175 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer
    beating various Executor fleets (different stars and lineups).

Gonna have to see if there's a super secret OP lineup that CG tested and wished us all "good luck" for but I don't see anything else than HT, RC and either XB, IG or S1 to be ideal.
    And if the HT, RC, XB/IG/S1 lineup is alrdy the supposed best lineup and it getting beaten so easily by above fleets is WAI then that's a 10/10 joke and many ppl just wasted resources worth a 1/2 GL, bloated their roster and can very possibly enjoy facing opponents with a GL more now.

it's not getting beaten so easily, those guys have r5 AA for HO, who does that ? or r5 Bistian and r5 SRP, who does that ? Only the top players. Us regs were having a hard time beating it then and can't beat it now. We have to ask those with exe to change out their team so we can get into the top 5. It's not fun and it's embarrassing. I hate CG for doing this to us.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    What is this Executor buff CG?! I have all the important pilots relic‘d (yes, also Bistan and SRP), I did invest to get the Executor, I even invested the seven thousand crystals to take it to 5 stars and all I‘m getting is a 20% win rate?! Really?! What a joke!
    Opponent‘s Exe starts and either kills a ship or marks it (HT, RC, XB), if it can survive all the hits, and dies a few turns afterwards.

I get it, a 4, 5 or 6 star Exe shouldn’t have an easier time vs a 7 star Exe than the other way around. But if you make a ship (or character) available, that unlocks at 4 stars, you obviously have to test such things! You should know that after nearly six years developing for this game!
    (For the uninitiated: CG mentioned in the interview with CFH, that they mostly test maxed out stuff vs other maxed out stuff)

Shadow1989 @\StarSon CG was selling hype and it clearly worked for you

100% it worked for me. Although now when I start my climb from 15th I still need to refresh because 7* mirrors are complete RNG.
  • Options
    artusa wrote: »
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer

Gonna have to see if there's a super secret OP lineup that CG tested and wished us all "good luck" for but I don't see anything else than HT, RC and either XB, IG or S1 to be ideal.
    And if the HT, RC, XB/IG/S1 lineup is alrdy the supposed best lineup and it getting beaten so easily by above fleets is WAI then that's a 10/10 joke and many ppl just wasted resources worth a 1/2 GL, bloated their roster and can very possibly enjoy facing opponents with a GL more now.

it's not getting beaten so easily, those guys have r5 AA for HO, who does that ? or r5 Bistian and r5 SRP, who does that ? Only the top players. Us regs were having a hard time beating it then and can't beat it now. We have to ask those with exe to change out their team so we can get into the top 5. It's not fun and it's embarrassing. I hate CG for doing this to us.

XB instead of IG in the opening lineup makes rebels virtually impossible, as far as I know.

I have seen 2 at 5* in GAC so far. I have not gotten a 1st try win yet with Mal, trying to follow the advice of all the vids I can find. People saying it's an easy win after the update are full of it or need to share.
  • Options
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer

XB instead of IG in the opening lineup makes rebels virtually impossible, as far as I know.

I have seen 2 at 5* in GAC so far. I have not gotten a 1st try win yet with Mal, trying to follow the advice of all the vids I can find. People saying it's an easy win after the update are full of it or need to share.

All I know is my 7* Executor with r8 IG, Bossk, Boba and r7 BAM, Cad is getting trashed in one fight in each GAC match post update. 2 out of 3 left their 4 or 5* Executors on defense so I'm not sure what's beating it but it certainly isn't giving people that much of a problem
  • Options
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer

All I know is my 7* Executor with r8 IG, Bossk, Boba and r7 BAM, Cad is getting trashed in one fight in each GAC match post update. 2 out of 3 left their 4 or 5* Executors on defense so I'm not sure what's beating it but it certainly isn't giving people that much of a problem

XB out front?
  • Options
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer

XB out front?

I've done both Xanadu/RC/Hound's Tooth and IG2k/RC/Hound's Tooth and same result. 6-dot mods too
  • Options
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer

XB out front?

I've done both Xanadu/RC/Hound's Tooth and IG2k/RC/Hound's Tooth and same result. 6-dot mods too

Well... can your opponent that beat the Xanadu comp teach me his secrets? XD
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    What is this Executor buff CG?! I have all the important pilots relic‘d (yes, also Bistan and SRP), I did invest to get the Executor, I even invested the seven thousand crystals to take it to 5 stars and all I‘m getting is a 20% win rate?! Really?! What a joke!
    Opponent‘s Exe starts and either kills a ship or marks it (HT, RC, XB), if it can survive all the hits, and dies a few turns afterwards.

