PSA: Bariss does not "trivialize GW".

Prev13
InternetSwag
2658 posts Member
edited April 2016
I roll my eyes every time I see someone post this.

Yes, she makes GW easier, duh, she's a healer. Arguably the best for GW? Maybe, but probably tied with Luminara. They're different enough that they can co-exist. (Bariss being better for Sid, Lumi being better for HOT's and Lumi hits like a truck with her special).

But if you already have no issues clearing GW she's a hindrance not a 'trivialization' because she, as the forum so eloquently puts it, "hits like a wet noodle".
asd.jpg(Actual footage of Bariss' lightsaber.)

She's gonna heal and then... what? Stand there looking sexy (see avatar).
Personally I've always preferred JC/Lumi setup because JC has a short cooldown and decent damage, where as Lumi can ability block and crit for 9k+. I don't think I've failed a GW in the last two months (started in Feb).

That being said, if you prefer Bariss then go for it, she's got the penultimate way of getting past HI. But new players especially, do not see Bariss as this 'holy grail' of GW 'trivialization'.

(This is coming from a Bariss fan - see sig/PP)

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Luminara + Barriss + Ahsoka comes pretty close to trivializing it for me...
  • Options
    But you're meant to put Barriss + Lumi + JC for the holy grail of healness. And now you can even add Ahsoka for even more heals.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi plus speed DPS

JC and RG just makes guest appearances when cooldowns are a problem.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Luminara + Barriss + Ahsoka comes pretty close to trivializing it for me...
    • Lists 3 heroes
    • Draws correlation to OP somehow
    • Nope
  • Options
    I run Barris lead with JC, Lum, QGJ, Lum for GW and clear without a death
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    To me the main point is that, after I started to use Barris as leader on all my GW matches the whole thing is indeed easier. By easier I mean that Sid/Dooku last long and I have to retreat less. I got her from a lucky bronzium pull. But GW is designed so you can use most of your roster - judging by the description in game. That said, GW is usually easier to me because I started Pokemon style and have a lot of chars in good shape. Indeed, she is not a holy grail, but besides her heal against Sid/Kylo heal block, there is a per turn healing and max health that makes a difference.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    But you're meant to put Barriss + Lumi + JC for the holy grail of healness. And now you can even add Ahsoka for even more heals.

You could, but in that example Bariss is overkill. For about 80% of GW you won't even need her and she could be replaced with another toon.

Of course, it's your choice how to do GW. :)
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options

Lol Sid and Dooku can be a bit more problematic with that many jedi.

I personally prefer rebels + a healer for GW. Occasionally substitute daka or JC in. I don't even have Bariss and i clear quite regularly

@InternetSwag nice post, especially the Bariss lightsaber photos lol
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Lumi plus speed DPS

This is pretty much what I do except JC is usually part of my main team. I sub in Bariss where necessary.
  • Options
    What do people mean by trivialize GW? Like they think she makes it too easy?
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Glad for this thread OP. I'm no fan of Barris at all. My GW was initially run with self-healers(Sid,Finn, and now RG) mostly and Lumi lead. Now it's Chirpa/Elder being my heals.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Indeed, she is not a holy grail, but besides her heal against Sid/Kylo heal block, there is a per turn healing and max health that makes a difference.

Yup, as I said in the OP, she's the best way to deal with HI.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget her leader abilities that heal for roughly 1.7k and increasing health by 20% (half of each of those for non-jedi).

She also heals the party some % of the time for her basic.

By no means does this trivialize GW. I find that this makes it easier in the earlier nodes not to have to trigger anyone else's heals that need 4 turns to reset.

By the end I usually have her on the bench though.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Carbrenash wrote: »

Basically people nuthug her as if she's a requirement, when she's not (and she's quite difficult to get especially as a new player so I don't want them going '**** how do I get this character when I'm only level 48?').
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi plus speed DPS

This is pretty much what I do except JC is usually part of my main team. I sub in Bariss where necessary.

I used to run QG, GS,RP, Lumi, JC. But I kept losing JC because I left him at 4 star so I had to retreat too often. When Rey and RG got to 5 star Rey took the starting spot from JC and RG or JC go in to get through bad cooldown spots on Lumi.

