Mace Windu Rework Idea

MegaCrunchi
50 posts Member
edited August 2021
Hello There,

Since we got the absolute gorgeous Jedi Master Kenobi in the game, in my opinion he should get a team consisting of his fellow Jedi Council members and maybe even without taking Units from other teams.

Therefor I thought it might be a good idea to start with a rework which is long overdue to replace General Kenobi in the current line-up.
I took some light inspiration from Ki-Adi-Mundi concerning his Unique 2 and restrained myself a bit with the number of abilities and Zetas in relation to other fleet commanders.

Mace Windu Rework Idea
UNIT NAME: Mace Windu
ALLINGMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Tank, Leader, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Fleet Commander
Abilities:
Basic: Invincible Assault
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy. If Mace is above 50% Health, this attack deals 50% more damage. If he is below 50% Health, he recovers 10% Health and Protection.
Shatterpoint: Deal bonus true damage equal to 20% of their Max Health
Special 1: Smite (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special Damage to target enemy and remove all buffs. Then inflict target enemy with the opposite debuffs. If no buffs were removed, inflict Stun for 1 turn which can't be resisted or removed.
Shatterpoint: Deal bonus true damage equal to 10% of their Max Health and inflict target enemy with Armor Shred.
Leader: Vaapad
FINAL TEXT: Jedi allies gain 30% Offense, 15% Critical Chance and 25% Critical Damage. When Jedi allies score a Critical Hit, they recover 5% Health and Protection.
Unique 1: Shatterpoint
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each of his turns, Mace inflicts a random enemy with Shatterpoint until the end of his turn which can't be resisted or removed. If Mace hits an enemy inflicted with Shatterpoint, he gains Taunt, Critical Hit Immunity and Retribution for 1 turn.
Shatterpoint: If hit by Mace, his abilities gain bonus effects.
Unique 2: Jedi Champion
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Mace taunts while he has Protection Up.
At the start of each battle if all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi, they have +30 Speed, +40% Max Health, and +20% Defense.
Galactic Republic Jedi allies with a Tank role have additional Defense equal to 10% of their Max Health.

Feel free to leave your opinion down below ^^
Post edited by MegaCrunchi on

Replies

• Options
    The infliction of Shatterpoint on a RANDOM enemy has the same problem as Mace’s Expose currently. If you’re stuck behind a Taunt, nothing you can do. I’d say make it the targeted enemy.
  • Options
    I don’t know how non-% defense works, but isn’t 10% of max health a but much? The (terrible) leads that give it are under 100.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options
    I don’t know how non-% defense works, but isn’t 10% of max health a but much? The (terrible) leads that give it are under 100.

Expose deals 20% Max Health damage, Aerial Advantage deals 20% for each Clone turn, and Courage deals 40%, for reference.
    Also, quite a few toons near ignore Max Health damage. I don’t think it’s OP, if that’s what you’re saying.
  • Options

Expose deals 20% Max Health damage, Aerial Advantage deals 20% for each Clone turn, and Courage deals 40%, for reference.
    Also, quite a few toons near ignore Max Health damage. I don’t think it’s OP, if that’s what you’re saying.

I’m asking if gaining defense equal to 10% of their max health (last line of unique 2) is OP. Wouldn’t that be like 8k defense.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options
    Well I really tried to make this Kit not OP, cause well... I normally tend to. Thats why I thought Shatterpoint on a random enemy would still be pretty good cause in the end, Mace is designed to be the tank and not a attacker ^^"

And for the Defense part, I think there are more than enough characters in game who do enough dmg or have enough armor pen to get trough the high defense stats Mace or other tanks would get.