I get it, a 4, 5 or 6 star Exe shouldn’t have an easier time vs a 7 star Exe than the other way around. But if you make a ship (or character) available, that unlocks at 4 stars, you obviously have to test such things! You should know that after nearly six years developing for this game!
    (For the uninitiated: CG mentioned in the interview with CFH, that they mostly test maxed out stuff vs other maxed out stuff)

Shadow1989 @\StarSon CG was selling hype and it clearly worked for you

100% it worked for me. Although now when I start my climb from 15th I still need to refresh because 7* mirrors are complete RNG.

yea this is a total problem... why would CG make a meta like this? Since the buff, I lose many more than I win. It's just ugly.
  • Options
    The Executor will be fun for the whales... for a while... until there are three or four other Executors and it becomes a struggle to dominate.

At that point, the whales will complain it's too strong, and a new ship (already planned) will be released to make mirror matches or counters easier.

They are just waiting for the frustration to hit the whales, and then dangle the next carrot.
  • Options
    What annoys me most is the impact of Executor to GAC. When your score is no longer dependent on personal skill but mainly RNG, then GAC as a PVP competition completely loses its charm for me.

It's really sad, but Executor completely killed GAC.
  • Options
    With the release of the Executor and the post release buff, I think CG might have made their biggest mistake to date (a bold claim, I know :wink: ). They have made everyone mad.
    Lets start with the most important group (in the eyes of CG): Whales.
    • The pre-buff version of the 7* Executor was considered lackluster (the famous "good luck" statement really backfired, in this I blame the community as our reaction likely was what lead to this disaster) and there were problems with lower tier teams being better than higher tier teams. The last part needed to be fixed (although I found the power level at release more or less spot on), but from what I hear, the current 7* mirrors are really, really bad. And as the team cannot be beating on defence regularly, it makes for awkward GAC og TW battles. TW is just a numbers game now, the guild with most Executors win. Even whales likes a bit of skill :wink:
    Dolphins/hoarders: the ones like me who got the ship at 5 or 6*.
    • We really got hit by the buff. Before we could take out 7* ships and that was one of the reasons I "invested" in 5*. That is just worthless now. Were is our refund? As a side note, as I write this 9 ships in my top 15 are 7* Executors - and with 5 in a row there is no way though.
    Fishs/hoarders: the ones that got the ship at 4*.
    • They got hit by the buff just as much as the group above, but at least they spend less crystals.
    f2p and most others: the ones that didn't get the ship at all
    • Auch! Post buff it is just goodby to crystals each and every day, there is no coming back from this.

See? Everyone have reason to be angry. And I have not even begun mentioning the obvious lack of testing that lead to the buff - and the just as obvious lack of testing of the buff. I know all the arguments about how the community is 1000s times more people that CG, but some on! They are supposed to be professionals and it's not like the counters were weird in any way. Did they only test against Negotiator?
    What can be done?
    • Let's start with the most pressing: CG needs to acknowledge the mistake, apologize (yes, the community deserves an apology from a billion $ company that releases an update that threatens the long term life of the game. And make no mistake, the combination of the GL-counters nerf and this will lead to people leave the game again in droves. We are talking the dark times at spring 2020 all over.
    • Then we need a new fix. One that is tested and brings the ship to a power level that makes for fun play. It need to be beatable (>50%) by at least 2 other capital ships.Make the ships be Endurance and Raddus if you want to make money of players gearing up counters; I don't care. Fix the mirrors, something like JMK+Cat (auto-able with just a few targeting clicks during battle) would be really sweet.
    • ... oh and one more thing: learn from this! If you treat your customers bad, then the just might decide to stop being your customers. While I don't hear a lot of no-spend pledges, I hear a lot of "not right now". Wonder why.... :frowning:

One more thing. The "Fix" didn't fix the other big gear/star related problem: a slow (read: weak) Razor Crest is still way better than a fast one. It lets you mark the opposing RC.
    FIX EXECUTOR, NOW!
  • Options
    So far I've heard of
    - Male
    - Nego
    - Rebels
    - Finalizer

I agree @Legend91 with the comment of @artusa
    I've 'heard' a whole lot of people saying they've 'heard' or 'seen' Executor being beaten by Malevolence, Home One, Negotiator or Finalizer...
    ... to quote Morpheus in Matrix... 'Show me'... and not a one-off battle that won, but consistent winning.

