%) for 1 turn which can't be dispelled.

FINAL TEXT: At the start of the battle, If all allies are Galactic Republic, Mace gains Protection Up (80%) for 1 turn which can't be dispelled.

While Mace Windu has Taunt his speed is set to 0, can’t lose health, takes Massive damage from destroy effects (excluding Raid bosses), can't gain damage immunity, can’t gain turn meter, has 65% Counter chance (doubled if he has protection up), and takes a bonus turn when he has no Protection.

Unique 2 - Shatterpoint (ZETA):
At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 55% chance to Expose the weakest enemy, and a random enemy until the end of his turn which can't be Resisted. In addition, He gains 25% Turn Meter when attacking exposed enemies.

FINAL TEXT: At the start of each of his turns, Mace exposes all enemies for 1 turn which can’t be resisted. Whenever a Galactic Republic ally attacks an exposed enemy they dispel all debuffs on themselves, and recover 10% Protection (doubled during their turn).

Replies

• Straegen
    194 posts Member
    Options
    3x5s8v.jpg
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I want to believe.... but....
  • Attan_2
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Straegen wrote: »
    3x5s8v.jpg
    Not trying, I'm just speculating about Kit Ideas, did you read it? but I believe if they wanted to make Mace Windu powerful, or something like that they should take the Current Mace Windu, turn their lightsaber blue, and rename them into Jedi Knight Mace Windu (from the phantom menace). Then make a "Jedi Master Mace Windu" as a Legendary character, and make him a Legendary character (or perhaps Galactic Legend), one of the requirements being to Relic 7 Mace Windu, but thats just me trying to think in CG's Game.
  • Options
    Okay, it's a little late. But I just had to respond. I've seen your original "your under arrest" kits as well, which where indeed too powerful. But somehow this one is even more broken. Seriously there is overpowered, there is power for the sake of power, and then there's this kit, which I can only explain as pure megalomania.
    The biggest problem by far is the Vaapad unique. Because I think you forgot Wat Tambor exists. Seriously with his tank tech on, this Mace is literally immortal. Since he literally can't be killed while he has taunt, and takes a bonus turn when he loses all protection. Which causes him to immediately recover 30% Protection from the tech and gain taunt again.
    But his Smite special is also really busted. I mean, Galactic Legends don't have specials this powerful. Both enemy dispels and ally cleanses are powerful effects by themselves, but then you also grant infinite max protection stacking to them, on top of the massive Max Protection stacking he has in his unique. HE also recovers protection and deals GMY levels of damage with it. GMY is still a glass cannon legendary character, so dealing that level of damage on top of all these powerful effects, is just way too much. (also, the exact amount of damage and protection recovered is very unclear, since "Defense" is a general term for either a characters Armor or Resistance. So it can mean Armor, Resistance, the average of Armor and Resistance, or Armor and Resistance combined)
    But even that is not enough, seeing as his basic can expose enemies, while dealing 50% more damage, while his lead also increases it's damage by 100% while also exposing all enemies at the start of his turn. Do you want to out damage SLKR or something? Also with this many exposes, he's honestly better in a resistance team than what you recommended.
    Honestly, the best advice I can give you is this: There is value in simplicity and specialization. Not every kit needs to be an essay, nor does every ability needs to do 10 different (powerful) things. If a singular ability does a single thing well, that's already a good ability. If it then also synergizes with the one or 2 things other abilities do, you already have an amazing kit.
    I've done a Mace Windu rework idea myself as well. I've even updated it very recently. You (as well as anyone else) can check it out here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228230/mace-windu-rework-idea-galactic-republic-jedi
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Okay, it's a little late. But I just had to respond. I've seen your original "your under arrest" kits as well, which where indeed too powerful. But somehow this one is even more broken. Seriously there is overpowered, there is power for the sake of power, and then there's this kit, which I can only explain as pure megalomania.
    The biggest problem by far is the Vaapad unique. Because I think you forgot Wat Tambor exists. Seriously with his tank tech on, this Mace is literally immortal. Since he literally can't be killed while he has taunt, and takes a bonus turn when he loses all protection. Which causes him to immediately recover 30% Protection from the tech and gain taunt again.
    But his Smite special is also really busted. I mean, Galactic Legends don't have specials this powerful. Both enemy dispels and ally cleanses are powerful effects by themselves, but then you also grant infinite max protection stacking to them, on top of the massive Max Protection stacking he has in his unique. HE also recovers protection and deals GMY levels of damage with it. GMY is still a glass cannon legendary character, so dealing that level of damage on top of all these powerful effects, is just way too much. (also, the exact amount of damage and protection recovered is very unclear, since "Defense" is a general term for either a characters Armor or Resistance. So it can mean Armor, Resistance, the average of Armor and Resistance, or Armor and Resistance combined)
    But even that is not enough, seeing as his basic can expose enemies, while dealing 50% more damage, while his lead also increases it's damage by 100% while also exposing all enemies at the start of his turn. Do you want to out damage SLKR or something? Also with this many exposes, he's honestly better in a resistance team than what you recommended.
    Honestly, the best advice I can give you is this: There is value in simplicity and specialization. Not every kit needs to be an essay, nor does every ability needs to do 10 different (powerful) things. If a singular ability does a single thing well, that's already a good ability. If it then also synergizes with the one or 2 things other abilities do, you already have an amazing kit.
    I've done a Mace Windu rework idea myself as well. I've even updated it very recently. You (as well as anyone else) can check it out here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228230/mace-windu-rework-idea-galactic-republic-jedi

Thanks for your feedback, I need help with making kits, and yeah I guess I forgot Wat Tambor existed. I can probably make a simpler version of this kit. What I intended Mace to be was to basically be a big Thick wall, since his base stats don't really do that much damage. His counterattacks doing some decent damage, and mostly relies on it to deal damage at all.