Plus obviously I wanted to get something useful because of those useless "here have 100 defense " leader abilities.
  • Options
    Overall not a bad kit design. Thou I do have a few problems with it. 3 to be precise.
    The first is, as stated before, Shatterpoint being placed on a random enemy. It has the same problem as his current Expose. It makes it really unlikely that he ever triggers it due to Stealth and Taunt existing. And no, him not being an attacker is no excuse for this. As you could also easily not make the Shatterpoint bonusses do something different than extra damage under the same reasoning.
    The second is much more significant thou. It has to do with the Jedi Champion unique, as it's way to powerful. Think about it: If you have JMK lead with KI-Adi-Mundi and this Mace Windu, all GLJ allies have + 90 speed and + 105% Max Heath, while supports/healers gain offence equal to 10% of their max health and tanks gain defense equal to 10% of their Max Health (which with 105% increase is basically at GL level. Your supporters will likely deal more damage than JMK and your tanks will basically take no damage at all, even against high Defense Penetration characters). That's way too overpowered. That's what happens when you copy an end-game TB character's arguably strongest ability an allow it to stack with said ability and a leadership ability: It tends to get out of hand rather quickly.
    p.s. JMK lead allows tank allies to regain taunt when they lose it if they have protection, so the taunt while he had protection up clause is a bit useless as well. Since he was meant for that team.
    The last has to do with inflicting the opposite debuffs for his Smite Specials. It does mean you will need to mod him for Potency a bit now. That just bothers me personally. Thou it isn't exactly bad either.
    Overall a good kit thou. Just has a few problems that need to be fixed. I did a rework idea for Mace Windu myself quite a while back. You can find it here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228230/mace-windu-rework-idea-galactic-republic-jedi
  • MegaCrunchi
    50 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You got me there I guess ^^"
    I agree that the second Ki-Adi-Mundi Unique might be a bit too much ^^"

But after reading your Kit Idea I had a rough idea what I need to change to make my Idea better but less op if that makes sense xD

So I thank you for your feedback :)

Changes marked in green

UNIT NAME: Mace Windu
    ALLINGMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Light Side, Tank, Leader, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Fleet Commander
    Abilities:
    Basic: INVINCIBLE ASSAULT
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special Damage to target enemy. If Mace is above 50% Health, this attack deals 50% more damage. If he is below 50% Health, he recovers 10% Health and Protection.
    Shatterpoint: Deal bonus true damage equal to 20% of their Max Health
    Special 1: SMITE (Cooldown 3)
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special Damage to target enemy and remove all buffs. Then inflict target enemy with the opposite debuffs. If no buffs were removed, inflict Stun for 1 turn which can't be resisted or removed.
    Shatterpoint: Deal bonus true damage equal to 10% of their Max Health and inflict target enemy with Armor Shred.
    Leader: JEDI CHAMPION
    FINAL TEXT: FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each battle if all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi, they have +20 Speed, +30% Max Health and +20% Defense.
    Galactic Republic Jedi allies with a Tank role have additional Defense equal to 5% of their Max Health.
    While Mace Windu is in an ally slot all Galactic Republic Jedi gain +10 Speed, +15% Max Health and +10% Defense.

Unique 1: SHATTERPOINT
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each of his turns, Mace inflicts a random enemy with Shatterpoint until the end of his turn which can't be resisted or removed. If Mace hits an enemy inflicted with Shatterpoint, he gains Taunt, Critical Hit Immunity and Retribution for 1 turn.
    Shatterpoint: Removes Stealth from the unit and grants Mace abilites bonus effects.
    Unique 2: VAAPAD
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Mace Windu ignores taunt during his turn and has +50% Potency while targeting an unit inflicted with Shatterpoint. If all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi, at the start of each allies turn, Mace Windu has a 20% chance to gain a bonus turn in which he can only use the granted ability Swift Flank.
    Swift Flank: Deal Special Damage to target enemy, inflict Daze for 2 turns and gain Defense Up and Foresight for 2 turns.
    Shatterpoint: Deal bonus true damage equal to 10% of their Max Health.

Thanks again for the feedback and feel free to comment again ^^
    Post edited by MegaCrunchi on