High relic'd rebels 'can' beat Executor.... but it's a coin flip on a good day.
    Malevolence again can win... but rng prevails here... I'd say a 1 in 3 chance if your fleet is maxed and you are very lucky that rng doesn't bite you, and if rng does, there's no win condition.
    Negotiator I've personally won once or twice versus the fleet with IG, but it was pure luck.... it requires the Executor fleet to not attack Ahsoka... or its over... and guess what, they nearly always attack Ahsoka first... even if they don't, it's still a coin flip on a good day.
    Finalizer!!??... ha!! To quote CG Miller... Good luck!!

I wish before making a sweeping judgement on a new ship being beatable that the people quick to comment would be quicker to try it out before they said anything.
    We're heading towards one if two things (or maybe both consecutively) because of this release and then subsequent buff.
    1: A really stale fleet meta which we haven't seen really since the JKR vs JKR & Drevan vs Drevan days.
    2: A new even more expensive fleet to counter the Executor.

I for one will just slowly farm fleets on the side to keep it competitive.... but every release like this makes me think why the 'f' (pick your word here, I like fudge) do I bother?
    So, with fleet, I won't.... I'll get into the top ten... and that'll do.
    I'll overkill fleets (taking what I have that counters, like taking in Nego & Male) in GAC so it's not a concern.
    ... and then I'll regard fleets as the ugly duckling of gamemodes that it has now, even mores, become... shoddy, poorly thought out, poorly laid out, boring, bland, dull.
    The worst thing is... this is 'Star Wars' ... fleets should be exciting & take us back to the mystery of flying amongst the stars.... but it doesn't... it bores the bejeezus out if us every day no matter how much we try to make it interesting.
    Now... it's beyond boring into frustratingly bland and imbalanced.

It's a game.... it's supposed to be fun.... but fleets aren't....
    I know, now there's a few fleets that can beat each other, let's release a new (almost impossible to beat) fleet locked behind a pay wall. Wait a minute... somebody beat it?.... let's buff it into next week. Great thinking... absolutely great thinking!
  • Options
    I mean, if you guys would stop quoting my old comment on Executor counters which was PRE buff, that would be fantastic.

And while the Executor can still be beaten by Male, Nego and Rebels it got much harder for sure and dependant on whether you go up against XB, IG or S1 in the starting lineup.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Gavsta wrote: »
    2: A new even more expensive fleet to counter the Executor.

Well, it is a meta driven game, so… yeah, probably ^^

• Options
    people continue to play this because they win and it's fun, when you can't win you start to think "why am I playing this game" and you slowly start to quit. Sustain this "quit" feeling long enough and you get people who really quit. The ship "like JMK/CAT" should be able to be beaten by a clever use of theory crafting. The community has exhausted it use of theory crafting to the point where we definitely know this ship is unbeatable 3/4 of the time unless you have a 7* exe and then it's 1/2 of the time. Roll back the buffs and make it so that exe speed caps out at 4*, whatever that speed may be, and call it a day.
  • Options
    people continue to play this because they win and it's fun, when you can't win you start to think "why am I playing this game" and you slowly start to quit. Sustain this "quit" feeling long enough and you get people who really quit. The ship "like JMK/CAT" should be able to be beaten by a clever use of theory crafting. The community has exhausted it use of theory crafting to the point where we definitely know this ship is unbeatable 3/4 of the time unless you have a 7* exe and then it's 1/2 of the time. Roll back the buffs and make it so that exe speed caps out at 4*, whatever that speed may be, and call it a day.

