81 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Acky649 wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »
    Arijit wrote: »
    Sounds like some people have had bad experiences with guilds. I personally like them. And for this game I reckon they could work well. Big part of player retention

Also just as likely to ruin their gaming experience and drive them away.

Dude, I sense a something dark happened in the your past gaming life.
    You are the sole champion of advocating against guilds.

Why do you not like a new gaming experience added to the game?
    You do not like change? You not a team player?

Ok I read enough stuff you wrote against guilds.
    Please answer me one question: If guilds are implemented, and then you fail to find a spot in top guild, or you choose not to participate in guilds or you establish your own small guild with your ideals(which might not be top guild), how is your current gaming experience will be effected?

Crystals? even now people can buy them and surpass you?
    Activity/Exp? people can grind this game day-in-out, and surpass you in per day exp gain.
    Character shards? People can buy chromiums and surpass you in number of characters/stars in characters.

How do you know how guilds will be implemented in this game? What rewards they will give? why do negative about this stuff?

Just because you had a bad tasting burgur from a food-truck does not make all the burgers in this world bad? And then people survive without burgers also, have the nice salad :)

It is a result of 30 years of gaming experience, not a single incident.
    I am also not the only one that feels this way.
    After the treatment I got, I am not surprised they chose to only minimally participate in the discussion.
    I have already stated many reasons why I think they are bad.
    An objective reader wil see that I proved my points.
    Guilds attract 4 types of people: sheep that need to feel included, the clueless that need their hand held constantly, dictators, and social butterflies.
    There are examples of guilds that are purely butterflies and sheep, but they are not the norm.

SWG, CoH, TOR, DDO, WoW, Halo, GTA... Platform and genre are irrelevant.

I get you don't like guilds but no one will force you to join if they are implemented. and why try and stop them from happening seeing as a large number of people would like to see them?
    Also only 4 sorts of people in a guild? No wonder a lot of people are arguing with you, you obviously don't have much experience of being in a good guild...maybe you were the problem in all of them

No one wants guilds. Stop trying to force guilds and chat into the game.

I do, so do many others.

Also why do these guild threads always get hijacked by people. I am sorry for my part in it OP
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please no Clash of clanes bull in this game I dont need anyone stealing my credits thank you very much.

Guilds are good to help each other out as a chat feature or at least to keep me out of the forum but no raiding craapp going on or Ill uninstall ASAP I played clash of clans made Town hall 10 I has level 126 but I grew weary of the constantly having to stay connected to watch over my clan if I was leader or make sure I followed the rules if I was just a member. Im 21 I have a life and I did spend times without a clan but basically Clash is connecte attack prepare more troops come back 3 hours later and repeat constantly checking in to make sure you weren't **** while your gone to long.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Please no Clash of clanes bull in this game I dont need anyone stealing my credits thank you very much.

Guilds are good to help each other out as a chat feature or at least to keep me out of the forum but no raiding ******* going on or Ill uninstall ASAP I played clash of clans made Town hall 10 I has level 126 but I grew weary of the constantly having to stay connected to watch over my clan if I was leader or make sure I followed the rules if I was just a member. Im 21 I have a life and I did spend times without a clan but basically Clash is connecte attack prepare more troops come back 3 hours later and repeat constantly checking in to make sure you weren't ****** while your gone to long.

In the same logic, lets remove the Arena feature. Leaving all tasks around 6pm, I have to constantly keep playing this game. for attaining Arena rewards, this is so taxing, OMG, life is so unfair, I am so sad when I see my arena rank slipping down. I need to spend crystals to refresh arena fights. These players in arena are ripping my money, my precious crystals, crystals that are rightfully mine, mine mine.... HAHAHAAH, my precious.....
    And ya lets remove the bonus energies, I hate to keep reminding myself to collect them. Lets remove refresh in shipments, I hate to remind myself to login here and there to maximise my shipment collection.

Please remove GW. I hate to play everyday with so many retreats. If I do not play others complete them and gain more green gems, my precious green gems and then I fall behind.

EA please make a personalized game for me, please..... and one for all of those who are cynical of the guild feature and give them lots of bots so they are happy by not being social moths :expressionless:
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.
    I never said I had 30 years of BAD experience.
    I have had several negative experiences in that time, and have witnessed many more. I have been playing video games since the ColecoVision. I think my first game forum was for Contra (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start).

I am not sure why I am bothering to reply at all, You do not really care about my answer. You just want to insult me more.

I am sure that you and your guildies have had nice chats about me behind my back, trying to diagnose my "problem" of disagreeing with you. Gossip, Drama, Collusion, Exclusion... These are the hallmarks of nearly any guild.

I am a Ranger. I walk my own path. I certainly do not need some 12 year old trying to boss me around, and I dont care how old you and your "friends" really are, you come off like petulant 6th graders who were just told they can't have candy before dinner.

Real friends are not faceless dweebs on the Interwebs.

If my posts seem negative to you, it is because you have only read my comments on guilds. I often give advice, and have been thanked many times. I have also been invited to guilds, so I know there are many who find me helpful and entertaining.

