DR strength

Dylan7485959
15 posts Member
edited July 2021
My question is kind of subjective, but right now I have two gear 12 pieces on (4 missing) and he just doesn’t seem as strong as I’d have expected. Does he gain a lot more effectiveness? Obviously tweaking his mods are going to help but with that taken into account he just doesn’t hit hard yet
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Can you share your swgoh.gg so we can see which g12 pieces you have and which mods you have on etc
  • Options
    My question is kind of subjective, but right now I have two gear 12 pieces on (4 missing) and he just doesn’t seem as strong as I’d have expected. Does he gain a lot more effectiveness? Obviously tweaking his mods are going to help but with that taken into account he just doesn’t hit hard yet

so going g12 to g13? Mine hit hard at g12, but he was g12 before relics. Relics have warped my perception of a g12 character's strength now. Maybe that could be your problem too?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    DR's real strength lies in his speed and AoE crowd control.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Options
    and honnestly in the synergy with his team, and especially malak
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    DR needs very good (speed) mods to shine...
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Dylan7485959
    Here is my R1 DRhzglq9kyicj9.png
    It hits R2 GK for 17000 basic damage in current galactic challenge and GMY for 37000 to 42000 on basic, both with 5-10 stacks of ferocity.

For further reference, my G12 Malak drain life hit GK for 85000 and so did my G12 HK47 using annihilate.

The "damage" some characters bring to the table don't always appear as 1 big yellow number. As people mentioned above, can come from other synergies. Bastilla Fallen is the same way actually. uan2uhd9k8wi.jpg
    a3mb34c6ornt.jpg
    Hopefully that gives you some point of reference.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    This is how I have my DR modded (yes at R7 when I was running against GAS/501st meta back in the day). The health cross would be better as Offense but I’ll take the speed boost.
    92tximsyzues.png
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Defence Cross?

My modding goes for targets. I don't care where they come from. He has a really bad cross with 19 speed.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Defence Cross?

My modding goes for targets. I don't care where they come from. He has a really bad cross with 19 speed.

Why aren't you using a speed set?
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    c1zvor0dvl0o.jpg
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is set up like that ^
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Defence Cross?

I think that was directed at me since my set is offense. Mephisto_style is using a speed set.

I’m not using a speed set because those viable sets that I have are on other more powerful characters. I don’t remod for GAC, simply don’t have time or patience for it.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Defence Cross?

I think that was directed at me since my set is offense. Mephisto_style is using a speed set.

I’m not using a speed set because those viable sets that I have are on other more powerful characters. I don’t remod for GAC, simply don’t have time or patience for it.

Ah, sorry.