My team doesn't go first?

Guys I'm trying to figure out why my team is second to go even though my speed is higher than my opponent.

My team is Mando (L), IG-11, Kuil, Cara Dune, Boba.
My IG-11 is 232 speed, then add Mando's lead makes it 252.

Opponents team is Bastilla Shan (L), Yoda, Ashoka, Old Ben, JKA.
The opponent's Bastilla goes first with a speed of 215.
Am I missing a unique or something that's causing her to go first? No Zeta's on the team.

I'm also have trouble working out why some of my opponents Vader's go before me?

A 191 speed Vader goes before me. I calculate a speed bonus of 48 for a Vader team with Palp, Thrawn, Dooku, Tarkin.
My team has one rebel.
Yet he goes first again?

Are my calculations wrong?

Replies

• Options
    Guys I'm trying to figure out why my team is second to go even though my speed is higher than my opponent.

Am I missing a unique or something that's causing her to go first? No Zeta's on the team.

I'm also have trouble working out why some of my opponents Vader's go before me?

A 191 speed Vader goes before me. I calculate a speed bonus of 48 for a Vader team with Palp, Thrawn, Dooku, Tarkin.
    My team has one rebel.
    Yet he goes first again?

On Vader: 191 + 56 (not 48) + 8 = 255
    On Bastila: Leader -- t the start of the battle, Jedi allies gain 15% Turn Meter and Protection Up
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options

My team has one rebel.
    Yet he goes first again?

On Bastila: Leader -- t the start of the battle, Jedi allies gain 15% Turn Meter and Protection Up

Wow I am blind! Thank you. I read it as at the start of her turn. But that puts her at 247 still slower than my IG-11.
  • CamaroAMF
    1284 posts Member
    Options

My team has one rebel.
    Yet he goes first again?

Wow I am blind! Thank you. I read it as at the start of her turn. But that puts her at 247 still slower than my IG-11.

She gains 15% turn meter, not 15% speed. Correct calculation is 215/(1-0.85)=252.94 effective speed to start the match. I’m not 100% sure how the game handles decimals but sounds like it’s rounding up.
  • Options
    15% turn meter is not the same as 15% speed
  • UdalCuain
    5021 posts Member
    Options

My team has one rebel.
    Yet he goes first again?

Enemy Bastila only needs to fill 85% of her TM bar, so her effective starting speed for the first turn is 253 (215/0.85)
  • Options
    For the vader one, you have to count vader and palp twice because they both are empire and sith to add 8 speed twice each. So 8x7=56
    Not sure how you arrived at 48, because you must have been counting someone twice to get there, unless you were including your rebel in the 48.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    For the vader one, you have to count vader and palp twice because they both are empire and sith to add 8 speed twice each. So 8x7=56
    Not sure how you arrived at 48, because you must have been counting someone twice to get there, unless you were including your rebel in the 48.

Include the rebel, exclude vader, or count vader/palp once and include the rebel.

tbf, the fact vader counts himself IS a little odd, considering ~most~ games don't include the unit that has an ability like that. ...and then there's the fact not every character with a similar ability in this game counts themselves...

And then you have the nightmare of Vader vs Phoenix speed calcs. ;)
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    When a unit doesn't count itself the ability reads "other" allies.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH