Replies

• Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    To chat outside of the game.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    They serve no useful purpose in this type of solo game.

Basically a group chat tab.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

... that has people really aggressively defending it.

Much like other games, it'll most likely turn into a slippery slope with 'guild only' perks that only those within a guild will receive and then only the highest ranked guilds will receive the best stuff.

The whales will have the highest ranked guilds, the F2P's will riot because it'll be just one more things that the whales have over the F2P's...

Essentially, a really bad idea.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    They are a great way for game companies to sell useless cosmetic perks as well.

In a group game, they make sense.
  • Options
    I hope they don't add guilds. If they do, I sure hope it's not something you HAVE to join to get new stuff. That's just my personal opinion though.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »

Much like other games, it'll most likely turn into a slippery slope with 'guild only' perks that only those within a guild will receive and then only the highest ranked guilds will receive the best stuff.

Yeah, kind of like college fraternities. Their main purpose is to socialize and brag how great they are compared to the other frats/guilds. I was in a guild while playing Dungeon Boss, and that was a waste of time. They constantly badger you to collect as much of the necessary awards or currency you can to boost the guild rank, at the expense of your own individual player status, since collecting the currency forced me to collect unwanted xp. The reward for participating was nothing - one measly character token per week and some credits.
    I was on a guild, but pretty much ignored the whole thing.
  • Options
    Interesting, I had an idea guilds were just a load of crap
  • Options

They are a great way for game companies to sell useless cosmetic perks as well.

In a group game, they make sense.

Guilds will/would be useful in a game if they add a war type feature and changed/improved the ally feature to match the guild. Clash of clans didn't implement the war feature until they'd been running a few years but had clans from the start and the new star trek timelines has the guild feature whilst they develop content for it.

The guild feature would also mean people would spend more time in game then on the forums and can only be looked at in a positive way. I really don't see why people don't want guilds added. Generally speaking if people don't like them they don't have to join one although it might mean missing out on some features.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Except you just said that guilds = guild events and mandatory participation to not miss out on rewards.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I really don't see why people don't want guilds added ---> if people don't like them they don't have to join one although it might mean missing out on some features.
    You answered yourself.
  • Options
    Eleiem wrote: »
    I really don't see why people don't want guilds added ---> if people don't like them they don't have to join one although it might mean missing out on some features.
    You answered yourself.

Explain how?
  • Options
    You answered yourself.

Explain how?

He's saying people don't want guilds because then they'll feel like they have to participate or they'll miss out on rewards needed to keep up in the game
  • Options
    You answered yourself.

Explain how?

He's saying people don't want guilds because then they'll feel like they have to participate or they'll miss out on rewards needed to keep up in the game

It would all depend on how it's implemented. There are several games with different guild structures they could decide to use - clash if they implement wars - however you can still earn the rewards from clash from solo play. Vainglory uses a participation system which is more geared towards those who play a lot but each guild still has the potential to earn the same rewards. I've played both of these solo and in guilds and do alright.

Basically there are a few different options/models they could use if they implement it but they don't necessarily mean you miss out if you don't join a guild
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Guild conflicts are exploitable by collusion.
    No thanks.
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »

Yeah, kind of like college fraternities.

Except without the partying, booze, hot chicks, and cool guys. :D
  • Options
    Sounds like some people have had bad experiences with guilds. I personally like them. And for this game I reckon they could work well. Big part of player retention
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Acky649 wrote: »
    Sounds like some people have had bad experiences with guilds. I personally like them. And for this game I reckon they could work well. Big part of player retention

Also just as likely to ruin their gaming experience and drive them away.
  • Options

I'm not sure what bad experiences you've had with guilds but I've found some really good mates from guilds in games that I've played. I still chat with them very regularly on line. Yeah some people aren't great but you get that everywhere you go.

Anyway to the OP I think guilds are for helping each other out, giving good advice and maybe some form of guild war. With some small reward but nothing outlandish to force people to join them to keep up
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options

Dude, I sense a something dark happened in the your past gaming life.
    You are the sole champion of advocating against guilds.

Why do you not like a new gaming experience added to the game?
    You do not like change? You not a team player?

Ok I read enough stuff you wrote against guilds.
    Please answer me one question: If guilds are implemented, and then you fail to find a spot in top guild, or you choose not to participate in guilds or you establish your own small guild with your ideals(which might not be top guild), how is your current gaming experience will be effected?

Crystals? even now people can buy them and surpass you?
    Activity/Exp? people can grind this game day-in-out, and surpass you in per day exp gain.
    Character shards? People can buy chromiums and surpass you in number of characters/stars in characters.

How do you know how guilds will be implemented in this game? What rewards they will give? why do negative about this stuff?

