Play point bundle nerf?

Replies

• Options
    Just bought one not knowing this. I am very disappointed. Glad I didn't buy the big one.

As long as I get my energy after the event is over (assuming that's why this happened), I'll be fine with it.
  • Options
    Just bought one not knowing this. I am very disappointed. Glad I didn't buy the big one.

As long as I get my energy after the event is over (assuming that's why this happened), I'll be fine with it.

Yeah I bought 2 small ones before I noticed, then bought a big one just to see if it was only the small one they nerfed. Nope.

I’ll only be slightly annoyed if that’s the case but if the energy is gone for good I’m going F2P.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options

If you are going for LV, then yeah, better to save your play points until the event ends and see if the energy is back in the pack

Unfortunate for those who care about the executor, and RC more than LV though
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    Options
    Seytia wrote: »
    As an IPhone user I love this. We get nothing like this so please stop complaining.

It takes less than 30 minutes to setup bluestacks, iOS users can get these packs that way as well.

Unless you live in a country where the $-to-points multiplier is zero, which is pretty much the majority of the world. This always felt like an unfair advantage to me, in addition to the currency exchange hit.
    Still, to remove that without notice wasn't cool.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

If you are going for LV, then yeah, better to save your play points until the event ends and see if the energy is back in the pack

Unfortunate for those who care about the executor, and RC more than LV though

I doubt the energy will come back. I'll save my points and maybe buy play credit instead.

This is annoying and again shows how CG lacks of communication. Sigh!
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah this should have been announced. This is the lack of Transparency that just feeds more distrust between the player base and the developers. Debate whether the decision to remove the energy is right or not all you want.. but to let people spend their points THINKING they would still get energy.. that is 100% shady and manipulative.
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    Options
    Can't get sunburnt in 100% shade at least.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Someone’s tinfoil hat is on a little too tight
  • Options
    Just got an answer from CG support "This is working as intended"
  • Options
    To quote support: "We have active players who took the initiative and post the queries on the forums [referencing this thread]. So you were able to be aware that you would not be receiving energy with your purchases."
  • Options
    Great communication strategy. 🙄
  • Seytia
    24 posts Member
    Options
    To quote support: "We have active players who took the initiative and post the queries on the forums [referencing this thread]. So you were able to be aware that you would not be receiving energy with your purchases."

****, where’s my refund then
  • Options

Low blow after low blow CG....
  • Options
    Has the contents changed recently? I got no energy of any kind this time?
  • UdalCuain
    5046 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I just redeemed one and got none either.

Edit: it's now a "Galactic Advancement" pack rather than "Galactic Enhancement". Same but no energy: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/247819/play-point-bundle-nerf/p1
  • Options
    Another stealth nerf :-(
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Just when you think CG can't get any more absurd, the support comes in to prove you wrong. Seriously, those guys are on a whole different level than even the core CG.
  • JoryG87
    259 posts Member
    Options
    I purchased one of the kits couple hours ago and didn't even receive it
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

If that's real then...wow. I didn't know the bar could drop so low.
  • Options
    Seytia wrote: »
    As an IPhone user I love this. We get nothing like this so please stop complaining.

It takes less than 30 minutes to setup bluestacks, iOS users can get these packs that way as well.

As they say on their website you have to become an Android user first. Then link your game account to the Google ID, then …. you are not an iOS anymore at the very moment you buy those packs.

And you can redeem those play points in the simulated Android context only. Again, not as an iOS user.
  • Winterwolves
    1766 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    It just became available in other countries, so they must have changed it as that happened.

I say other countries, as I assume NZ isn't the only place that just had it appear for the first time.
  • Options
    In addition to losing the energy and gaining literally nothing, the price has increased!!!! It went from 175 to 180 points for the small kit (my google account is European)
  • Options
    In addition to losing the energy and gaining literally nothing, the price has increased!!!! It went from 175 to 180 points for the small kit (my google account is European)

Not the case in the UK. Still 150
  • scuba
    14165 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm. Glad I grabbed mine when I did
  • UdalCuain
    5046 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Hmm. Glad I grabbed mine when I did

Silly me waited for the free points before claiming mine.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Something tells me EA is counting every single penny they can milk out of this game because they are likely intending to shut GOH down sooner rather than later. This screams of being a complete penny pinching move. So little to gain for such an unpopular move. Usually when you see a move like this, it is a big sign the end times are coming for the game.
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    Options
    Ah yes another repeat of the same "game is about to die" post that has been made since the forum was created.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ah yes another repeat of the same "game is about to die" post that has been made since the forum was created.

True, very true. But then again EA did not have as much friction with Disney all those years as they do this year. EA has already lost much power with Disney and Lucas Arts in the last six months.. so the signs carry a little more weight at this point than they did a few years ago when EA still had exclusive rights to the entire franchise.

• Options
    Please make this google play points available in Singapore… thanks!