About the new tank challenge reward...

2Next

Replies

• r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Uriakatos wrote: »
    Youre complaining now but wait until you see after the level cap we need 100 of those. Then youre gonna be grateful you stocked up
    No, then i will be happy to get those from the lvl 81 challenge. Makes 0 sense to have these in the lvl 72 int challenge atm.
    Hodor
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    r2steve2 wrote: »
    Uriakatos wrote: »
    Youre complaining now but wait until you see after the level cap we need 100 of those. Then youre gonna be grateful you stocked up
    No, then i will be happy to get those from the lvl 81 challenge. Makes 0 sense to have these in the lvl 72 int challenge atm.

I got mixed up in thinking Tanks = STR but yes the INT challenge is the all tanks one, my mistake!

Okay I wasn't paying attention this this morning but if the INT challenge is only awarding these without a 70 equal then this is a big mistake! I'll go edit my posts!
  • Options
    The problem is real simple guys:
    The lack of parallel structure between the challenges is weird.
    At 70:
    str challenges gave good laptops, 50 of str gear
    Int challenge gave 20 of int gear
    Agi challenge gave mk 5 laptops
    That's really weird structure, where only one challenge alleviates heavy bottlenecks AND low level ones at the same time. The other two offer weird choices of gear that is one tier lower (in both gear tiers and in the item scale of 5,10,20,50).
    At 80 we got
    Str challenge gives good laptops, str 50 of, and mk 4 droidcallers
    Int offers 20 of int items and a level 80+ ite
    And agi offers mk 5 laptops and althe 50 of agi item.
    The droidcallers would make sense to brig str back in line. The hairdryer help bring agi in line with everyone. The int challenge is now the weird one with a next level cap item and still no 50 of int item.

I'm just saying, it's weird.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    INT Challenge should drop the Mk 7 Bio Tech Implants to make the most sense, I think
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    INT Challenge should drop the Mk 7 Bio Tech Implants to make the most sense, I think

Which would make sense. And cause parallel ish structure between the challenges instead of the DeLorean that it's currently using.
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    Options
    :smile: agree, something like that would be fine
    Hodor
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    isn't there supposed to be a newly released way to get the 70-80 gear mats on monday? it would alleviate the issues with the 'gap' in gear challenge rewards
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I don't really view this as a bad thing at all. If I can start saving up 82 gear now on Challenges, that's frankly fantastic.

+1
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    isn't there supposed to be a newly released way to get the 70-80 gear mats on monday? it would alleviate the issues with the 'gap' in gear challenge rewards
    That would be great. It still doesn't make this any less stupid
    Hodor
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    That was one of the most hilarious thread I've read in ages, thank you guys! @Naecabon @r2steve2
    Res non verba
  • Options
    Well, you need to see the bigger picture. I do not mind having more of these as it is needed like the purple hairdryer for the next cap. I actually need 39 x 50 of these and will happily start collecting it anytime:>
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So the item we get from the lvl 72 version of the tank challenge is MK 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars

Guess what this is used for?
    http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/gear/MK-8-Neuro-Saav-Electrobinoculars

That's right. Level 82 gear. So we're now rewarded with pieces of gear we can't even use until the NEXT level cap after this one. Really?

@EA_Jesse, did the person responsible for this just drool all over the keyboard? How does this make any sense?

Better to be rewarded early than being level 70 for months trying to farm 50 jigglythingies with a 20% drop rate for all my characters and seeing them locked behind a lvl 72 challenge. Atleast when you do hit 80 you will have some.
    And that is the reason i'm sure it will be changed. There's no way we will be allowed to pre-farm +80 gear. There's a reason te next gear tiers show at 81 and 86.
    Post edited by Yarzahn on
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    I tried the lvl 72 challenge today. But windu one shots lvl 72 "tanks" even without shatter point. So for me it comes down to getting lucky with RG stuns. Or anyone got a working tactic?
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ... did the person responsible for this just drool all over the keyboard?

Haha, where do you guys get your lines from?!

Edit: Ok, just that one line above makes me sound the s tupid one. I concur with the majority here.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I tried the lvl 72 challenge today. But windu one shots lvl 72 "tanks" even without shatter point. So for me it comes down to getting lucky with RG stuns. Or anyone got a working tactic?

JKG with Offense Down, RG Stuns and Mace (Player) gets a lucky expose. I lost the first time but won the next two times. He is much tougher.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Darth_Noctambulo
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Yeah RG is the way to go, fives can slow him too, and today Mace slammed my Old Ben in one shot which gave my team a rocking run due to his "strike me down."
    I hit 72 today and was SO EXCITED about the first new thing to try. Today is the TANK challenge!!! When I won and saw the prizes... oh man, not as excited for this specific challenge now. I have over 200 of each of the things, and if what you are saying is correct on this thread - I will have hundreds of this new thing by the time it is usable. Just weird.
    At least the other challenges look like they give IV laptops and those x/50 agility guns. Oh well, those will be much needed to snag for sure.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    It's not the last tier of the challenge. The last tier unlocks at level 81
    Last tier is at level 86 (at least for me).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Yeah RG is the way to go, fives can slow him too. I hit 72 today and was SO EXCITED about the first new thing to try. Today is the TANK challenge!!! When I won and saw the prizes... oh man, not as excited for this specific challenge now. I have over 200 of each of the things, and if what you are saying is correct on this thread - I will have hundreds of this new thing by the time it is usable. Just weird.
    At least the other challenges look like they give IV laptops and those x/50 agility guns. Oh well, those will be much needed to snag for sure.

This times a thousand. Was excited to hit 72. Won the challenge, then saw the rewards.

2 of the 3 gear pieces are things I already have hundreds of and the third one (the new one!) is one that is needed by... no one.

yeah.

Yesterday I was defending CG/EA about guilds coming, raids, etc. - but the gear aspect of this game is SO incredibly broken. Lamesauce.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    I am doing it for the 40 credits more :disappointed:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Not for the two crystals the first time? lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

This had me! Haha.
  • Options
    Stage 7 mission composing of enemy lv 70 ish, wondering why dev's put lv 82 gear at lv72 challange, amzing moves!
    the cake is a lie