I have already dismissed your counterparts as malcontents who cant take a joke, as have others. You may notice that I have not been silenced, but they got awful quiet. Think real hard about why that might be...
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

Guilds are good to help each other out as a chat feature or at least to keep me out of the forum but no raiding ******* going on or Ill uninstall ASAP I played clash of clans made Town hall 10 I has level 126 but I grew weary of the constantly having to stay connected to watch over my clan if I was leader or make sure I followed the rules if I was just a member. Im 21 I have a life and I did spend times without a clan but basically Clash is connecte attack prepare more troops come back 3 hours later and repeat constantly checking in to make sure you weren't ****** while your gone to long.

In the same logic, lets remove the Arena feature. Leaving all tasks around 6pm, I have to constantly keep playing this game. for attaining Arena rewards, this is so taxing, OMG, life is so unfair, I am so sad when I see my arena rank slipping down. I need to spend crystals to refresh arena fights. These players in arena are ripping my money, my precious crystals, crystals that are rightfully mine, mine mine.... HAHAHAAH, my precious.....
    And ya lets remove the bonus energies, I hate to keep reminding myself to collect them. Lets remove refresh in shipments, I hate to remind myself to login here and there to maximise my shipment collection.

Please remove GW. I hate to play everyday with so many retreats. If I do not play others complete them and gain more green gems, my precious green gems and then I fall behind.

EA please make a personalized game for me, please..... and one for all of those who are cynical of the guild feature and give them lots of bots so they are happy by not being social moths :expressionless:

1) I said guilds are good to a point
    2) The refresh timer for shipments is great 6 hours is more then enough time to be able to log in and get what you want.
    3) The free energy last 2 hours to claim not like getting out of the app and instantly getting robbed blind like in clash.
    4) The arena feature you have a full 18 hours to do your 5 attacks and if you are like me in the top 100 you do not worrie about connecting at 5:55pm sharp to snipe anyone because your reword is not going to change.
    5) GW you have 24 hours to do it and if you have 8000 tokens stored up like me theres no pressure on doing it to get and shards
    6) your a ignorant little **** I wast no more time on you
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.
    I have had several negative experiences in that time, and have witnessed many more. I have been playing video games since the ColecoVision. I think my first game forum was for Contra (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start).

I am not sure why I am bothering to reply at all, You do not really care about my answer. You just want to insult me more.

I am sure that you and your guildies have had nice chats about me behind my back, trying to diagnose my "problem" of disagreeing with you. Gossip, Drama, Collusion, Exclusion... These are the hallmarks of nearly any guild.

I am a Ranger. I walk my own path. I certainly do not need some 12 year old trying to boss me around, and I dont care how old you and your "friends" really are, you come off like petulant 6th graders who were just told they can't have candy before dinner.

If my posts seem negative to you, it is because you have only read my comments on guilds. I often give advice, and have been thanked many times. I have also been invited to guilds, so I know there are many who find me helpful and entertaining.

I have already dismissed your counterparts as malcontents who cant take a joke, as have others. You may notice that I have not been silenced, but they got awful quiet. Think real hard about why that might be...

I support this guy. Ignorance is apparently a must for many people on the forum. Any ways no more time being wasted on ignorant trolls im out.
  • Options
    Please dont misquote me.

I'm at work, we'll continue our argument when I get home.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

I support this guy. Ignorance is apparently a must for many people on the forum. Any ways no more time being wasted on ignorant trolls im out.

And another voice calls out from the wilderness.
    Thank you, stranger, that took courage.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

Lol I know

Aint I great??

JK anyways to me the forum isn't for fighting and arguing its just to talk with other players get advice and have a laugh here and there so peace people im calling it in for the night
  • Options
    Please dont misquote me.

Lol I know

Aint I great??

JK anyways to me the forum isn't for fighting and arguing its just to talk with other players get advice and have a laugh here and there so peace people im calling it in for the night

Have a good one.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Acky649
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

I have read the forums a fair bit. Not posted much but why do you not want guilds?

It's not like it will be mandatory to join one. And you won't need to worry about the gossip etc (because you won't be in one) Is it simply you would rather the devs focus on other things you find more important? Cause that I understand. But I can't understand being so against guilds when you don't need to be in one
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

And there I thought you were a ranger :neutral:
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

I have read the forums a fair bit. Not posted much but why do you not want guilds?

It's not like it will be mandatory to join one. And you won't need to worry about the gossip etc (because you won't be in one) Is it simply you would rather the devs focus on other things you find more important? Cause that I understand. But I can't understand being so against guilds when you don't need to be in one

I have already stated my case several times. Go read it.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

Let me tell you in one line his reason: according to him Guilds == Drama :neutral:
  • Acky649
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

I have already stated my case several times. Go read it.

That sort of answers one of my questions. But if you're a "Lone Ranger" you won't be in one. So why is it a problem? Let us "12 year olds" have our fun in our dramatic guilds
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Please dont misquote me.

And there I thought you were a ranger :neutral:

Either you do not know what a Ranger is, or English is not your native language, or both.
    Allow me to enlighten you:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Rangers Lead The Way!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @BentWookiee @FashionFett @warmonkey1024

Please close this thread. There is zero worthwhile discussion happening. It's being used as a spring board for one person to repeatedly insult those who play differently than him.
  • Options
    Well this post spiraled out of control.

There's really no point in insulting each other over a feature that might or might not be in the game in the future.

Closing this down.
This discussion has been closed.