I dunno how the actual battle is, but I see Mal and Nego climbing over 7* execs with entry requirement BH ships regularly. I dont feel the exec is as super duper mega powerful as described. I do love autoing Mal and Nego fleets though, saves a kitten load of time.
  • Options
    One problem with throwing a meta like this at ships is that there are *way too few ships*. We don't have enough to fill out our existing fleets. The small number of ships makes the window for theory-crafting extremely narrow, possibly to the point of being non-existent. And expecting us to relic Bistan on the off-chance that it works once in a blue moon and CG doesn't further buff the Exec is silliness.
  • Options
    Unless my GAC opponent cheated, he was able to beat my 7 star all relic pilot executor fleet (HT, XB, RC w/ Slave1 and IG as RI) with a Negotiator fleet. He said the AI does not target Anakin which allowed him to win fielding Anakin, Ashoka, HT and Ebon Hawk, Sarge, Plo, Fives as RI. His Bossk G12. His Plo, Sarge, Carth crew not even G8-G11.
    If the problem is AI, will this be fixed by CG? Was very disappointed to lose my GAC when I counted on my maxed Executor getting a hold especially against Negotiators .
  • Options
    With the release of the Executor and the post release buff, I think CG might have made their biggest mistake to date (a bold claim, I know :wink: ). They have made everyone mad.
    Lets start with the most important group (in the eyes of CG): Whales.
    • The pre-buff version of the 7* Executor was considered lackluster (the famous "good luck" statement really backfired, in this I blame the community as our reaction likely was what lead to this disaster) and there were problems with lower tier teams being better than higher tier teams. The last part needed to be fixed (although I found the power level at release more or less spot on), but from what I hear, the current 7* mirrors are really, really bad. And as the team cannot be beating on defence regularly, it makes for awkward GAC og TW battles. TW is just a numbers game now, the guild with most Executors win. Even whales likes a bit of skill :wink:
    Dolphins/hoarders: the ones like me who got the ship at 5 or 6*.
    • We really got hit by the buff. Before we could take out 7* ships and that was one of the reasons I "invested" in 5*. That is just worthless now. Were is our refund? As a side note, as I write this 9 ships in my top 15 are 7* Executors - and with 5 in a row there is no way though.
    Fishs/hoarders: the ones that got the ship at 4*.
    • They got hit by the buff just as much as the group above, but at least they spend less crystals.
    f2p and most others: the ones that didn't get the ship at all
    • Auch! Post buff it is just goodby to crystals each and every day, there is no coming back from this.

See? Everyone have reason to be angry. And I have not even begun mentioning the obvious lack of testing that lead to the buff - and the just as obvious lack of testing of the buff. I know all the arguments about how the community is 1000s times more people that CG, but some on! They are supposed to be professionals and it's not like the counters were weird in any way. Did they only test against Negotiator?
    What can be done?
    • Let's start with the most pressing: CG needs to acknowledge the mistake, apologize (yes, the community deserves an apology from a billion $ company that releases an update that threatens the long term life of the game. And make no mistake, the combination of the GL-counters nerf and this will lead to people leave the game again in droves. We are talking the dark times at spring 2020 all over.
    • Then we need a new fix. One that is tested and brings the ship to a power level that makes for fun play. It need to be beatable (>50%) by at least 2 other capital ships.Make the ships be Endurance and Raddus if you want to make money of players gearing up counters; I don't care. Fix the mirrors, something like JMK+Cat (auto-able with just a few targeting clicks during battle) would be really sweet.
    • ... oh and one more thing: learn from this! If you treat your customers bad, then the just might decide to stop being your customers. While I don't hear a lot of no-spend pledges, I hear a lot of "not right now". Wonder why.... :frowning:

One more thing. The "Fix" didn't fix the other big gear/star related problem: a slow (read: weak) Razor Crest is still way better than a fast one. It lets you mark the opposing RC.
    FIX EXECUTOR, NOW!

This! R8 BAM / RC consistently loses to R7 BAM / RC because the slower one gets to cleanse his own debuffs when he uses his special and applies breach on opposing faster RC, and then mark him at next turn. Same thing as paper zombie, and unless CG does something, we should ask for refunds to our Beskar Mandos
  • Options
    The whole update to Executor was done for nothing more than making mirrors a coin flip. RNG conditions on a mirror that make a battle flat out unwinnable a high percentage of the time are unacceptable.

The recent decisions in this game across the board deserve a major backlash from this community. Enough is enough. Until this community finally bands together nothing will ever change.
  • Options
    I dont know what happened but I couldnt beat mirrors with my usual lineup of HT, IG, RC. Had to switch out IG with XB.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I dont know what happened but I couldnt beat mirrors with my usual lineup of HT, IG, RC. Had to switch out IG with XB.

The consensus is becoming that Xanadu Blood is probably best in the starting lineup. Sure it isn't as fast as IG2K but the breach on basic is huge as well as the double tap doing it twice, thus getting you to the payouts sooner

I'm pretty disappointed in the whole fleet. We get this unbeatable monster hyped up and then it underperforms pretty much across the board. Add in the fact that having BAM undergeared is better, that putting r8 on IG was pretty much required (then they made changes making that not really necessary), and all the other issues that have cropped up. For the cost to unlock and max the fleet out it just isn't performing that well
  • Options
    In my fleetshard it is performing well and staying on top all the time.