Just because you had a bad tasting burgur from a food-truck does not make all the burgers in this world bad? And then people survive without burgers also, have the nice salad :)
  • Options
    I think the best question to ask in a post like this is, what would the players who don't want guilds like to see in the game, or are they content with the game as is...
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    If they give guild bonuses it will make a unbalanced game even worse.
  • Options
    I think the best question to ask in a post like this is, what would the players who don't want guilds like to see in the game, or are they content with the game as is...

I'm not really keen on guilds: I don't like chats, especially with a phone. I also don't like raid as in Clash of clans where you steal resources from others. Guild wars for me is ok but not great as a concept.

So to answer your question: I would like a story mode where some toons are specifically required for some missions; I would like ships; I would like a training ground; I would like bigger battles with more toons; I would like the possibility of crafting gear; I would like more characters (Shaak-Ti, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Quinlan Vos, Rebels, etc); I would like more synergy, etc.

I just prefer solo experience over multiplayer.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Arijit wrote: »

Please answer me one question: If guilds are implemented, and then you fail to find a spot in top guild, or you choose not to participate in guilds or you establish your own small guild with your ideals(which might not be top guild), how is your current gaming experience will be effected?

Activity/Exp? people can grind this game day-in-out, and surpass you in per day exp gain.
    Character shards? People can buy chromiums and surpass you in number of characters/stars in characters.

How do you know how guilds will be implemented in this game? What rewards they will give? why do negative about this stuff?

Just because you had a bad tasting burgur from a food-truck does not make all the burgers in this world bad? And then people survive without burgers also, have the nice salad :)

It is a result of 30 years of gaming experience, not a single incident.
    I am also not the only one that feels this way.
    After the treatment I got, I am not surprised they chose to only minimally participate in the discussion.
    I have already stated many reasons why I think they are bad.
    An objective reader wil see that I proved my points.
    Guilds attract 4 types of people: sheep that need to feel included, the clueless that need their hand held constantly, dictators, and social butterflies.
    There are examples of guilds that are purely butterflies and sheep, but they are not the norm.

SWG, CoH, TOR, DDO, WoW, Halo, GTA... Platform and genre are irrelevant.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

After the treatment I got, I am not surprised they chose to only minimally participate in the discussion.
    Guilds attract 4 types of people: sheep that need to feel included, the clueless that need their hand held constantly, dictators, and social butterflies.
    There are examples of guilds that are purely butterflies and sheep, but they are not the norm.

+1
  • Acky649
    81 posts Member
    Options

I get you don't like guilds but no one will force you to join if they are implemented. and why try and stop them from happening seeing as a large number of people would like to see them?
    Also only 4 sorts of people in a guild? No wonder a lot of people are arguing with you, you obviously don't have much experience of being in a good guild...maybe you were the problem in all of them
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

I get you don't like guilds but no one will force you to join if they are implemented. and why try and stop them from happening seeing as a large number of people would like to see them?
    Also only 4 sorts of people in a guild? No wonder a lot of people are arguing with you, you obviously don't have much experience of being in a good guild...maybe you were the problem in all of them

No one wants guilds. Stop trying to force guilds and chat into the game.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm surprised you had nothing but bad experiences in games since you state it's been 30 years of trouble. These multi-player games have only been around maybe 20 tops so to see you having pain in the days of the Nintendo and Super Mario Bros, I'm surprised you play any games.

As for the treatment you received and people not participating in your conversation, I hate to see forum members feeling excluded from conversation. You may want to take note that many of your posts and conversion have been strictly negative and I really can't remember you speaking of something positive and I know many players think of you as a troubled person. Hearing that you've suffered for 30 years with trouble in games, this makes perfect sense that you have a negative view. Ask a guy who's served 30 years in prison how he likes it, I'm sure he'd feel like you.

To fix that, I'd speak about some positives maybe, things that you like about the game or other, maybe even an off-topic conversation. As you said, you've had 30 years of bad experiences playing games, maybe it's not for you?? There are plenty of people I know who don't play them at all, maybe it's the source of your unhappiness???

Remember, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result....
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options

I'm surprised you had nothing but bad experiences in games since you state it's been 30 years of trouble. These multi-player games have only been around maybe 20 tops so to see you having pain in the days of the Nintendo and Super Mario Bros, I'm surprised you play any games.

As for the treatment you received and people not participating in your conversation, I hate to see forum members feeling excluded from conversation. You may want to take note that many of your posts and conversion have been strictly negative and I really can't remember you speaking of something positive and I know many players think of you as a troubled person.

To fix that, I'd speak about some positives maybe, things that you like about the game or other, maybe even an off-topic conversation. As you said, you've had 30 years of bad experiences playing games, maybe it's not for you?? There are plenty of people I know who don't play them at all, maybe it's the source of your unhappiness???

+1
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    IMG
  • Options
    When I saw this thread I first thought of the song "War, what is it good for" clearly I am drunk sorry all.
This discussion has been closed.