Works much faster now. Probably 3 to 4 total retreats.
  • Options
    Lumi are nice - I have nothing opposite. but... all playing gw by the team what they have. for example - I was got Barris from bronsium really early. I haven't Lumi, but I not need her. Barris + Daka + RG + 2dd - that's not the best party (may be) but I don't know what toon may be replaced by Lumi. she slow and have really long CD.

but in another side - not all so lucky to get Barris free and in-time. Lumi are easy to get.

what I wanna say? This two are near the same (if You havnt Sid in all gw-opponents parties - like I have) - try one which easer to get.
  • Options
    Bariss lead +yoda + lumi + jc + qgj = auto battle all of gw..
  • Options
    Not to be pedantic, but I do not think this means what you think it means.

Penultimate: next to last
  • Options

Basically people nuthug her as if she's a requirement, when she's not (and she's quite difficult to get especially as a new player so I don't want them going '**** how do I get this character when I'm only level 48?').

Oh gotcha, I thought they were saying those of us that use her are cheap or exploiting or something. I don't want to spend much time on GW, but I want to finish it each day. I sacrificed my arena rank for awhile to get her (and today) cb I'd rather have an easier GW each day.

She's not a must have, but she sure makes it easier! :)
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Now it's Chirpa/Elder being my heals.

Now that's a team :smiley:
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Woops.
    Epic fail on my part.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I don't yet have Barriss and really the only reason I might get her is to get my 7* Yoda (even then, I'm considering leveling a different Jedi). Her lack of any offense is just a huge turn off for me for the amount of time I'd have to invest into her. I just don't see myself using her in her current form for anything outside of the Yoda event.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Lumi plus speed DPS

I used to run QG, GS,RP, Lumi, JC. But I kept losing JC because I left him at 4 star so I had to retreat too often. When Rey and RG got to 5 star Rey took the starting spot from JC and RG or JC go in to get through bad cooldown spots on Lumi.

Works much faster now. Probably 3 to 4 total retreats.

You use QGJ as lead?
    I do it for as long as I can until GW forces me to change.
    It's amazing how effective Arena teams can be in GW. I usually end up taking 1-2 enemies and then just auto attack the rest till my CD's are refreshed.
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    double post
  • Options
    I use:
    Barriss (Lead)
    Lumi
    Ahsoka
    Q.G.J.
    Yoda
    All max star, level and gear. It's extremely easy to finish with this group from start to end.
  • Options
    ;)

Loved the pool noodle sabers BTW.

I do think she has helped a lot, but I got her just before the latest GW adjustments. I do think that subbing her in saves me a lot of toons and restarts, but was finishing without her anyway.

Woops.
    Epic fail on my part.

• Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Best team I've ever used for GW is Barriss lead, lumi, qgj, dooku, daka. Works amazing. You could swap qgj for gs or Rey probably
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Lumi are nice - I have nothing opposite. but... all playing gw by the team what they have. for example - I was got Barris from bronsium really early. I haven't Lumi, but I not need her. Barris + Daka + RG + 2dd - that's not the best party (may be) but I don't know what toon may be replaced by Lumi. she slow and have really long CD.

but in another side - not all so lucky to get Barris free and in-time. Lumi are easy to get.

what I wanna say? This two are near the same (if You havnt Sid in all gw-opponents parties - like I have) - try one which easer to get.

Well yeah if you get Bariss early you are lucky and I'm jealous because 80 shards is... :confounded::confounded::confounded:

Oh gotcha, I thought they were saying those of us that use her are cheap or exploiting or something. I don't want to spend much time on GW, but I want to finish it each day. I sacrificed my arena rank for awhile to get her (and today) cb I'd rather have an easier GW each day.

She's not a must have, but she sure makes it easier! :)

Oh definitely, I'm never gonna say don't use her. She is awesome!
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I got lucky and pulled 4* Barris from Bronzium. After I promoted her to 6*, GW has been fairly easy. I certainly do pair with Lumi and use harder hitting Greedo, Phasma and First Order Officer for early kills on Sid, Dooku and droids. Everything else I can heal my way through.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I love how "hits like a wet noodle" has just stuck with the community. While it is entertaining, we seriously need to expand our range of colloquial expressions a little.

Lately I've made it just fine through GW using only Barriss as healer, and Ahsoka as secondary healer, spending half the time on the bench. You just need toons with plenty of HP. That makes Barriss' heal super effective.
This discussion has been closed.